DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 16, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #11,312 of 22,021
Get AMP3 for 2.5mm Balanced, and AMP5 for best SE experience.
I just received the Amp5 and cannot believe the improvements in soundstage, dynamics and timbre I hear. It turns my CA Orion into an Andromeda!!! The improved battery run-time will be a welcome bonus.

Feb 16, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #11,314 of 22,021
Feb 16, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #11,315 of 22,021
Hi guys
I am trying to work out how to get Lurker firmware on to my 200 so I can get google play on there and therefore a few other apps
I have read and re read the instructions but I am not good with all of this and would love some clarification.
I have downloaded the zip file DX200FirmwareV2.8.198-L0-rkflashtool (2) to my PC. I have extracted this on to my PC so the fiLe is ready to be out on to my DX200.
Then I look at how to install this and I get totally confused........Do i have to install a batch tool to my 200 also. I have looked at the guide and it talks abiut restarting my computer. Not sure why I have to restart my computer. Are the tools put on to my Computer or the 200?
Is there anywhere I can find an easy to follow guide on how to get the Lurker firmware on.
I really need some help with this as been battling with it for 3 days now

Feb 16, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #11,316 of 22,021
Hi guys
I am trying to work out how to get Lurker firmware on to my 200 so I can get google play on there and therefore a few other apps
I have read and re read the instructions but I am not good with all of this and would love some clarification.
I have downloaded the zip file DX200FirmwareV2.8.198-L0-rkflashtool (2) to my PC. I have extracted this on to my PC so the fiLe is ready to be out on to my DX200.
Then I look at how to install this and I get totally confused........Do i have to install a batch tool to my 200 also. I have looked at the guide and it talks abiut restarting my computer. Not sure why I have to restart my computer. Are the tools put on to my Computer or the 200?
Is there anywhere I can find an easy to follow guide on how to get the Lurker firmware on.
I really need some help with this as been battling with it for 3 days now
Here is a word document that comes with the Rockchip Factory Tool that will answer all of your questions, I think.

Attachments

• DX200 batch tool instruction.doc
    482.5 KB · Views: 0
Feb 16, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #11,317 of 22,021
Here is a word document that comes with the Rockchip Factory Tool that will answer all of your questions, I think.

Did you attach it? Nothing there

Feb 16, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #11,318 of 22,021
Did you attach it? Nothing there
Yes I attached it. Hmmm they must block word documents. Here is the same document but in the body of my post.....

1. Make sure you have the latest firmware ready.

2. Open the device manager on the computer.

3. Power off the DX200.

4. Connect one end of the type-C USB cable to the computer.

5. Press and hold the Play/Pause button, then insert the other end of the type-C USB cable (type-C plug) to the DX200, release the Play/Pause button after the DX200 is recognized as an unknown device, as shown on the following picture.

rockchip1.png

6. Right click the unknown device, and left click the first option to start the driver installation.

7. Press the second option to manually install the driver.

rockchip2.png

8. Navigate to the driver folder. Select driver from X86 folder if your computer is 32bit OS. Select driver from X64 folder is your computer is 64bit OS.

rockchip3.png

9. Restart your computer after driver is installed.

10. Launch the batch tool.

rockchip4.jpg

11. As shown on the above picture, click button 1 to select language.

12. click button 2 to add the firmware.

13. Press and hold the Play/Pause, and connect the DX200 to the computer again. Release the Play/Pause after you see the area 3 turns to blue color, and the device type will show “loader”.

14. Press button 4 to start the firmware update.

15. Wait until the installation is complete and the DX200 restarts

Feb 16, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #11,319 of 22,021
I really appreciate the time you have taken to help me.
I have those instructions now, but to me they are still unclear.
Point 1 ....which latest firmware, the one I have mentioned above. Do I have to extract this to my PC first as its a zip file.
7 If I have this on my desktop will this be easier?
8 I have windows 10 is this 64 bit?
9 Why do I have to restart my lap top? ........surely this is going on to my 200??
10 What is the batch tool I am supposed to be launching?

My apologies I am not dumb by any means but I am 54 and all of this PC talk I dont understand at all.

I was determined to get this sorted as the 200 may have to go for a proper android DAP if I cant do this.....but part of me thinks this is way over my head.

When i first got the 200 I manged to get the tidal app on by taking some guidance but this was very straighforward

Feb 16, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #11,320 of 22,021
I really appreciate the time you have taken to help me.
I have those instructions now, but to me they are still unclear.
Point 1 ....which latest firmware, the one I have mentioned above. Do I have to extract this to my PC first as its a zip file.
7 If I have this on my desktop will this be easier?
8 I have windows 10 is this 64 bit?
9 Why do I have to restart my lap top? ........surely this is going on to my 200??
10 What is the batch tool I am supposed to be launching?

My apologies I am not dumb by any means but I am 54 and all of this PC talk I dont understand at all.

I was determined to get this sorted as the 200 may have to go for a proper android DAP if I cant do this.....but part of me thinks this is way over my head.

When i first got the 200 I manged to get the tidal app on by taking some guidance but this was very straighforward
1) Click Here for the latest firmware. Yes. You should have a .img file to upload.
7) It doesn't matter. Just remember where it is.
8) It will work with 64bit Windows 10.
9) Because you installed USB drivers for DX200. Windows needs to know that your DX200 is there and have the correct instructions to talk with the DX200. It's best to reboot windows after a driver install.
10) Click Here to download the tool. You will need to unzip it to use it.

Feb 16, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #11,322 of 22,021
1) Click Here for the latest firmware. Yes. You should have a .img file to upload.
9) Because you installed USB drivers for DX200. Windows needs to know that your DX200 is there and have the correct instructions to talk with the DX200. It's best to reboot windows after a driver install.

Thanks so much for the help.
I think I am ready to attempt this, but not sure I have an .img file. I have unzipped the folder and it says it is a disc image file??
I may have difficulties with doing this too as for some reason my 200 does not always connect to my lap top....sometimes i have to plug in the USB cable about 10 or 20 times :smile_phones:

Feb 16, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #11,323 of 22,021
Thanks so much for the help.
I think I am ready to attempt this, but not sure I have an .img file. I have unzipped the folder and it says it is a disc image file??
I may have difficulties with doing this too as for some reason my 200 does not always connect to my lap top....sometimes i have to plug in the USB cable about 10 or 20 times :smile_phones:
Get a new USB C cable.

Feb 16, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #11,324 of 22,021

Thank you so much. You have managed to guide me through this successfully. I could not have done this without your help.
So I have a google account now and I have downloaded Qobuz, Tidal, Audible and Iplayer to the 200.

I am hoping that I wont have to ever do this again.:dt880smile:

Feb 16, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #11,325 of 22,021
Thank you so much. You have managed to guide me through this successfully. I could not have done this without your help.
So I have a google account now and I have downloaded Qobuz, Tidal, Audible and Iplayer to the 200.

I am hoping that I wont have to ever do this again.:dt880smile:
Your welcome. Glad to be of help. :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back