DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 14, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #136 of 22,021

Hope it has balanced output.

I actually just read a post that indicates DX200 will have balanced output.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/786443/ibasso-dx80-impressions-and-reviews-and-discussion-new-fw-1-2-1-link-1st-page/2025#post_12251089

Assuming that it will have different amp modules (judging by the renderings/prototype pictures), that wasn't a too big surprise.

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #137 of 22,021
Once it happen. I would like to see comparison among ONKYO DP-X1, DX200 and Fiio X7 so much.

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #138 of 22,021
Jan 16, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #139 of 22,021
It looks so much better than the AK design, and yes it resembles it to a degree... It looks  down right sick !!! 2nd design for me :D
Would be nice when ordering for each person to choose one of the 3 designs... This would make everyone happy ^^.

Jan 17, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #142 of 22,021
Heheh!

Pleased to see DX200 finally happening
beerchug.gif
  (www.head-fi.org/t/697035/dx90-2x-sabre-1st-page-downloads-info-inst-lurker0-fw-mod-link-1st-page-new-fw-2-3-0/465#post_10141153)

@Paul iBasso:  please don't feel like you need to copy A&K chassis design

1. Please include proper hardware control buttons so that we don't have to use the touchscreen, in order to control it (I hated this aspect of the DX100)
  2. Please don't make the mistakes in the placement of the buttons, like Fiio X7, Calyx-M, Opus#1, and others. The buttons should feel different to each other, so that users can easily feel which button is the desired one, without looking at it, and the buttons should not be in the same place on both sides of the DAP, so that trying to press a button forces users to accidentally squeeze another button on the other side of the DAP, at the same time. These are stupid, stupid, ergonomic mistakes that are so easy to avoid.
  3. MUST have 2 card slots, but this doesn't have to be microSD - could also be fullsize SD 
    rolleyes.gif
      (but microSD is OK)
  4. No silly 8hr battery life, please!!  (unless the battery is quick-swappable)
  5. Please include a firmware function to create multiple playlists on the DAP, without needing a computer.

I see, already, that you will probably have 2 card slots, and that is a very, very good thing! ( www.head-fi.org/t/790462/new-cowon-plenue-s/60#post_12258721 )

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #143 of 22,021
Great stuff, I hope I can afford whatever the final price point is. 

The DX90 I was finally able to save up for is my favorite piece of audio gear that I own. I'm 58, disabled and living on Social Security and the 90 with the Sabre chip was a product I waited on for years unfortunately. I heard a Sabre DAC right when they came out and instantly fell in love with the sound (some people actually think you can't hear a difference in chips-I feel bad them, they are really missing out).

I had to wait so long because of purely financial reasons, I'm not whining, complaining or anything else about my situation, I'm a long time musician and artist and the beauty of art/music is the beauty of art/music!!! I can still hear it and see it so finances have no real bearing on it for me but just remember folks some of us love the price point of a DX90 because thats as high as we can go...LOL!!!!!

The DX200 looks great so far and I'm sure will sound incredible, but please don't eliminate the DX90 price range from future consideration of implementing the use of the Sabre chip.......some of us just can't get to $1000 for a DAP even though we'd jump on it if we had it (moneywise). 

Just wanted to remind my iBasso friends to try and keep the DX90 price point alive....so folks like myself can smile as broadly as others do with a bigger slice of the pie.......

Just sayin.....
not whining!

Saving for the DX200 has started now.....!!!!!

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #144 of 22,021
  Great stuff, I hope I can afford whatever the final price point is. 

The DX90 I was finally able to save up for is my favorite piece of audio gear that I own. I'm 58, disabled and living on Social Security and the 90 with the Sabre chip was a product I waited on for years unfortunately. I heard a Sabre DAC right when they came out and instantly fell in love with the sound (some people actually think you can't hear a difference in chips-I feel bad them, they are really missing out).

I had to wait so long because of purely financial reasons, I'm not whining, complaining or anything else about my situation, I'm a long time musician and artist and the beauty of art/music is the beauty of art/music!!! I can still hear it and see it so finances have no real bearing on it for me but just remember folks some of us love the price point of a DX90 because thats as high as we can go...LOL!!!!!

The DX200 looks great so far and I'm sure will sound incredible, but please don't eliminate the DX90 price range from future consideration of implementing the use of the Sabre chip.......some of us just can't get to $1000 for a DAP even though we'd jump on it if we had it (moneywise). 

Just wanted to remind my iBasso friends to try and keep the DX90 price point alive....so folks like myself can smile as broadly as others do with a bigger slice of the pie.......

Just sayin.....
not whining!

Saving for the DX200 has started now.....!!!!!

We will always maintain a great bang for the buck. Music should be about joy not pain but life is also about contrasts.
smile.gif

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 20, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #145 of 22,021
  Heheh!

Pleased to see DX200 finally happening
beerchug.gif
  (www.head-fi.org/t/697035/dx90-2x-sabre-1st-page-downloads-info-inst-lurker0-fw-mod-link-1st-page-new-fw-2-3-0/465#post_10141153)

@Paul iBasso:  please don't feel like you need to copy A&K chassis design

1. Please include proper hardware control buttons so that we don't have to use the touchscreen, in order to control it (I hated this aspect of the DX100)
  2. Please don't make the mistakes in the placement of the buttons, like Fiio X7, Calyx-M, Opus#1, and others. The buttons should feel different to each other, so that users can easily feel which button is the desired one, without looking at it, and the buttons should not be in the same place on both sides of the DAP, so that trying to press a button forces users to accidentally squeeze another button on the other side of the DAP, at the same time. These are stupid, stupid, ergonomic mistakes that are so easy to avoid.
  3. MUST have 2 card slots, but this doesn't have to be microSD - could also be fullsize SD 
    rolleyes.gif
      (but microSD is OK)
  4. No silly 8hr battery life, please!!  (unless the battery is quick-swappable)
  5. Please include a firmware function to create multiple playlists on the DAP, without needing a computer.

I see, already, that you will probably have 2 card slots, and that is a very, very good thing! ( www.head-fi.org/t/790462/new-cowon-plenue-s/60#post_12258721 )

I passed along your suggestions. It will be micro cards, 2 of them.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 20, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #146 of 22,021
We will always maintain a great bang for the buck. Music should be about joy not pain but life is also about contrasts.
smile.gif

Don't have experience with either DX50/90/100, but judging by my experience with DX80 - it is still my top recommended DAP if you can stretch your budget to $350.  My guess is that DX200 price will be somewhere under $1k
wink.gif

Jan 21, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #147 of 22,021
Don't have experience with either DX50/90/100, but judging by my experience with DX80 - it is still my top recommended DAP if you can stretch your budget to $350.  My guess is that DX200 price will be somewhere under $1k :wink:

I agree with you Twister.. I actually like the fact that they want to consolidate their line up to a 2 tier line up. When you have a moderately priced DAP that can satisfy a good amount of customers with the DX80, and get them into the hobby of Hi-Res audio.. Then when they are ready to step up into the big leagues, graduate to the DX200 at $700 - $1,000. It's a very satisfying jump to that next plateau of players.
Whereas Fiio is taking the Samsung route.. Throw a bunch of Spaghetti on the wall and see what sticks.. Lol.. Don't get me wrong. I like Fiio and all their products, but I just feel there is a lot of overlap. X1 & X3i then X3ii, and X5i then X5ii.. Each only about $50 to $100 difference. To most consumers, that's probably all going to pop up on a price comparison match up.

Jan 29, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #150 of 22,021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back