DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 1, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #1,278 of 22,021
  will ibasso support rooting as rooting and v4a are important to many bass head users, as all stock players have issues with having a bad eq and dsp, especially i tried dx 100 and dx80 and the stock player its eq was terrible. Those companies that make android based daps should consider having neutron having access to the dac and also support rooting to get v4a peroid, otherwise why go the android route

It won't be up to iBasso, Android folk won't allow it.

@ Paul:

Apparently, the best player in the world only plays .wav files, and only accepts 16gb max memory cards, so I hope the DX200 will also only accept 16gb expansion and play no file formats other than .wav

Oh, and if you could possibly make the touchscreen completely blank, so we cannot visually navigate the music files, that would be much appreciated, too.

Thankyou!
wink_face.gif

What do you think iBasso's software people are spending 1000's of hours on? It takes time to make a touchscreen completely blank.
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 1, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #1,279 of 22,021
I wasn't pointing you at, my apologies if I came across in a negative way. I just wanted to state the painfully obvious, that's all.

I certainly am for lower prices, and don't agree with the pricing scheme of AK, but there has to be a fair price point somewhere. I think Ibasso tries to price fairly, while still maintaining a profit.

As far as musicday, he's definitely not Charles, as funny as that is. He just loves his player and is more than welcome to be in this thread or any other thread, regardless of his love of the Tera Player. Not sure why it would be bad for him to be in another DAP thread while loving his Tera Player. I certain relate to the sentiment of his obsession with the TP, and it can be annoying at times, but the man loves his device. Nothing really wrong with that.

Although I am, as nearly everyone knows, a great fan of iBasso products, but I can honestly say that I also loved my Tera-Player. Foolishly, I sold it to fund some new purchases which are now gone.

Dec 2, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #1,280 of 22,021

What do you think iBasso's software people are spending 1000's of hours on? It takes time to make a touchscreen completely blank.
bigsmile_face.gif

Maybe they listened to the finished product and became mesmerized by it that they could not separate themselves from its beautiful sound. and so, they convinced themselves that once one of them conquered the device that they could release it to the public. And so, each member of iBasso spend thousands of hours fulfilling their duty of warlords trying to conquer the device and free their minds from its grasp.
This is my brilliant theory. 

Dec 2, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #1,281 of 22,021

bigsmile_face.gif

Maybe they listened to the finished product and became mesmerized by it that they could not separate themselves from its beautiful sound. and so, they convinced themselves that once one of them conquered the device that they could release it to the public. And so, each member of iBasso spend thousands of hours fulfilling their duty of warlords trying to conquer the device and free their minds from its grasp.
This is my brilliant theory. 

No, it's just that it takes more time to develop the firmware when they're using a blank screen, like the alleged 'world's best' DAP
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 2, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #1,282 of 22,021
It's good news that Ibasso is working hard to provide a silky-smooth software before release.
I just wish it to be stable, simple, logical and quick in use (snappy, low number of clicks for actions, quick turn on/off and micro sd scan).
Keep up the good work Ibasso!
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #1,283 of 22,021
It's good news that Ibasso is working hard to provide a silky-smooth software before release.
I just wish it to be stable, simple, logical and quick in use (snappy, low number of clicks for actions, quick turn on/off and micro sd scan).
Keep up the good work Ibasso!
:popcorn: :popcorn:  

I would expect it be more stable if they passed 10 additional units to Head-fi regular users for beta testing? I used to be a beta-tester for Tag McLaren hi-fi and found it fascinating. Maybe they do and I just don't know it!

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #1,285 of 22,021
@ Paul:

Since there's not much you can tell us about the DX200, at this point in time, can you tell us a bit more about the DX120, please?

Is the DX120 likely to match the DX200 in terms of SQ, or will it be half a tier lower than the DX200, in terms of SQ?

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #1,286 of 22,021
@ Paul:

Since there's not much you can tell us about the DX200, at this point in time, can you tell us a bit more about the DX120, please?

Is the DX120 likely to match the DX200 in terms of SQ, or will it be half a tier lower than the DX200, in terms of SQ?

Three fifths of performance judging by numbering :)

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #1,287 of 22,021

@ Paul:

Three fifths of performance judging by numbering :)

Yeah, but I'm making allowances for a big reduction in features. Personally, I'd find a basic-featured DAP, with equivalent SQ, at lower cost, quite appealing.

I don't care about streaming, bluetooth, wi-fi, etc.

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #1,289 of 22,021
Yeah, but I'm making allowances for a big reduction in features. Personally, I'd find a basic-featured DAP, with equivalent SQ, at lower cost, quite appealing.

I don't care about streaming, bluetooth, wi-fi, etc.

+1
Pure dap with ultimate sound, that beats above it's price, and powerful amp to drive variety of cans. Touc hscreen and stable FW of cource.
Don't need any other tricks, that my smartphone can do better.

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #1,290 of 22,021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back