DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 21, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #8,896 of 22,021
To all the Tidal users, does anyone else get a glitch about .1 seconds or so into a new song when playing offline? I don't hear the sound when initially choosing a song, but when a song I'm listening to finishes and the following track starts, it glitches every time. What's so strange is that the transition between the songs is fine (i.e. gapless) but just a moment further into the song it glitches. It sounds like a file that hasn't buffered properly, yet I never have any kind of issue with the rest of the song and it only happens once per song.

All my Tidal offline files are saved to a class 10 MicroSDXC card configured as removable storage. I don't think speed is the issue, especially since I get this issue only near the beginning of songs. I've also made sure no other apps are running and wifi is completely off.

Any ideas?

Sep 21, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #8,897 of 22,021
To all the Tidal users, does anyone else get a glitch about .1 seconds or so into a new song when playing offline? I don't hear the sound when initially choosing a song, but when a song I'm listening to finishes and the following track starts, it glitches every time. What's so strange is that the transition between the songs is fine (i.e. gapless) but just a moment further into the song it glitches. It sounds like a file that hasn't buffered properly, yet I never have any kind of issue with the rest of the song and it only happens once per song.

All my Tidal offline files are saved to a class 10 MicroSDXC card configured as removable storage. I don't think speed is the issue, especially since I get this issue only near the beginning of songs. I've also made sure no other apps are running and wifi is completely off.

Any ideas?

No problem for me. I am using a Sandisk Class 10 card with 200Gb capacity.

Sep 21, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #8,899 of 22,021
So yesterday I played some DJ mixes I have. It's the first time since I've had my DX200 that I've played MP3 files. Damn the DX200 makes them sound like crap lol! Or rather, it makes all my lossless/hi rez/DSD tracks sound so awesome. But the difference between MP3 and lossless is night and day with the DX200.
You might as well be listening to 2 different sources of the same music. Not because it's lossless vs MP3.

Sep 21, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #8,900 of 22,021
Lurker, I might need some help here.

I’ve just installed your firmware build 2.5.141L1 on my DX200 yesterday.

The one issue that I experience is that the USB audio would, from time to time, detached by itself for reason unknown to me, if I interact with the music player, or, if I wake the display, while the music is playing to interact with the music player. Ini this case, either I need to manually stop and restart the USB audio app, or sometimes if would auto restart (I turned on the option in setting). However, if I keep the player (i.e. UAPP) playing without touching anything/interacting with the DX200, the USB audio app would play as intended and pushing bit perfect file.

So far I used UAPP only, but I have purchased Neutron pro that I plan to use later.

The issues seems to happen to both Hiby and UAPP, have not tested with Neutron yet.

Apologies in advance if there’s already somebody who asked about this.

Thanks.

Sep 22, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #8,901 of 22,021
$1200 aus (951US) for the ibasso dx200. Does that seem like a fair price to whats the average in the states?

Sep 22, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #8,902 of 22,021
USB audio would, from time to time, detached by itself for reason unknown to me, if I interact with the music player, or, if I wake the display, while the music is playing to interact with the music player.
I need to check it myself. Frankly, L1 is intended, as described, to use Neutron without USB Audio, and that was tested thoroughly. With other apps and USB Audio, I've tested it mostly with unattended playback.

Such a disconnect may happen with L1 if another app is trying to playback a sound via Android... So, please try to hide Mango in USB Audio settings, and select the player you use (UAPP or Hiby) as the active app there, to be sure you have only one music player running. Does it help?

Sep 22, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #8,903 of 22,021
$1200 aus (951US) for the ibasso dx200. Does that seem like a fair price to whats the average in the states?

Normal Price is $869 which is directly bought from ibasso.com

Sep 22, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #8,904 of 22,021
Last edited:
Sep 22, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #8,905 of 22,021
I need to check it myself. Frankly, L1 is intended, as described, to use Neutron without USB Audio, and that was tested thoroughly. With other apps and USB Audio, I've tested it mostly with unattended playback.

Such a disconnect may happen with L1 if another app is trying to playback a sound via Android... So, please try to hide Mango in USB Audio settings, and select the player you use (UAPP or Hiby) as the active app there, to be sure you have only one music player running. Does it help?

So should I flashed a different version instead, as I use mostly UAPP anyway, though I would sometimes use Neutron. But at this point, smooth playback is preferable for me, so if I have to stick with one, I would with UAPP.

I have hide Mango in USB Audio settings, and already set UAPP as the active app before, and still no joy. I have tried to make both Hiby and UAPP as the active, but the issue remain persistent.

As I have said before, it only happen when I try to interact with the player, as there’s no issue so far if I leave the playback played automatically. I don’t know if this is related, but it might helpful for you to pinpoint the issue.

Sep 22, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #8,906 of 22,021
So should I flashed a different version instead, as I use mostly UAPP anyway, though I would sometimes use Neutron.
It's up to you whatever workaround to choose. At least you have a choice :wink: I need some time to investigate the problem. I'll PM you when I'll have more to say.

Sep 22, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #8,907 of 22,021
It's up to you whatever workaround to choose. At least you have a choice :wink: I need some time to investigate the problem. I'll PM you when I'll have more to say.

Got it.

Maybe I will try a different version of your FW later tonight if I can get back home early.

Thanks Lurker for your response.

Sep 22, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #8,908 of 22,021

Any ideas?
Same in mine but with new version of tidal only with some albuns.just i don't know if the problem is from firmware or tidal.

Sep 22, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #8,909 of 22,021
Same in mine but with new version of tidal only with some albuns.just i don't know if the problem is from firmware or tidal.
I used to own the Onkyo DP-X1 and noticed this problem (Tidal offline storage on micro SD, hifi quality). I’ve followed a number of other threads (including Cayin and Fiio) and it seems all DAPs have this issue. Only time when no issue is on a mobile phone. So I suggest if you want glitch free tidal playback use a phone like LG G6 or V20/30.

Sep 22, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #8,910 of 22,021
I used to own the Onkyo DP-X1 and noticed this problem (Tidal offline storage on micro SD, hifi quality). I’ve followed a number of other threads (including Cayin and Fiio) and it seems all DAPs have this issue. Only time when no issue is on a mobile phone. So I suggest if you want glitch free tidal playback use a phone like LG G6 or V20/30.
thanks for information. and confirm that in my phone no glitch but my phone isn´t otg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back