DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 23, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #2,899 of 22,021
I think this link is beneficial to understand digital filter. So I would like to share here.

https://ayre.com/pdf/Ayre_MP_White_Paper.pdf

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #2,900 of 22,021
Can I report this to the moderator of this thread?

I feel like I've been singled out and victimised because someone has a negative impression of me because of my English? That's discrimination in the most obvious way.

And sounding so forgiving and generous after that rant is very elitist in my books.

I'm sorry Steve but this is not acceptable.

An apology is in order else we can take this to the moderators.

I really apologise to everyone and Paul for this matter. It seems my opinion is regarded unacceptable and elitist by one reader and I'm getting flamed for it. Not letting this go off.

Moderator please advise. Thank you.

This is interesting. Here I am supporting the new guys to the community. The ones who may not have the technical training or the best testing instruments from a person who has literally just tried to turn the tables with misdirection because he was called on his statement. I sounded forgiving because I am forgiving and generous...it has nothing to do with you. That was elitist? Compared to your comments earlier? LOL. 

You want an apology? Sure, here, and know that it's absolutely given with an incredulous smile. I'm sorry you took my rant as singling you out. 

Steve from NYC

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #2,901 of 22,021
The manual has been great.

It helped me to work out how to mount it on my Macbook pro.

Also to scan the music is two swipes to the right of the music player (a friend showed me, i thought it only went once).

I did buy a new micro sd card and then promptly loaded the music to the internal memory, Doh!

Next to update the Firmware

It is helpful indeed, yet for any Android newbie such as me, note that afaik MacOS do not support natively MTP protocol, so can't mount the device directly, one must use a software such as Android File Transfer.
How do you lock/unlock the buttons, I must be blind but I can't find it in the manual !

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #2,902 of 22,021

This is interesting. Here I am supporting the new guys to the community. The ones who may not have the technical training or the best testing instruments from a person who has literally just tried to turn the tables with misdirection because he was called on his statement. I sounded forgiving because I am forgiving and generous...it has nothing to do with you. That was elitist? Compared to your comments earlier? LOL. 

You want an apology? Sure, here, and know that it's absolutely given with an incredulous smile. I'm sorry you took my rant as singling you out. 

Steve from NYC

Yet all your statements are based on quoting my mine. If that's not singling me out i don't know what is.

Anyway, i see now it is really pointless explaining myself. 
Not sure why this entire episode came about but if it helped you get some monkey off your shoulders that's fine.

Now be the better man and just go forth continue supporting the new guys. 

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #2,903 of 22,021
Anyway....back to the topic. The unit is out for delivery.

I'm curious if you other guys have gotten any updates yet?

I'm more excited about this than when my friend sent me his AK380. Which is the better firmware? Should I update to the latest or stay one update back? Any suggestions?

Steve from NYC

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #2,904 of 22,021
Any chance for some of the DX200 owners to put up a video on setting up (Mac?), loading music and some of the player?

Maybe even sharing some nice easter eggs found during the expeirnce as well?

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #2,905 of 22,021
  Ill try my man, just playing music 3 min so far, but, well..actually i am seriously impressed..
Whatever Paul has been about here all this time telling us to be patient its true my friends..
My 1A has 200 hiurs now and im very surprised i find dx200 clearer and warmer too actually..hmm

I concur with the 1A comparison (my 1A has 400h at least), maybe I'll nuance warm as it's not overly warm or much warmer than the 1A. I would rather say it's significantly fuller at least with the Vega, especially lower mids which explain the warmer feeling. The DX200 is getting better every hour I put on it, it's getting more and more "musical". I think we should assume things are going to improve / change quite a bit as described by some even the first 10/20 hours (heck, at 5 hours I already find a difference or its my brain). One aspect that impresses me is how "fast" this player is, as in it's so nimble with complex fast tempo arrangements.

On a sidenote, I noticed charging is fast probably the benefits of the USB type C specs. Also, kudos iBasso for the quality of the charging cable. Note I experienced an issue with an external battery I use when I need to charge my DAPs without being tied to a plug : the amp meter when wild to the max and the external battery simply shut down... I guess it's drawing too much power :p

The AT 70x,top pairing, Vega next

You're in for a treat with the Vega :)

Any chance for some of the DX200 owners to put up a video on setting up (Mac?), loading music and some of the player?

Do you have android devices?

It's just purely the same experience as any device using Android File Transfer is almost as straightforward as the finder.

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #2,906 of 22,021
I concur with the 1A comparison (my 1A has 400h at least), maybe I'll nuance warm as it's not overly warm or much warmer than the 1A. I would rather say it's significantly fuller at least with the Vega, especially lower mids which explain the warmer feeling. The DX200 is getting better every hour I put on it, it's getting more and more "musical". I think we should assume things are going to improve / change quite a bit as described by some even the first 10/20 hours (heck, at 5 hours I already find a difference or its my brain). One aspect that impresses me is how "fast" this player is, as in it's so nimble with complex fast tempo arrangements.

On a sidenote, I noticed charging is fast probably the benefits of the USB type C specs. Also, kudos iBasso for the quality of the charging cable. Note I experienced an issue with an external battery I use when I need to charge my DAPs without being tied to a plug : the amp meter when wild to the max and the external battery simply shut down... I guess it's drawing too much power :p

You're in for a treat with the Vega :)

Do you have android devices?

It's just purely the same experience as any device using Android File Transfer is almost as straightforward as the finder.

It is nice to hear that charging is fast, may I know what you normally charge it off?

I think is interesting to hear that the power bank doesn't work together. Power banks usually do 1-2.1A and that's more than most computer USB ports do, matching most wall sockets. Perhaps you can check the voltage and amp rating of the supplied charger if that's what you are using? It sounds strange as usually the device just tapers down the draw to what the source can deliver.

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #2,908 of 22,021

MacOS do not natively support MTP protocol used by Android devices, so you won't be able to mount your DX200 as a drive (like my DX90 for example). Yet it's not too difficult:
- download and install on your application folder Android File Transfer
- plugin your DX200 to your Mac using the USB cable
- unlock your DX200 if needed
- swipe down from the top screen, and you will see a USB "widget"
- touch it to open the options list, and select "File Transfer"
This should automatically launch Android File Transfer app (if not try to launch the app), giving you access to the internal memory as well as memory card folders. You can drag and drop folders/files from the Finder  to Android File Transfer.

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #2,909 of 22,021

MacOS do not natively support MTP protocol used by Android devices, so you won't be able to mount your DX200 as a drive (like my DX90 for example). Yet it's not too difficult:
- download and install on your application folder Android File Transfer
- plugin your DX200 to your Mac using the USB cable
- unlock your DX200 if needed
- swipe down from the top screen, and you will see a USB "widget"
- touch it to open the options list, and select "File Transfer"
This should automatically launch Android File Transfer app (if not try to launch the app), giving you access to the internal memory as well as memory card folders. You can drag and drop folders/files from the Finder  to Android File Transfer.

Thanks for the awesome tips, monkkx  
regular_smile .gif

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #2,910 of 22,021
I'm getting balanced today so will see how much the jump is on the WM1A. I guess the only way to know is to try it Whitigir kkkk. I will have to check out the DX200 now I guess. I do feel like the clarity is an illusion on ESS sabre chips. It pulls details out like no other resolves lightning fast which is good for very complex passages, but when I need some inner nuances in female vocals in jazz, i find it a bit difficult to listen as it resolves too quickly between notes. Only one way to find out. I'm just waiting for amazon to list it so I can buy it with easy return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back