DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 23, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #2,911 of 22,021
So, DX200 sounds better than WM1A ? From balanced to balanced ?

No no, in no way better, im excited with new toy and 1A has 200 h now, dx200 is more spacious, 1a more intimate, 2 really different propositions all together.

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #2,912 of 22,021
  Thanks to the user manual, now I found the way to lock the volume wheel (and the side buttons). It feels much safer to put it in my pocket and move around while listening
gs1000.gif

However, I found a little issue. When I play the musics in playlist and shuffle mode, sometimes the start of the musics will cutoff when changing tracks. Any other people also got this issue also?

I will put this down on a list for the software team.

Hi Paul,
If everyone thinks as you do, I would have happily continued this topic and asking how soon can we get stocks in Singapore, whether other android players apk can be installed and whether an amp module with 4.4mm song balanced jack he available.

Good question about the 4.4. I do not know for sure for the future but right now there are no plans.

It's here:) Thanks for super quick delivery Ibasso!!!

I didnt realise the burn in cable was for the balanced, does that work for SE too or i need to plug in headphones for 200 hours or so, sorry if already mentioned guys, pics and impressions coming at some point..

The cable will burn in the balanced and SE. There is a little SE circuit that it doesn't burn in but most of the work will be done by the balanced burn in cable.

Is it the very 1st update through zip file den subsequent updates onward is through ota? Any1 can clarify on this?

The OTA will be coming but we don't have it available right now. It is a future release.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 23, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #2,913 of 22,021

I just got one couples hours ago, I know I said earlier that I will get DX200 months later after the initial release, but when I was told that local retailer had them ready stock and when I check it, they only got one stock left, so I can't helped it, I bought one.

My initial impression they sound very good compare to fiio X7 with AM3 module, and the background is silent no hissing with noble katana (when offline), right now I am very happy with how this thing sound.

But there is one thing that bother me, when connected to wifi I can hear noise when streaming or downloading from app like spotify. I believe I have read somewhere in this forums that mention there is no noise when connected to wifi, or I have missread it, maybe someone can confirm it, that there is noise when connected to wifi. I am using noble katana and install the latest firmware V1.3.60

Edited: Now I can stored to sd card on spotify, maybe it a software glitch when I cannot stored to sd card. But still noise when wifi is active.

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #2,914 of 22,021
I'm getting balanced today so will see how much the jump is on the WM1A. I guess the only way to know is to try it Whitigir kkkk. I will have to check out the DX200 now I guess. I do feel like the clarity is an illusion on ESS sabre chips. It pulls details out like no other resolves lightning fast which is good for very complex passages, but when I need some inner nuances in female vocals in jazz, i find it a bit difficult to listen as it resolves too quickly between notes. Only one way to find out. I'm just waiting for amazon to list it so I can buy it with easy return.

You are correct regarding ESS typical sound signature. Remember to burn in your 4.4mm :D

Jan 23, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #2,915 of 22,021
David....you really have to uncap your device to get high gain especially on balance. I just cannot recommend balance on low gain. Yes the sound will sound thinner....you absolutely need it on high gain to make it come alive. I can see your reasoning on that on low gain. Anyone hear the dx200 on andromedas? I hear this super spacious soundstage on DX200, but on balanced the WM1A gets pretty big...i would not call it intimate by any far stretch of the imagination. Only thing that can edge it out is the ALO CDM, which the soundstage is actually the biggest i've ever heard from any device. It must be a pairing/synergy thing. If anyone has the andros, please report on hissing, and how it reacts to the IO. If the people are already hearing fleshed out sound and mid bassiness...the andros with highly reactive z output will probably be far too bassy.

Jan 23, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #2,916 of 22,021
Hi all, a very happy DX100 user here! I have been reading this thread closely for some time, and I'm just about to pull the trigger! I wonder if anyone can comment on a few thing though:

1- How does gapless work (one of the few irks with the 100)

2- I plan to use it quite a lot as an USB-DAC/Amp, and i wonder how will this affect the battery life, since it would be constantly connected (and charging?) and in my experience it can be really bad. (I used the DX100 a lot as the source for my home setup while plugged in, and it degraded the battery a lot faster, I went through 3 batteries since 2012 and am currently in need of the 4th)

Thanks for any comment! I'll stay around waiting for comparisons with the DX100 which i love
L3000.gif

Jan 23, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #2,919 of 22,021
  Ω on balanced/unbalanced with standard amp?

Yes the amp that comes with the DX200 is single ended and balanced. The balanced section will easily and correctly drive most full sized headphones. It is also designed to work well with sensitive IEMs.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 23, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #2,920 of 22,021

Yes the amp that comes with the DX200 is single ended and balanced. The balanced section will easily and correctly drive most full sized headphones. It is also designed to work well with sensitive IEMs.

Great, but number of ohm? i think 0.1-1 is good, i have a shure se846 and i never listened a blackground. Now i have Cowon plenue m2 and my dap have a little bit hiss, but is not blackground.

Jan 23, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #2,921 of 22,021

2- I plan to use it quite a lot as an USB-DAC/Amp, and i wonder how will this affect the battery life, since it would be constantly connected (and charging?) and in my experience it can be really bad. (I used the DX100 a lot as the source for my home setup while plugged in, and it degraded the battery a lot faster, I went through 3 batteries since 2012 and am currently in need of the 4th)

I'm looking forward to an answer on this question too. I hope Paul will ask technicians about battery life considering constant charging.  

Jan 23, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #2,923 of 22,021

This morning wasn't, but now it is. Once I will find out more about this player I will order one to pair it with my Ether C Flow with pure silver cable in balanced mode.
Movies and music both should sound great.

Have you got your Flows already? 

How do you like them?

Jan 23, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #2,924 of 22,021

This morning wasn't, but now it is. Once I will find out more about this player I will order one to pair it with my Ether C Flow with pure silver cable in balanced mode.
Movies and music both should sound great.

Have you got your Flows already? 

How do you like them?

Yes got the Flows, they have the sound signature that I like, great deep bass, micro details  with big soundstage like they were open. Hope the silver cable will take them to another level.
And if I get the DX200 without trying hope to have a great synergy. My Tera Player will be for parks, work and traveling and Flows for home listening.

Jan 23, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #2,925 of 22,021

Yes got the Flows, they have the sound signature that I like, great deep bass, micro details  with big soundstage like they were open. Hope the silver cable will take them to another level.
And if I get the DX200 without trying hope to have a great synergy. My Tera Player will be for parks, work and traveling and Flows for home listening.

Nice one. They are great phones and really impressed me when I heard them. You won't get much better than that.

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back