DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 26, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #1,786 of 22,021
Hello Paul, could you provide any details on current an future amp modules? The current one seems to be a quite powerful balanced amp, so what else is to come?

We have a lot of good experience with amplifiers. There will be a single ended and others that are being worked on. Even with the balanced/single ended amp that the DX200 comes with the DX200 is very quiet with a very good signal to noise ratio as can be seen by the measurements.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 26, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #1,788 of 22,021
Don't believe the hype. Not worth the money, especially if you use IEMs, it wasn't even better than my V10 smartphone

wow. I've read several reviews from different respected websites,and heard many good words from fellow audiophiles, who tested or even owned LPG- they said it's one of (if not tne only) DAP on a planet that performs on pair with desktop gears in term of SQ.

Dec 26, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #1,789 of 22,021

Don't believe the hype. Not worth the money, especially if you use IEMs, it wasn't even better than my V10 smartphone

wow. I've read several reviews from different respected websites,and heard many good words from fellow audiophiles, who tested or even owned LPG- they said it's one of (if not tne only) DAP on a planet that performs on pair with desktop gears in term of SQ.

Thus demonstrating that different people hear different things and hear gear in different ways...

Dec 26, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #1,790 of 22,021
Thus demonstrating that different people hear different things and hear gear in different ways...
And listen to way different styles of music.

Dec 26, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #1,791 of 22,021
never heard it. But almost everyone saying, that LPG is one of the best sounding DAPs ever

I loved the sound. Worth the money? Up to each person.

I think it sounds much better than my v10 and v20. I love the sound of the LPG. Is it worth it? Up to the individual. For me, I didn't buy it, so no. I passed because of the UI, not the sound.

Dec 26, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #1,793 of 22,021

I am not so sure about the last statement. I have heard a number of desktop dacs and for IEM's and some headphones I preferred the DX100 and still do. I look forward to hearing what the DX200 does. 

Dec 26, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #1,794 of 22,021

I just trade my Galaxy S7 with my cousin for her HTC M10 in hope that it got great DAC inside so I don't have to pair my Mojo with it. M10 and V20 are currently the best smartphones for music on the market, but they can't compare to Mojo. I haven't heard LPG yet but I believe it will beat the crap out of any smartphones as well. Smartphone is good at one thing, texting and calling. The tech simply isn't there yet for smartphone to do it all. I paired my CA Vega with M10 and it made my Vega sounded like a $300 IEM, and when I paired with Mojo then the sound that I known and loved.

Smartphone sux and I said it. I love portable and I had been look in every possible way to minimize stacking but the sound is decent at best with the M10 when it came to these high end IEMs. Pair the M10 with DF Red and it sound a little better thru UAPP. Pair with Mojo and its a whole different world.  

Dec 26, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #1,796 of 22,021
We have a lot of good experience with amplifiers. There will be a single ended and others that are being worked on. Even with the balanced/single ended amp that the DX200 comes with the DX200 is very quiet with a very good signal to noise ratio as can be seen by the measurements.
Thank you, this perspective sounds exciting. Sometimes I prefer a good single ended amp over balanced : it was clearly the case between the Minibox and balanced amp of the Hifiman 901.

Dec 26, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #1,797 of 22,021

never heard it. But almost everyone saying, that LPG is one of the best sounding DAPs ever

Maybe LPG is not exactly friendly with sensitive IEMs or easy on your wallet, but if you think that your smartphone has higher resolution, better transparency, improved dynamics, and more expanded soundstage than LPG, I'm not quite sure what you are doing in DX200 thread
biggrin.gif
  Because once DX200 is available, I'm certain you will still find your smartphone to sound better than DX200, LPG, Opus#2, NW-WM1Z, AK380CU/SS, etc
wink.gif

Dec 26, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #1,799 of 22,021
Maybe LPG is not exactly friendly with sensitive IEMs or easy on your wallet, but if you think that your smartphone has higher resolution, better transparency, improved dynamics, and more expanded soundstage than LPG, I'm not quite sure what you are doing in DX200 thread :D   Because once DX200 is available, I'm certain you will still find your smartphone to sound better than DX200, LPG, Opus#2, NW-WM1Z, AK380CU/SS, etc :wink:

Oh I'm just curious about the new DX200, at least it's not a overrated 1990s style product like LPG. And TBH it's not that hard to my wallet, consider it doesn't even cost as much as one of my vintage Pioneer in my garage right now. However I doubt I will spend that much money on a product like LPG, throwing money out of window isn't my habit.

Dec 26, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #1,800 of 22,021
I don't know if this is the first time or what but I agreed with everything he said. If someone is happy with any smartphone and any IEMs then more power to that person. My phone + Mojo is starting to get  bulky for me already. That's why I'm here and waiting for the DX200. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back