DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 26, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #1,801 of 22,021
Oh I'm just curious about the new DX200, at least it's not a overrated 1990s style product like LPG. And TBH it's not that hard to my wallet, consider it doesn't even cost as much as one of my vintage Pioneer in my garage right now. However I doubt I will spend that much money on a product like LPG, throwing money out of window isn't my habit.

It seems like you're care more about style than sound? If that's the case, then we're on the same boat. But I wouldn't call LPG is an overrated DAP. Most people here praised about the sound of it. I'm pretty sure not many say the LPG look sexy. It's the sound we're all looking for right? 

I love the AK70 because it looks pretty to me and its been on my list for a while now, mainly because it looks good to me with minty green color. I'll get the AK70 or the DX200 in early next year. If the DX200 is not that much far apart from the AK70, then I don't mind to sacrifice a little of the sound for the look of the AK70.  

Dec 26, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #1,802 of 22,021
Oh I'm just curious about the new DX200, at least it's not a overrated 1990s style product like LPG. And TBH it's not that hard to my wallet, consider it doesn't even cost as much as one of my vintage Pioneer in my garage right now. However I doubt I will spend that much money on a product like LPG, throwing money out of window isn't my habit.

Do you not like the LPG sound or is it that you don't like the price? Or you don't like the design? All different criteria for liking/disliking the dap. I can understand complaints about the price and design, but the sound not being better than a smartphone?

Tumyum You beat me to it. From the pictures, I didn't care for the LPG either but once I had it in hand, I found it to be much better. Even the UI was not as bad as I thought. Only reason I didn't buy it, I couldn't manually search for a song. Ironically, I can't do that either with my Sony nw-wm1z... Which I find extremely frustrating.

Dec 26, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #1,803 of 22,021
Am I seeing twister posting like this for the first time or what
biggrin.gif

I added a few smiley faces in my reply, didn't I?
tongue.gif

Dec 26, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #1,804 of 22,021
Do you not like the LPG sound or is it that you don't like the price? Or you don't like the design? All different criteria for liking/disliking the dap. I can understand complaints about the price and design, but the sound not being better than a smartphone?

Tumyum You beat me to it. From the pictures, I didn't care for the LPG either but once I had it in hand, I found it to be much better. Even the UI was not as bad as I thought. Only reason I didn't buy it, I couldn't manually search for a song. Ironically, I can't do that either with my Sony nw-wm1z... Which I find extremely frustrating.

I didn't say the SQ was bad, it just doesn't live up to the hype and isn't worth for its pricey price tag. The clarity, the power, separation of instruments, just meh compared to my smartphone. I honestly don't see any point for praising the DAP, except from its cost ie "it's expensive so it's must be good".

Regarding the design, I find it's disturbingly ugly, especially the wheel. And the UI. Sorting the music yourself? Hello, it's 2017 already.

PS: this is DX200 thread, so I think it's not appropriate to talk about another product in here. So, points made. That's it.

Dec 26, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #1,805 of 22,021

It seems like you're care more about style than sound? If that's the case, then we're on the same boat. But I wouldn't call LPG is an overrated DAP. Most people here praised about the sound of it. I'm pretty sure not many say the LPG look sexy. It's the sound we're all looking for right? 

I love the AK70 because it looks pretty to me and its been on my list for a while now, mainly because it looks good to me with minty green color. I'll get the AK70 or the DX200 in early next year. If the DX200 is not that much far apart from the AK70, then I don't mind to sacrifice a little of the sound for the look of the AK70.  

I don't have AK70, never heard it.  But many people I know refer to its sound quality as mid-fi, maybe even lower end of it, of course a subjective opinion.  But the fact is that AK designed AK70 as their entry level DAP, replacement for AK Jr.  DX200 is iBasso flagship summit-fi model.  Just my speculation, but I have a feeling there will be a noticeable difference in sound quality
wink.gif

Dec 26, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #1,806 of 22,021
I didn't say the SQ was bad, it just doesn't live up to the hype and isn't worth for its pricey price tag. The clarity, the power, separation of instruments, just meh compared to my smartphone. I honestly don't see any point for praising the DAP, except from its cost ie "it's expensive so it's must be good".

Regarding the design, I find it's disturbingly ugly, especially the wheel. And the UI. Sorting the music yourself? Hello, it's 2017 already.

PS: this is DX200 thread, so I think it's not appropriate to talk about another product in here. So, points made. That's it.

It was being discussed as a point of comparison. I simply asked for a clarification of your statement. I didn't bring it up. I didn't want to discuss the LPG.

Dec 26, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #1,807 of 22,021

I don't have AK70, never heard it.  But many people I know refer to its sound quality as mid-fi, maybe even lower end of it, of course a subjective opinion.  But the fact is that AK designed AK70 as their entry level DAP, replacement for AK Jr.  DX200 is iBasso flagship summit-fi model.  Just my speculation, but I have a feeling there will be a noticeable difference in sound quality
wink.gif

If the DX200 isn't one of the very top daps then I think there will be something really that went wrong and like you, I have not heard the AK70 but have read enough about it, to know it would be unlikely that it will be anywhere near the same quality of sound or other areas of performance. 

Dec 26, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #1,808 of 22,021
Prices between the AK70 and DX200 aren't too far apart though considering one is summit fi and ones entry level

Dec 26, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #1,811 of 22,021
Prices between the AK70 and DX200 aren't too far apart though considering one is summit fi and ones entry level

IMO, Summit-Fi is not always about cost....

Dec 26, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #1,813 of 22,021
It seems like AK70 and DX200 is not in the same league then. I cannot sacrifice that much of a sound for a look. I just bump DX200 to the top of my list now. Hopefully Mimouille heard the AK70 before and do a comparison between these two.

How the hell China always get things before us? They even got Hollywood movies before us too. I'm Asian and I still called it discriminated.

Dec 26, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #1,814 of 22,021
It seems like AK70 and DX200 is not in the same league then. I cannot sacrifice that much of a sound for a look. I just bump DX200 to the top of my list now. Hopefully Mimouille heard the AK70 before and do a comparison between these two.

How the hell China always get things before us? They even got Hollywood movies before us too. I'm Asian and I still called it discriminated.

The world is changing.

Dec 26, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #1,815 of 22,021

We have a lot of good experience with amplifiers. There will be a single ended and others that are being worked on. Even with the balanced/single ended amp that the DX200 comes with the DX200 is very quiet with a very good signal to noise ratio as can be seen by the measurements.

​Would the DX200 amp be able to drive demanding headphones like HD650 well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back