DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 20, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #8,851 of 22,021
@Paul - iBasso can you guys post the images even on instagram or facebook? So we will not miss important posts anymore, not everybody uses twitter :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

How about posting them on here, because unlike @Glasha I don't use any social media at all :wink:

Sep 20, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #8,852 of 22,021
They know how to not put all eggs:egg: into one basket. They would like to leave customers to find out ourselves. :thinking:

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #8,854 of 22,021
It certainly can! This was a HUGE plus point for me. All the other DAP's I've had (all 3 of them lol) could either play or charge, but not both.

For me, the battery life is more than enough, but because I'm out and about a lot, I just like the security of knowing that my things are fully charged, or charging them whilst in cafes etc.
So being able to charge whilst listening is just fantastic:)

Furthermore, when you consider the 'burn-in' cable that iBasso supply with the DX200, burn-in becomes incredibly simple.
I just left mine on, pretty much 24 hours a day for around a week, with absolutely zero problems or background noise pollution :D

Unfortunately, I have the AMP3 now, but seem to have lost the burn-in cable >.<
Gonna have to do this the old fashioned way. Updates to follow in a month or two :p
I have a spare burn in cable, your welcome to it. Just have to find it when I get back

Sep 20, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #8,856 of 22,021
I haven't tried them myself, but based on reputation and his personal recommendation, @jerick70 's suggestion looks good.
In terms of appearance, there's only one of them that I like (this one: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/473...-copper-litz-iem-cable?ref=shop_home_active_7 ), but that copper looks beautiful :)

However, what I *have* personally tried is the CB13 cable. I did feel there was an improvement in clarity and soundstage when using this cable. I'm hoping to do a more rigorous test once I get some adapters through, but yeah, these cables are gorgeous, extremely well made, and with typical iBasso care over choosing the best materials and manufacturing methods and offering them at a price which is far less than that of comparable rivals. Also, I've found there often is (perhaps unsurprisingly) a good synergy when using products from the same manufacturer together.

One question though; what IEM's (or headphones) are you planning to plug these cables into? And what kind of sound signature would you prefer overall?

I have the A18 Tzar paired with Rhapsodio balanced silver litz cable...they sound great but the cable is not the most ergonomic... the issue I have with them is the microphonic effect is a pain when traveling and it gets in the way of everything. So I need something that keeps the same level of clarity and musical experience, but has no microphonics for a traveler like me. Sound signature wise I like to feel every level of detail... I want to feel the bass, but not at the expense of resolution/clarity in the mids and sparkle in the treble....

Sep 20, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #8,858 of 22,021
Spotify extreme quality sounds really amazing on the DX200. Breathed new life into all my earphones, headphones and amps.

Haven't had the chance to try this yet, really curious how it works!

All my music so far has been CDs ripped to flac , but I trust that DX200 will work just as well with streaming :smile_phones:

Sep 20, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #8,859 of 22,021
Haven't had the chance to try this yet, really curious how it works!

All my music so far has been CDs ripped to flac , but I trust that DX200 will work just as well with streaming :smile_phones:
George you have the DX200? Planning to get one soon, maybe the cooper model. I hope that you are safe now in București with the storm.

Sep 20, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #8,860 of 22,021
George you have the DX200? Planning to get one soon, maybe the cooper model. I hope that you are safe now in București with the storm.

Yep, I have DX200 and I love it! I can help you if you have a few questions, but it is good to know that I also have a full-length review in the work!

Also, thank you! The storms are pretty wild here, in some Romanian counties there were broken windows and such. I hope that everyone else is safe out there! :darthsmile:

Sep 20, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #8,862 of 22,021
What is the maximum quality that Spotify can deliver? In the website I can only find 320 kbps as max quality.

You understand it correctly. It is 320K Maximum quality for now.

Sep 20, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #8,864 of 22,021
Too low for my tastes. I listen to 16 bit 44.1 kHz, I am ripping every CD I have, need time but I think it's worth.

You may consider Tidal or Deezer for MQA and Lossless streaming. I used spotify just because it is cheapest (10 per one year thanks to family plan) and I like its playlist so much that I don't need to choose particular songs. Just let the app do the job for me and chill out. I think it is still worthwhile option at least for me.

If I want to focus on quality, I will play through my lossless files I collected.

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #8,865 of 22,021
Too low for my tastes. I listen to 16 bit 44.1 kHz, I am ripping every CD I have, need time but I think it's worth.

Ironically 16/44.1 is the bit depth and sampling rate of 320kbps lossy files as well. Likely you are referring to your preference for lossless compression vs lossy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back