DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 3, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #10,321 of 22,021
Neutron music app has an update for native DSD up to 512. :)
Thanks for that info. I am wondering what Neutron has over the stock Mango app. I honestly think Mango looks pretty good and use it exclusively with the DX200.
Any advantages that Neutron has over Mango that is worth mentioning? Any SQ inprovements? or issit mainly UI improvements?

Dec 3, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #10,322 of 22,021
Thanks for that info. I am wondering what Neutron has over the stock Mango app. I honestly think Mango looks pretty good and use it exclusively with the DX200.
Any advantages that Neutron has over Mango that is worth mentioning? Any SQ inprovements? or issit mainly UI improvements?

I can say 10+ reasons that neutron is way better than stock. For example

• how organized the album arranges,
  • can detect album cover better,
  • smoother UI
  • no laggy album cover appearance as you scroll down fast
  • not treat Japanese song as pinyin chinese
  • can use network playback (upnp, samba, ftp)
  • no spark sound when playing between different frequency
enough for me to choose neutron over stock.

Dec 3, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #10,323 of 22,021
I can say 10+ reasons that neutron is way better than stock. For example

• how organized the album arranges,
  • can detect album cover better,
  • smoother UI
  • no laggy album cover appearance as you scroll down fast
  • not treat Japanese song as pinyin chinese
  • can use network playback (upnp, samba, ftp)
  • no spark sound when playing between different frequency

hahah yeah that was extensive, so I gather mainly UI and performance improvements. Any SQ improvements that you ascertain?

Dec 3, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #10,324 of 22,021
hahah yeah that was extensive, so I gather mainly UI and performance improvements. Any SQ improvements that you ascertain?

I am not brave enough to say about SQ difference or take a full blind ABX Test on this. so I leave it to you to try for yourself. (There is free trial version available)
Also, even if I say it has difference, 'bits are/ aren't bits' discussion guys always comes up. and I will just like hey it is just hobby, guys :dizzy_face:

Dec 3, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #10,325 of 22,021
I am not brave enough to say about SQ difference or take a full blind ABX Test on this. so I leave it to you to try for yourself. (There is free trial version available)
Also, even if I say it has difference, 'bits are/ aren't bits' discussion guys always comes up. and I will just like hey it is just hobby, guys :dizzy_face:
AMEN to that that brother hahha.. I might buy neutron and if I dont see any night and day difference I will refund it back in the playstore. Whats the recommended settings for neutron which will optimise the experience with the DX200?

Dec 3, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #10,326 of 22,021
64 bit processing on
Replay gain off

Then inside audio hardware,
Dither off (some might like but I don't)
Ultrasonic filter off (same as dither, depends on you)
Generic Driver on
Follow source frequency on

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #10,327 of 22,021
Yeah hope to get some feedback, Ive read his detailed reviews but I still am not sure which SE AMP to get. It might help if I describe the LAB01 sound as I am well aware the most important thing is synergy. The LAB01s has a dark-ish (depends on what its connected to), lush, weighty and natural tonality.

Here is how I hear AMP2 vs AMP5:

AMP5 soundstage is a little wider, and I hear a little more body in the sound. I'm also hearing slightly deeper sub-bass rumble and less sparkle in AMP5 treble, though this could be dependent on a pair up synergy of DX200 with a sound sig of your particular headphones (I'm testing with TIA Trio). In general, AMP5 seems to be a little smoother in comparison to AMP2. Also, AMP5 has a blacker background which I credit to SNR spec of 117dB (AMP2) vs 121dB (AMP5), and that makes the sound with AMP5 to be a little tighter.

Dec 3, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #10,328 of 22,021
When will the CA02 (2.5mm to 4.4mm) adapter in Twister6's review be for sale? It's not on the iBasso site yet.

What is the expected price too? Effect Audio is ridiculous thinking they can charge $150 for their ultra-short adapter... Impact Audio's is still a bit much too...

Dec 3, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #10,330 of 22,021
Here is how I hear AMP2 vs AMP5:

AMP5 soundstage is a little wider, and I hear a little more body in the sound. I'm also hearing slightly deeper sub-bass rumble and less sparkle in AMP5 treble, though this could be dependent on a pair up synergy of DX200 with a sound sig of your particular headphones (I'm testing with TIA Trio). In general, AMP5 seems to be a little smoother in comparison to AMP2. Also, AMP5 has a blacker background which I credit to SNR spec of 117dB (AMP2) vs 121dB (AMP5), and that makes the sound with AMP5 to be a little tighter.
Thanks!! So it can be said that both AMP2 and AMP5 makes the overall sound more darker and smoother when compared to AMP1? If that is the case, then probably I will stick with AMP1 as the LAB01 already makes AMP1 sound full, weighty, smooth, lush and a tad dark

Dec 3, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #10,331 of 22,021
I can say 10+ reasons that neutron is way better than stock. ..

Agreed. However, I do wish there's a time when Neutron & Mango would engage in a night of debauchery resulting in the conception of a love child app. This offspring would possess the GUI of Mango along with the features/options contained in Neutron. Now that would be the perfect player for the DX200!

Dec 3, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #10,332 of 22,021
Thanks!! So it can be said that both AMP2 and AMP5 makes the overall sound more darker and smoother when compared to AMP1? If that is the case, then probably I will stick with AMP1 as the LAB01 already makes AMP1 sound full, weighty, smooth, lush and a tad dark

I wouldn't call it darker, but indeed smoother, warmer, with more body in comparison to more reference/brighter/colder AMP1.

Dec 3, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #10,333 of 22,021
Agreed. However, I do wish there's a time when Neutron & Mango would engage in a night of debauchery resulting in the conception of a love child app. This offspring would possess the GUI of Mango along with the features/options contained in Neutron. Now that would be the perfect player for the DX200!

"That is clearly a feature in our DX400" - Paul (not said)

Dec 3, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #10,334 of 22,021
When will the CA02 (2.5mm to 4.4mm) adapter in Twister6's review be for sale? It's not on the iBasso site yet.

What is the expected price too? Effect Audio is ridiculous thinking they can charge $150 for their ultra-short adapter... Impact Audio's is still a bit much too...

CA02 will be $15, and should be up on iBasso site next week. In all fairness, EA adapter is more transparent, but out of half a dozen of other 4.4mm adapters I tested, CA02 is second best after EA adapter and it cost 1/10th of the price :wink:

Dec 3, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #10,335 of 22,021
I wouldn't call it darker, but indeed smoother, warmer, with more body in comparison to more reference/brighter/colder AMP1.

Thanks, yeah I think probably will stick with AMP1 for now. Dont get me wrong, AMP1 sounds pretty awesome as is but I may want a change of scenery by changing the different AMPs of the DX200. What ever it is, the LAB01s will be the constant and everything else (DAPs, Amps, Cables) will either changed, moved or shifted to something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back