DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 19, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #11,911 of 22,021
Thanks for these pics, not to mention torturing me with descriptions of a sound signature that I can't have :wink:
I wanted to ask something about the photos; it looks like it's quite a glittery 'bling-bling' gold on the front (screen) side and the volume wheel.
But the reverse side seems to be a bit more dull (in a very good way!), with a gorgeous kind of patina.
Is it just the angles and light? Or which side would you say is more representative? :)

Your vision is so thorough. The back side is me adjusting the the angle and light to make picture more vintage.

It actually the bling bling gold like the front and side

Mar 19, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #11,912 of 22,021
IMG_20180319_185600.jpg FB_IMG_1521465781116.jpg

Mar 19, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #11,914 of 22,021
Your vision is so thorough. The back side is me adjusting the the angle and light to make picture more vintage.

It actually the bling bling gold like the front and side

Haha, thanks for clearing that up :D
I guess the gorgeous vintage dull patina is maybe it's ultimate eventual destiny anyway lol.

I'm totally enchanted by your descriptions of the sound (as I'm sure many on this thread are too!).
I want it too! Maybe if I dip my DX200 in copper and gold and let it set, it might have some effect.
Apart from stopping all the physical buttons working :p

Mar 19, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #11,915 of 22,021
The Copper Gold is limited and not for sale so our wallet will be safe for now.

But not until iBasso come up with other material of its armor to be equipped.

I wonder if it will be Stainless Steel.

Mar 20, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #11,917 of 22,021
Ok. Here is my problem. Once I listened DX200 Gold plated Copper yesterday. Now I feel that all musics from other portable sources become so dull and not lively anymore. :cry:

Any advise?

Mar 20, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #11,919 of 22,021
Hey guys, I have two persistent bugs with MangoOS. These bugs have been persistent for a long time regardless of firmware version. I have the current version of Lurker's firmware 2.8.198-LO installed, but again these problems have been happening for at least the last 6 months of firmware updates.

First is what I call the Genre bug, which is that when you navigate with Genre's (which is my preferred way of organizing music), the artist will disappear once you go into their screen. They remain gone until I navigate to the root genre screen. I have made a video linked below that shows this bug in action. It happens regardless of what file type I am using or how the tracks are tagged. I've tested it with MP3, Flac and DSD.

The second bug is when I start to play a DSD album many times the first track starts with crackles, drop out or pops for the first 30 seconds or so.

Anyone else have these issues, and will there be fixes? Posting here to bring attention to the bugs, hopefully Paul will see it.

Mar 20, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #11,923 of 22,021
This time I got stuck when getting to device manager but it did not recognize the unknown device
OK, now it is more understandable. So, you used a PC that previously performed the task, you have connected DX200 with Play button held down, tried to install the drivers for the new device, but Windows didn't find suitable drivers at the path you provided. Right?

Could you please tell me VID/PID of this unknown device? "Hardware Ids" at the Details tab.

Mar 20, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #11,924 of 22,021
OK, now it is more understandable. So, you used a PC that previously performed the task, you have connected DX200 with Play button held down, tried to install the drivers for the new device, but Windows didn't find suitable drivers at the path you provided. Right?

Could you please tell me VID/PID of this unknown device? "Hardware Ids" at the Details tab.

Where do you find VID/PID of this unknown device? What is “hardware ids” at the details tab? All these on PC or DX200?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back