DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 5, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #11,101 of 22,021
Thanks,
How is the difference compare to the original case? Is it still thicker?

With or without the mod, original iBasso case is still slimmer, but Miter case quality is superior. I especially like covered and indented hw playback buttons and easy access to volume wheel from the front and the back.

Feb 5, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #11,102 of 22,021
Even in it'a original form, I like the miter case much more than the stock case. The black leather of the Miter case just looks and feels 10 times better...
With or without the mod, original iBasso case is still slimmer, but Miter case quality is superior. I especially like covered and indented hw playback buttons and easy access to volume wheel from the front and the back.

Thank you both!
I might pull the plug on the miter case.

Feb 5, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #11,103 of 22,021
Miter case is definitely nicer than the ugly iBasso brown case. And I find no reason to modify the Miter. It provides a good grip and heft to the DX200, imo.

Feb 6, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #11,104 of 22,021
Before:

And after:

The backpanel with a kickstand was glued on, so I carefully peeled it off, cut out the inner part, and superglued back the backpanel part.

That's interesting. I didn't think to do that.

As for the case itself, I only have to say that as long as the Miter case is black and the iBasso one is not black, I'd take the Miter one simply because I like black color more.

This being said, both are nice cases and will do their job, it is nice that iBasso includes a high-quality case with their DAPs. Adds some premium to the package. Miter is just even better, doesn't make iBasso's own case bad :dt880smile:

Feb 6, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #11,105 of 22,021
Now I think the most concern is about any case + AMP4... Does anyone find it annoys when plug-in, a 4.4 mm plug nips a case?

Feb 6, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #11,106 of 22,021
Of course, don't turn DSP, Equalizer, Fader, Replay Gain, Normalization on: they all presume signal processing.

In the Audio Hardware, be sure the following options are turned off:
- DSP Effect (Device)
- Mono
- Dither
- Phase Inversion
- Subsonic Filter
- Ultrasonic Filter
- Reverse Stereo
- 32-bit Output (IEEE 754)
- High Latency (OpenSL ES)

Turn on:
- Hardware Gain
- Audio Focus
- CPU Wake Lock
- Generic Driver
- Follow Source Frequency

For Direct USB Driver and DSD over PCM (DoP) - it depends on how (and do you) listen DSD tracks: on for USB Audio, off for Generic Driver.

Am I correct in thinking that the information above is outdated? I suspect that instead of turning "Generic Driver" ON, which doesn't exist - that one should turn "Direct USB Driver" OFF instead. Furthermore the DSD64-in-DoP.flac test file produces no sound if "64-Bit Processing" is not turned ON. I guess that I have Neutron Music Player 1.99.0-ARM64 as I have not yet found a way to see the version number in the App itself.

The result then is amazing... :)

Also, the Neutron web site has five different versions of the Neutron Music Player. I simply downloaded the default from Google Play. I am using the DX200 with 2.8.198-L0 firmware from Lurker00. Which would be the most suitable version to download?

Feb 6, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #11,107 of 22,021
Can't wait to received it early next week :)

Surprised to see amp4 is discontinued, not sure I understand why... 4.4 connector is the future... anyway I am sooo glad I ordered amp4 right away when it was out. I did notice AMP3 and AMP5 were the only one listed when I ordered AMP5, it was puzzling but I never understood that as other models being discontinued. AMP2 being replaced with AMP5 makes sense.

Only explanation, AMP6 is on the way and replace AMP4 ?
I also thought that AMP4 is discontinued but then iBasso replied quickly saying it's only out-of-stock. It's confusing when they remove it from their web site completely. However, I see that advancedmp3players.co.uk expects their next order to arrive 16th March 2018. I ordered mine with them this year and I'm VERY happy with my AMP4.

Feb 6, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #11,108 of 22,021
I also thought that AMP4 is discontinued but then iBasso replied quickly saying it's only out-of-stock. It's confusing when they remove it from their web site completely. However, I see that advancedmp3players.co.uk expects their next order to arrive 16th March 2018. I ordered mine with them this year and I'm VERY happy with my AMP4.
Yep, weird how it’s in their discontinued list of items. I recently ordered one from Amp3players, just got to wait now, thought I’d missed out on Amp 4 and now I’ll have one in March. Happy Days

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #11,109 of 22,021
Yep, weird how it’s in their discontinued list of items. I recently ordered one from Amp3players, just got to wait now, thought I’d missed out on Amp 4 and now I’ll have one in March. Happy Days
I ordered an AMP4 from iBasso's site last weekend and they refunded it and let me know that it was sold out. I asked when do they expect to have more in stock and they replied with, "We don't have AMP4 production plan at this moment." Conflicts with Amp3players timeline so not sure what's going on with AMP4.

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #11,110 of 22,021
ibasso published a message in its Chinese official microblog saying that AMP4 is DISCONTINUED. So I'm actually surprised that the vendor will have a new batch coming in. If it'a true, either ibasso hears our prays and resumed the AMP4 production, or the vendor locates some old stocks from the previous limited run.

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #11,111 of 22,021
ibasso published a message in its Chinese official microblog saying that AMP4 is DISCONTINUED. So I'm actually surprised that the vendor will have a new batch coming in. If it'a true, either ibasso hears our prays and resumed the AMP4 production, or the vendor locates some old stocks from the previous limited run.
Think I’ll message Amp3players in the morning and see if it’s definitely on the cards. They’re pretty good at getting back to you and usually within an hour or so. Good company, I’ve always been impressed with their customer service.

Feb 6, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #11,112 of 22,021
Am I correct in thinking that the information above is outdated? I suspect that instead of turning "Generic Driver" ON, which doesn't exist - that one should turn "Direct USB Driver" OFF instead. Furthermore the DSD64-in-DoP.flac test file produces no sound if "64-Bit Processing" is not turned ON. I guess that I have Neutron Music Player 1.99.0-ARM64 as I have not yet found a way to see the version number in the App itself.

The result then is amazing... :)

Also, the Neutron web site has five different versions of the Neutron Music Player. I simply downloaded the default from Google Play. I am using the DX200 with 2.8.198-L0 firmware from Lurker00. Which would be the most suitable version to download?
There is a version specifically for the DX200

Feb 7, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #11,115 of 22,021
@jessnie : Could you take a picture when 4.4 mm. plug into, and a 4.4 mm. plug doesn't nip your miter case? From the aboved twister6's pictures, it should nip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back