DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 7, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #2,161 of 22,021
Thanks for the recommendation. No actually be reassured I have done all the testing on default. Now I will test with your recommendation. Do you know what apodizing is supposed to be?

http://hifiduino.blogspot.fr/2009/05/wm8741-digital-filters.html?m=1

WM8741, AKM4490/95, Sabre dacs seem to offer the same kind of filters. Not an easy read, but there are some useful bits of info.

Jan 7, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #2,162 of 22,021
The DX200 takes time to mature and fully develop the sound it is capable of. The sound stage will open up more and the bass will tighten up. This is a process that seems to be universal to electronic components used in audio. Some believe there is a break in period and some do not. Some people want measurements to prove this. The changes can be subtle but meaningful but not something that equipment can always measure. What I have heard are changes and the DX200 needs time. I always suggest to just enjoy the music. The burn in cable can be used or a set of headphones but there has to be a load for the process to proceed. There will also be FW updates of course. This is normal with any electronic device that has software of this type. We have some very expensive equipment from a number of countries and they have all needed updates. It is like working out you learn what muscles need more work.
smile.gif

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 7, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #2,163 of 22,021

in Opus 1 thread people did it, that's why i'm here.

Yeah but Opus fans are reputed to be complete lunatics, who abide by no rules.

Yeah!  You are right!!!  oh, wait...
frown.gif

biggrin.gif

For sure, no DAP discussion will be complete without comparison.  After all, sound description of any DAP is heavily biased based on a synergy with a particular pair of IEM or full size used during testing.  So, at least a relative comparison to other DAPs we are familiar with can paint a full picture.  But switching a topic of discussion to other upcoming DAPs will be unfair to this thread.

Jan 7, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #2,164 of 22,021
it's a mistake. I didn't wantet to turn IBasso thread into "everything on a market" thread and discuss it here. Lets make it in another way- If someone knows about interesting upcoming totl dap projects, please send it me via PM.
Thnks.

And in this place Paul is a king :cool:

Jan 7, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #2,165 of 22,021
The DX200 takes time to mature and fully develop the sound it is capable of. The sound stage will open up more and the bass will tighten up. This is a process that seems to be universal to electronic components used in audio. Some believe there is a break in period and some do not. Some people want measurements to prove this. The changes can be subtle but meaningful but not something that equipment can always measure. What I have heard are changes and the DX200 needs time. I always suggest to just enjoy the music. The burn in cable can be used or a set of headphones but there has to be a load for the process to proceed. There will also be FW updates of course. This is normal with any electronic device that has software of this type. We have some very expensive equipment from a number of countries and they have all needed updates. It is like working out you learn what muscles need more work. :smile:

Just for curiosity, what is the main reason for iBasso not burning in the devices so they can have best sound quality before shipping to consumers?

Jan 7, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #2,166 of 22,021
Just for curiosity, what is the main reason for iBasso not burning in the devices so they can have best sound quality before shipping to consumers?

I don't know of any manufacture that produces any number of a product that will do this. It would take too much time and would require huge numbers of DAP's etc., to be lined up. Sure they are tested. I was at the factory for HiFiman a few years ago and there were racks of daps but this was for testing and to make sure everything was working. 

Jan 7, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #2,167 of 22,021

Time and money. Do they sell 10.000 a year? How many people should they hire to control this? And anyway does it matter its part of the experience for us. How big is the difference if any ?

Jan 7, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #2,169 of 22,021
I see you've spoken quite positively about the airiness and soundstage compared to PAW Gold and Sony's new Walkman.

Would you like to share a few more words about that?
The LPG always had a fairly narrow but deep soundstage, so the DX200 being wider it sounds airier as well. The WM1Z is just as wide but the sound is more full and lush so it sounds less airy...all to be taken with a grain of salt.

Jan 7, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #2,170 of 22,021
The LPG always had a fairly narrow but deep soundstage, so the DX200 being wider it sounds airier as well. The WM1Z is just as wide but the sound is more full and lush so it sounds less airy...all to be taken with a grain of salt.

I love how head fi is depending you to single handedly answer the million questions we have about the dx200 :p

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #2,173 of 22,021

I love how head fi is depending you to single handedly answer the million questions we have about the dx200
tongue.gif

He enjoys it. 
wink.gif

Also, I have backstage passes and can ask anything I want via PM. 
biggrin.gif

Mimouille, please point, on the doll, to show the court where the nasty man touched you
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #2,174 of 22,021
  Sorry, Paul, I couldn't resist! From iBasso FB:
The finished DX200! All CNC and the highest quality parts.
- Dual SABRE ES9028PRO DAC Chips.
- Bit for Bit Playback, Support up to 32bit/384kHz.
- Support of Native DSD up to 512x.
- XMOS USB Receiver with Thesycon USB Audio Driver, Easy to use USB DAC.
- Dual Accusilicon ultra low phase noise oscillators.
- 4.2" IPS Screen (768*1280) with Capacitive Touch Panel, Bonded by OCA.
- Mini Optical Output and Mini Coaxial Output.
- 8-core CPU.
- 2GB LPDDR3.
- 64G of internal memory.
- 5G wifi and Bluetooth4.0.
- Patented user exchangeable AMP card.
- Three Physical Buttons (Previous, Play/Pauses, Next).
- 150-Steps Digital Volume Control.
- Audio Formats Supported: APE, FLAC, WAV, WMA, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, OGG, MP3, DFF, DSF, DXD.
- Support for M3U Playlist
- 4400mAh 3.8V Li-Polymer battery (Play time vary with AMP card)
- Micro SD card slot for expanded memory.

OMG optical+tidal OMGOMG. MUST HAVE NOW! 

AFAIK, this is the only one that costs <$1k and has tidal+optical AFAIK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back