DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 7, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #11,761 of 22,021
Would you please send us the link? I went to their shop on FB there was no Amp4 or ibasso products???
I couldn't see it either so I messaged them through FB, and is how the whole transaction went through (they send a PayPal invoice when ready).

Mar 7, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #11,765 of 22,021
If I understand correctly, there are some issues about the fit of the Pentaconn connection on amp4.
(the one where people have to place a washer on the plug to get the right fit)
Someone on the forum fixid this issue by changing the connector inside Amp4
Would't it be a good opportunity for Ibasso to change this in the next batch?

It's not a big deal at all. Certainly not a big enough deal to stop production and change things around. I find it interesting how certain things get blown over the top and important things get pushed aside.

As an aside, the new LCD2's sound amazing with the AMP4 module! These sound better than my old ones, which were in sore need of some loving and a tune up...

Mar 8, 2018 at 1:12 AM Post #11,766 of 22,021
I assume you mean "horrible" due to its size, rather than color? Because, I have a feeling that gold color scheme of CA02 has probably something to do with this :wink:, though I could be wrong

In terms of the size, it's no different than other adapters that cost 5x-6x more like this EA adapter

Correct assumption. I meant the size, not the color. Not sure though if the color is made to match the player on the picture.....

It's not a big deal at all. Certainly not a big enough deal to stop production and change things around. I find it interesting how certain things get blown over the top and important things get pushed aside.

Maybe its not a big deal to you. But opinions may differ.
Same counts for the line between "important things" and 'blowing things over the top"

For me personally; I am pretty unhappy if I pay 200 euro's for the amp2 and 150 on a cable, to find out the two don't make a proper connection.
To others: (like my wife, and maybe yours too:beerchug:) guys always wanting new audio gear, in search for the best sound, and then reading and writing about it a a forum, is WAY over the top

Happy listening!

Mar 8, 2018 at 4:54 AM Post #11,767 of 22,021
My dx200 is out for delivery today... Come on fedex get this thing delivered

Mar 8, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #11,768 of 22,021
Correct assumption. I meant the size, not the color. Not sure though if the color is made to match the player on the picture.....

Maybe its not a big deal to you. But opinions may differ.
Same counts for the line between "important things" and 'blowing things over the top"

LOL really? This qualifies as an "Important thing"?

For me personally; I am pretty unhappy if I pay 200 euro's for the amp2 and 150 on a cable, to find out the two don't make a proper connection.
To others: (like my wife, and maybe yours too:beerchug:) guys always wanting new audio gear, in search for the best sound, and then reading and writing about it a a forum, is WAY over the top

Why didn't you get the $150 balanced cable terminated in 4.4mm then? That's what is needed for AMP4. Don't take my post out of context, my post was in relation to what you said about changing up production because some people had a "fit" issue with the pentacon connector. There is not a problem with "proper connection" that I've seen. Even if one has to put very thin piece of paper around the base of the plug, a plug which costs $15 USD instead of the $50+ other manufacturers are charging.

You could always just buy a different plug you know

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #11,769 of 22,021
LOL really? This qualifies as an "Important thing"?

Why didn't you get the $150 balanced cable terminated in 4.4mm then? That's what is needed for AMP4. Don't take my post out of context, my post was in relation to what you said about changing up production because some people had a "fit" issue with the pentacon connector. There is not a problem with "proper connection" that I've seen. Even if one has to put very thin piece of paper around the base of the plug, a plug which costs $15 USD instead of the $50+ other manufacturers are charging.

You could always just buy a different plug you know

Never mind.

Be careful not to damage your keyboard

Mar 8, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #11,770 of 22,021
got my dx200 tonight lets hope this has been worth the blood sweat and tears.. :)

Mar 8, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #11,772 of 22,021
Good luck and be patient when updating the Lurker0 FW.:triportsad:

what I don't even know how to update the normal firmware yet let alone someone elses..lol

Mar 8, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #11,774 of 22,021
what I don't even know how to update the normal firmware yet let alone someone elses..lol
haha.

I was just going to write. Next up...how do I update the firmware?

There is a wee guide on the first page, inside the file you download to your computer and one in my review.

Short story.

Download from iBasso site.
Dont use this file! Unzip the file.
Use the file inside - and put in the root of your DX200 memory card(?)
Update.

Common mistake is not to unzip the first file.

:wink:

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #11,775 of 22,021
Excellent advice as always ExPat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back