DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 28, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #1,217 of 22,021
Now I'm Really impatient ha ha.

Well, at least I wish I could get a New Year Promotion from local shop. 
devil_face.gif

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #1,218 of 22,021
$1000 would be too much for me particularly with the state of pound sterling ( brexit schmexit:triumph:)

I'll hang on to my dx100 and onkyo dx1. My dx100 cost £550. Will the dx200 really be twice as good?

Here, in Russia, we have Putin -schmutin, and his "stability"- word they often saying from TV to drop dust in your eye. In real life these "stability" means that whole country earns 300 bucks per month on any job :D

Nov 30, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #1,219 of 22,021
At roughly $1000 for the DX200, it better have a magic wand supplied in the box, otherwise it's too expensive for me.

I'll wait for the FiiO X5 3rd gen < I anticipate this will be in the pro league audiowise, and it will be upgraded with enough power to drive an HD600, and the new DAC will undoubtedly kick-ass, and all for a much lower price than the DX200.

Recently I did an extensive A/B listening test with the $99 FiiO X1 2nd-gen against the $600 Astell-&-Kerns AK70 - I was prepared to buy the AK70 if it proved to be awesome, but the FiiO kicked the AK70's ass, so cost is not always the best indicator of audio performance.

Just because the FiiO X1 2nd-gen is cheap, doesn't mean it has poor sound, it's cheap because it doesn't play DSD files, and has no built-in memory, and can't drive big ohm headphones, and can't be used as a DAC for PC or Mac, but I have verified that the sound is gorgeous, it's clear, full-bodied, sonically balanced, and with good detail and a wide soundstage.

I don't mind spending money on a higher priced DAP, but not $1000! < that's excessive IMO!

Since the FiiO X1 performs so well, then I anticipate the FiiO X5 3rd-gen (when it is released) is sure to be a winner, and it might even rival the DX200 or better it, no one is in a position to say otherwise, because we all know the FiiO X5 series has an excellent reputation and has proven itself. 

Don't get me wrong, I was very keen on the DX200, and I expect that the DX200 will be phenomenal, and I was wanting to purchase it, but cost can be prohibitive for some of us, and if money was no issue, I'd definitely purchase the DX200, but some of us can't afford, so now I'll have to look elsewhere. Regardless, I expect the FiiO X5 3rd-gen will be no slouch. Some of us don't have unlimited funds to dispose of recklessly, just how it is.

Nov 30, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #1,220 of 22,021
totally do not like to see ibasso pricing dx200 at 900 USD or above 600 USD

well onkyo, pioneer, cowon , all are priced within 500-700 USD

good luck ibasso if you price the dx200 for 1000 usd

not for me and I will never ever buy a dap that costs above 700 USD. As I had my share of expensive daps that I sold because i could not find them any better than a dap that costs 550 USD

well i think ibasso then want to be the new AK , and good luck with that

Hail fiio, and all others that keep things real

Nov 30, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #1,221 of 22,021
Hmmm with the pricing of things, its all relative. It's what someone can justify to themselves. That's why we have choice I suppose. I understand the expensive comments etc but for that expense you'll have to evaluate the performance you get. Obviously diminishing returns plays a part, with the price you'll account for build quality, battery life, features, sound quality etc. If it all stacks up then price can seem excessive or good value.

Im interested to see a few reviews etc before i consider it too expensive or priced right for me.

Hypothetically, it may be the greatest sounding audio device the world is going to hear for the next 5 years, with astounding build quality etc. Is $1000 really too much still to have the greatest there is? Becomes easier to justify the purchase.

Its all relative, fiio seem to put out some awesome value products that make it more accessible for the bigger majority of the market to enjoy. I will keep an eye on the 3rd gen x5 also, cheers!

Nov 30, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #1,222 of 22,021

I don't mind spending money on a higher priced DAP, but not $1000 < that's excessive IMO! Since the FiiO X1 performs so well, then I anticipate that the X5 3rd-gen (when it is released) is sure to be a winner, and it might even rival the DX200 or better it, no one is in a position to say otherwise because we all know the FiiO X5 series has a very good reputation. 

Fiio X7 is Fiio's flagship DAP. DX200 will be Ibasso's new flagship.
Comparing the future X5 iii with DX200 is kind of irrelevant, it would rather compare with DX80 on the same price range.
Don't forget the DX120 btw.
Fiio is the champion of bang for the buck audiophile daps, don't expect other reputed companies to release daps priced as low as Fiio on the market.

There are many high end daps above $1000, it isn't shocking nowadays.
Same as you, I won't probably buy a DAP priced above $1000 but I had the chance to try many of them. Always curious to hear what they can deliver.
I agree the $1000 mark is huge, but everyone buys what they think they want. It's a wide market.

If I'm not mistaken, we are not here on AK daps thread, where half of posts are complaints of people about the price without hearing it.
No here, it isn't released yet that we've already started complaining about an unknown price.
If it is slightly more expensive than DX100 as announced, then it would be logical and still less expensive than other high end daps.
I trust Ibasso not to overprice it as they've done so far.

Me? Waiting in line to have all the info before making my opinion.

Ibasso, please don't make the announcement on December 31st, the last day of 2016 
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #1,224 of 22,021
You guys are complaining about a 1k DAP ? Sony and AK are into 3k stuff...lol

Please.... don't use Sony and AK B$ pricing to justify other companies' pricing. Their B$ is their B$
beerchug.gif

It will be interesting to see how iBasso justify charging more than Cowon, Onkyo, Pioneer, Fiio.

FWIW, I do anticipate the DX200 SQ being very good, but I have to concede that the slickness of the interface is something they will need to 90% match, or they will come under fire, even if the SQ is good.

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #1,227 of 22,021
  totally do not like to see ibasso pricing dx200 at 900 USD or above 600 USD

well onkyo, pioneer, cowon , all are priced within 500-700 USD

good luck ibasso if you price the dx200 for 1000 usd

not for me and I will never ever buy a dap that costs above 700 USD. As I had my share of expensive daps that I sold because i could not find them any better than a dap that costs 550 USD

well i think ibasso then want to be the new AK , and good luck with that

Hail fiio, and all others that keep things real

All-up the "iPhone 6S Plus" officially costs Apple $245 to manufacture all-up, components, manufacturing, shipping, everything, and look how much Apple sells it for.

The high-end DACs in these DAP players only cost around $20 < and those are the best ones. All the other components are not very expensive either. Many times the price is based on what the company deems 'customer perception' and their target market, the cost is not always representative of performance. Implementation is the key. 

Truly, I did an A/B (back-&-forth - back-&-forth) with the FiiO X5 2nd-gen and a $40,000 boutique standalone desktop DAC/Amp, and I tell you honestly, from what I could hear the X5 2nd-gen was superb, every bit as good as the desktop unit. The X5 2nd-gen had clarity, neutral tone, and a nice detailed balanced sound-signature, it was already good enough that anything else was merely a 'slightly different' sound, but better or worse no one could say, but as God is witness, I tell you the truth, I preferred the FiiO X5 2nd-gen, it wasn't just amateur personal preference, I was absolutely convinced that the FiiO X5 was slightly better. I was using an HD650 for the listening test. 

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #1,228 of 22,021
I'll pay $1k for a DAP that has everything I need, good SQ and a good design. The DX200 was looking like it'd be that DAP until I was going through old posts and read the USB connection was on top. I'm going to wait for the final design, maybe they implemented it well but if not then I'll move on. I can't stand poor design decisions, Calyx M and its volume slider comes to mind.

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #1,230 of 22,021
maybe they implemented it well but if not then I'll move on. I can't stand poor design decisions

+1

Very annoying how teams of engineers and designers manage to lose sight of interface logic and hardware design, I find it irksome and annoying, especially because the design is set in stone. They need to use their brain, otherwise the product sucks for all concerned, especially the expensive ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back