DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 2, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #8,131 of 22,021
I had DX200 for a week or more now, I wanted to ask owners, how does one install new apps? Or what apps are compatible? I haven't tinkered enough with it yet, but I was curious about this.
2 ways:
  • you sideload the app as explain in post #1. ie: get or download the apk file (let's say executable file) of the app and then install it
  • you install a Rom like Lurker's one so you have Google play et voila.

Sep 2, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #8,132 of 22,021
So... I have spent much more time with amp3 :)

First thing that struck me initially was clarity and dynamics but there is much more to amp3 than that. I wrote that it was a tad better soundstage than amp1 balanced but there is more to that story, and that's because of separation. I didn't find the stage that much wider, taller or deeper but separation is improved big time, there is more air between instruments and I think imaging and clarity both gain from this. Also, I don't have balanced cable aside from the Vega and Elear to check this with other headphones or IEMs I own but I'd say the mids are significantly more forward with amp3 especially vocals (also noticed guitar come out very nicely). Bass is really clean, maybe a slight upper bass / lower mids dip. Treble are smooth detailed, probably not as extended as amp1 (which I think is the best). I'd probably need to take some time to do some more amp switching to really confirm all this.

I like amp3 overall but so far it particularly stands out with classical (the dynamics do wonder from pianissimo to forte !) and rock (guitars do shine here) and it plays well with Blues and Jazz. I am not listening a lot to EDM but the tracks I have tried it does seem to fit that genre better than amp1 and 2.

Low level detail is really the best of the 3 amps, cliché but I do re-discover tracks there. This being said, despite amp3's great qualities, I miss the great layering and micro dynamics of amp2 which reminded me of the WM1A I previously owned, and plays a big part in the organic/musical perception (for me). Depending on the headphone/IEM it's great to have options and it will be interesting to find the best pairings... in the end that's the big selling point of the DX200 as amps have fairly different "personalities". I don't regret owning the 3 and I am curious about amp4 already :p

Sep 2, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #8,134 of 22,021
Man, dx200 and Amp3 is surprisingly good. I prefer it over Opus 3 easily. Now, on my long trip driving to NYC, connecting it to my car Bluetooth MY2017, DX200 has surprisingly good Bluetooth sound quality that even my wife noticed. What is going on with the Bluetooth here ?

Sep 2, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #8,135 of 22,021
I'm not sure I fully understand how Tidal could have access to another app like Neutron, isn't this something you'd want to ask iBasso?

Certain apps allow you to be able to access your Tidal music account library and play through the app, utilizing whatever software musical improvements it claims to apply to the music. For example, I use Audirvana+ on my MacBook Pro, and it has Tidal integration built in, allowing me to have an all in one musical software suite that improves the musical listening experience. UAPP is an app that allows me to access my Tidal account, but it's sound signature and functionality is often choppy on my DX200... hope that kind of explains my obsession with always asking about Tidal access...

Sep 3, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #8,136 of 22,021
------

I had DX200 for a week or more now, I wanted to ask owners, how does one install new apps? Or what apps are compatible? I haven't tinkered enough with it yet, but I was curious about this.
If i understand you talk about android applications?if you have firmware(like from Lurker)you use playstore.
Otherwise with browser you found apps in sites like apkmirror or similar.
I hope that was your question

Sep 3, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #8,138 of 22,021
I enjoy Dx200+Amp3 tremendously out of the Utopia in balanced mode. I just can't believe how well it can perform, and it really has distinct sound signature and away from WM1Z. Most of all why I enjoyed it so much ATM is the expansiveness of soundstage and the depth, which hugely complimenting the Utopia signature

Sep 3, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #8,139 of 22,021
I enjoy Dx200+Amp3 tremendously out of the Utopia in balanced mode. I just can't believe how well it can perform, and it really has distinct sound signature and away from WM1Z. Most of all why I enjoyed it so much ATM is the expansiveness of soundstage and the depth, which hugely complimenting the Utopia signature
Is it a better sounding music player then your WM1Z or not? :)

Sep 3, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #8,140 of 22,021
My HD800S very nice pair with DX200 balance 2.5 output.(Amp1)
I don't need desktop amp ,sound wise with my X8 GPS :)

Attachments

• 20170903_175741.jpg
    20170903_175741.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Sep 3, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #8,142 of 22,021
My HD800S very nice pair with DX200 balance 2.5 output.(Amp1)
I don't need desktop amp ,sound wise with my X8 GPS :)
interesting. which prefer between amp and amp3?i´m waiting for balanced cable for my elear and i wanted to understand if the amp 3 is cearly superior or it´s a question of matching with headphones?
thank you
edit: sorry, just now i saw your last post

Sep 3, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #8,143 of 22,021
interesting. which prefer between amp and amp3?i´m waiting for balanced cable for my elear and i wanted to understand if the amp 3 is cearly superior or it´s a question of matching with headphones?
thank you
edit: sorry, just now i saw your last post

No problem :wink:

Sep 3, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #8,145 of 22,021
When our engineers got done with the AMP3 even I was surprised with what they had done. But we will not stop and will continue to work to bring you the best we can for your ultimate musical enjoyment. TOTL sound that is more affordable without cutting corners.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back