DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 2, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #10,306 of 22,021
That is where Lurker0 custom firmware come in handy. I only use UAAP and Neutron on DX200. Makes the stock Firmware just an after thought.

Dec 2, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #10,307 of 22,021
USB C into USB B or Micro for USB transportation is possible, but it doesn’t work as flawlessly as the Coax, and you need modifications to the firmware. At least, install USB player Pro, or those that can play it

Thanks for sharing

Dec 2, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #10,308 of 22,021
Thanks for the typos, ill send them to Earphonia team to correct them.
And, yes i have eaten the highs part of the AMP4 comparison and yes, again :wink: you are correct, as i found the AMP4 less forward in Lows and in The Highs than the AMP3, this makes the mids take more space in the mix. The Lower treble on the AMP3 is a little more elevated than the AMP4, but its less thin than the treble on AMP1. Treble on AMP4 is the more on the smooth side, that makes the AMP4 a little less dynamic than the AMP3 and less faster in the transient response. Like a more relaxed, laid-back and holographic presentation.
Hope it helps!

I am really happy I ordered AMP4, this looks exactly like what I am looking for, stupid me I forgot to get the 4.4 to 2.5 adapter for other headphones... sigh

Dec 2, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #10,309 of 22,021
I am really happy I ordered AMP4, this looks exactly like what I am looking for, stupid me I forgot to get the 4.4 to 2.5 adapter for other headphones... sigh

Happy to help, David!

I think either AMP3 or AMP4 are a must-have, depending on your preferences or convenience. They make the DX200 sound more engaging and full.

Dec 2, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #10,310 of 22,021
Hi all,

I got an issue with battery draining.
It started happening after I started using the SPDIF out to connect to a desktop system.
After I unplug the SPDIF cable from the dx200 to desktop setup, the red light inside the SPDIF port stays on. I assumed that it would turn off by itself. At that point it was at %100 battery. The next day the battery was %0.
The next day, after it was fully charged and using it with the desktop setup, I saw the red light again after plugging it out and this time turned the dx200 off. To my surprise, the next day the battery was %0 again.
Very disappointed :/

Anyone experienced a similar issue and has a solution?

Thank you

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #10,311 of 22,021
Hi all,

I got an issue with battery draining.
It started happening after I started using the SPDIF out to connect to a desktop system.
After I unplug the SPDIF cable from the dx200 to desktop setup, the red light inside the SPDIF port stays on. I assumed that it would turn off by itself. At that point it was at %100 battery. The next day the battery was %0.
The next day, after it was fully charged and using it with the desktop setup, I saw the red light again after plugging it out and this time turned the dx200 off. To my surprise, the next day the battery was %0 again.
Very disappointed :/

Anyone experienced a similar issue and has a solution?

Thank you
It sounds like the relay in the optical out is stuck. You are taking the optical cable out of the port of the DX200 and the red light inside stays on? But you also say that with the DX200 off it continues to drain and goes to zero. Have you tried a factory reset and a new firmware install?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 3, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #10,312 of 22,021
It sounds like the relay in the optical out is stuck. You are taking the optical cable out of the port of the DX200 and the red light inside stays on? But you also say that with the DX200 off it continues to drain and goes to zero. Have you tried a factory reset and a new firmware install?

Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes, the red light stays on after unplugging the SPDIF.
I am on the latest firmware.
After restarting the dx200, the SPDIF red light is off although it does turn on briefly while starting up and then goes off.
But the whole thing happens again if I use SPDIF.

It ran out of battery again over night. Charging it again now. SPDIF light is off. I'll see if the battery drains again with the light off.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #10,313 of 22,021
Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes, the red light stays on after unplugging the SPDIF.
I am on the latest firmware.
After restarting the dx200, the SPDIF red light is off although it does turn on briefly while starting up and then goes off.
But the whole thing happens again if I use SPDIF.

It ran out of battery again over night. Charging it again now. SPDIF light is off. I'll see if the battery drains again with the light off.
Please try a factory reset.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 3, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #10,314 of 22,021
I wanted to remind you how good of a device DX200 is, as recently a fellow audiophile from Bucharest asked me about a few devices, and I took DX200 with me to let him taste it. He was quite impressed by it and its abilities, from driving headphones by itself, to feeding a LO signal and even a digital signal to iDSD BL, DX200 is truly an amazing DAP!

My friend was amazed at how smooth the operation with DX200 is and at how good it is with details!~

Dec 3, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #10,316 of 22,021
Here it is, review and comparison of iBasso AMP3, AMP4, AMP5, along with CA01 and CA02 cable adapters: https://twister6.com/2017/12/01/ibasso-amp3-amp4-and-amp5-modules-for-dx200/

Thank you for the lovely review, Alex! :blush:

Thinking about the AMP2 or AMP5 now, not too sure cos Im primarily gonna use my single ended LAB01s with it. Any thoughts?

FWIW, the synergy of the AMP1 with the LAB01 is pretty good, as the LAB01s makes the whole signature smooth, lush and weighted

AMP5 might give you an excellent experience, but I don't know exactly how LAB01 sounds like, but it should fit like a glove with what you're looking for. But AMP5 might be a great pairing as well. I'm not sure if LAB01 might be a bit too low impedance for AMP5 :smile_phones:

Dec 3, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #10,317 of 22,021
AMP5 might give you an excellent experience, but I don't know exactly how LAB01 sounds like, but it should fit like a glove with what you're looking for. But AMP5 might be a great pairing as well. I'm not sure if LAB01 might be a bit too low impedance for AMP5 :smile_phones:

Thanks DG. Will continue on reading impressions from the community. As for now, AMP1 it is. Still very impressed with it, just wondering if AMP2 or AMP5 will be that much better in single ended mode.

Dec 3, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #10,318 of 22,021
Thanks DG. Will continue on reading impressions from the community. As for now, AMP1 it is. Still very impressed with it, just wondering if AMP2 or AMP5 will be that much better in single ended mode.

Brother Alex seemed quite enthused with AMP2 and AMP5, he might be able to provide best asnwer! @twister6

Dec 3, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #10,319 of 22,021
Brother Alex seemed quite enthused with AMP2 and AMP5, he might be able to provide best asnwer! @twister6

Yeah hope to get some feedback, Ive read his detailed reviews but I still am not sure which SE AMP to get. It might help if I describe the LAB01 sound as I am well aware the most important thing is synergy. The LAB01s has a dark-ish (depends on what its connected to), lush, weighty and natural tonality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back