DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 8, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #2,192 of 22,021

If this holds true for all units, amp modules and single ended output we will have many happy times ahead!

(thank you for installing it etc)

For what's worth I don't stream, but I know MANY consumers will be.

You're welcome.
I hope the ibasso will continue to bring up more features and better amp module for the DX200!

Jan 8, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #2,193 of 22,021

more impressions and comparisons? :)

Comparing to my DX90 and mojo, I think the most impressing are the sound stage and the details.
Everything from mojo seems like have good separation, but in a very room like a studio.
The sound sig of DX200 is like DX90, but with better control of bass, clearer mid and better high frequency extension.
Though the firmware are still a bit laggy(especially using the Mango), but ibasso will continue to update it till perfect.
I am also curious how lurker can help to mod the firmware (I have been using Lurker firmware for DX90 till now
wink_face.gif
).

Jan 8, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #2,194 of 22,021
Comparing to my DX90 and mojo, I think the most impressing are the sound stage and the details.
Everything from mojo seems like have good separation, but in a very room like a studio.
The sound sig of DX200 is like DX90, but with better control of bass, clearer mid and better high frequency extension.
Though the firmware are still a bit laggy(especially using the Mango), but ibasso will continue to update it till perfect.
I am also curious how lurker can help to mod the firmware (I have been using Lurker firmware for DX90 till now:wink_face: ).
by "control of bass" you mean it has less bass?

Jan 8, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #2,195 of 22,021
by "control of bass" you mean it has less bass?

What I mean is that the bass is tighter than DX90.
I can hear more texture in the bass region and also the bass is hitting deeper than the DX90.

Jan 8, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #2,196 of 22,021
I am also curious how lurker can help to mod the firmware (I have been using Lurker firmware for DX90 till now:wink_face: ).

Could I trouble you to try the mojo fed from the dx200? :) I have found the mojo to really scale with certain sources. How does the dx200 fair in terms of resolution and transparency to that pairing of the dx200 and the mojo? :) sorry for the trouble and thanks loads!

Jan 8, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #2,197 of 22,021
Could I trouble you to try the mojo fed from the dx200?
smily_headphones1.gif
I have found the mojo to really scale with certain sources. How does the dx200 fair in terms of resolution and transparency to that pairing of the dx200 and the mojo?
smily_headphones1.gif
sorry for the trouble and thanks loads!

I want to try but I have rewired my only cable in balanced.
happy_face1.gif

Once I got the adapter cable I will try that for you.

Jan 8, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #2,198 of 22,021
Jan 8, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #2,199 of 22,021
First iBasso should publish full flash firmware...

The updated firmware isnt full?
Or do you need the firmware because you cant download it from the baidu drive?
I can upload it to google for you.

Jan 8, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #2,200 of 22,021
  The updated firmware isnt full?

It is an OTA file, as far as I understand. It is a zip archive that contains only modified parts. Full flash is an update.img file, which contains all the firmware parts.

Jan 8, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #2,201 of 22,021
  It is an OTA file, as far as I understand. It is a zip archive that contains only modified parts. Full flash is an update.img file, which contains all the firmware parts.

I can see boot.img inside the file, but I am not familiar with the android system.
Maybe you will need the DX200 first to extract the original firmware and do magic on it?
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 8, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #2,202 of 22,021

Though installing the apps is a bit time consuming, but it works flawlessly.
No noise are detected by my balanced K10.

No noise when streaming that is good news. I own X7 and it has a lot of noise detected using noble katana when streaming or downloading. My level of interest just up 3 level :)

Jan 8, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #2,203 of 22,021
so with sensitive iems like zeus and wifi and bluetooth on there is no hiss or noise

Jan 8, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #2,204 of 22,021
No noise when streaming that is good news. I own X7 and it has a lot of noise detected using noble katana when streaming or downloading. My level of interest just up 3 level
smily_headphones1.gif

I also found that the DX200 seems doing great on blocking RF interference.
When I use the DX90 or mojo alone, the RF interference is quite an issue on public transport or in elevator.
Seems this time ibasso have did something to tackle to problems.
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #2,205 of 22,021
  so with sensitive iems like zeus and wifi and bluetooth on there is no hiss or noise

I wont say the noble K10 extremely sensitive, but I am quite happy with the black background.
Maybe using more sensitive IEM like ie800 would have slightly hiss I guess?
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back