DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
May 26, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #6,317 of 22,021
I've used an external USB DAC with Android & Poweramp for many years now..
OK, then you can try and tell me whether it works on DX200. If it does, I can add support for it into USB Audio application.

May 26, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #6,318 of 22,021
I'm sure Dignis will have their own DX200 version case eventually, they usually always do.

I contacted Dignis just a couple days ago, asking when they might have a case for the DX200. Unfortunately, they responded that they aren't planning to make one due to the DX200 comes with a case, so don't think there'd be enough demand for one.
:disappointed:

I did get the black Miter case earlier this week. I like it much better than I thought I would. The cover over the buttons actually works quite well... maybe even better than without, as it seems to have little indentations that make hitting/punching the buttons easier than without. The back is thicker, but not really that much thicker than the original case. I definitely like the Miter case better than the included case.

Edit: Oh yeah... the volume knob is much easier to adjust with the Miter case than with the stock case, too.

Last edited:
May 26, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #6,319 of 22,021
OK, then you can try and tell me whether it works on DX200. If it does, I can add support for it into USB Audio application.
Is there any way to have Tidal work with your USB audio app? Or do the devs on their end have to add that functionality first? It works great when streaming through USB Audio Player, but if it could work with Tidal offline files as well then it'd be perfect.

May 27, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #6,320 of 22,021
I feel myself very proud announcing release of Firmware 2.2.110-L2! Since release of L1, a lot of work was done, including communications with developers of USB Audio Player PRO, Neutron Music Player and HibyMusic, to make them work better with USB Audio. Recently released Neutron Music Player 1.95.0 is fully compatible, and a special build of the free HibyMusic is embedded into this firmware release, with a kind permission of HiBy Music company! The required changes were made by myself. This build allows you to install the official versions via Google Play Market in addition.

It's our pleasure. :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 27, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #6,322 of 22,021
Hi, may I ask if most of you all also using High Gain all the time even using with IEM?
I always use high gain. I find it is slightly more aggressive and to me, more open sounding and that is my preference as I also listen to a lot of live music and this gets me closer to it. Sometimes live isn't all that good though but on good live music, there is a certain quality that is hard to get in recorded but I strive for it and why not. :^)

May 27, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #6,323 of 22,021
Hi, may I ask if most of you all also using High Gain all the time even using with IEM?

HG... I'm using all the time - more vivid and better dynamics. There is no problem with sensitive IEMs.

May 27, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #6,324 of 22,021

I personally use Low gain. I don't know why but it feels right to my IEM and taste.

May 28, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #6,326 of 22,021
I am waiting for the next official firmware and hope the shuffle issue in artists and directory can be fixed.

May 28, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #6,327 of 22,021
I feel myself very proud announcing release of Firmware 2.2.110-L2! Since release of L1, a lot of work was done, including communications with developers of USB Audio Player PRO, Neutron Music Player and HibyMusic, to make them work better with USB Audio. Recently released Neutron Music Player 1.95.0 is fully compatible, and a special build of the free HibyMusic is embedded into this firmware release, with a kind permission of HiBy Music company! The required changes were made by myself. This build allows you to install the official versions via Google Play Market in addition.

Another hidden work was done to let MacOS and Linux users install my firmware builds. A separate zip archive to flash using rkflashtool is available now! A compatible build of rkflashtool was pushed into Homebrew for easy install in MacOS. Please read the firmware description for step-by-step instructions.

The new features of USB Audio application (turn on/off USB DAC mode of DX200; save/restore system sound settings), along with a good player pre-installed, allow to disable MangoPlayer in Android Apps settings, without loosing neither functionality nor sound quality.

Warning: This firmware build fixes a problem, that exFAT formatted media was mounted under default name, not by UUID, as it should. Now all supported file systems are mounted by UUID, but, after the first boot, you may find your microSD (and music library!) at a different path.

Here is the full list of differences between 2.2.110-L2 and the official firmware:
Mango mode:
  • Removed Android services, that are not used in this mode.
  • Enabled USB Reader mode (with some restrictions - read the description!)
  • Fonts are replaced with a font based on Roboto Condenced.
But you should not need Mango mode anymore with all the advantages of the full Android!
Android mode:
  • Embedded USB Audio for DX200 application which lets you play bit-perfect music from any supported sources and formats using USB Audio Player PRO, Neutron Music, or embedded special build of HibyMusic, with all their advanced features. It also addresses performance (listen even DST SACD!) and power control (play/pause key works!) issues with screen turned off.
  • USB Mass Storage instead of MIDI to problem free access to microSD on any platform.
  • Google Play Market for easy install apps, including paid or with in-app purchases.
  • SuperSU for those who really need it.
  • exFAT and NTFS media are mounted by UUID, to prevent problems with mounting two storages with the same format.
  • Some performance and stability optimization.
Please spend some time to read the descriptions of the firmware and USB Audio for DX200 that I've written, before making your decision or asking questions!

Delightful, much thanks!

Last edited:
May 28, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #6,328 of 22,021
Is there any way to have Tidal work with your USB audio app?
Only if Tidal would implement support for external USB DACs.
if it could work with Tidal offline files as well then it'd be perfect.
What's wrong with Tidal software itself? AFAIK it is 16/44.1KHz material, and, as such, it should not be any difference which software to use. Or, did I miss something?

May 28, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #6,329 of 22,021
Loving AMP2 module, a lot! Just posted my write up HERE.

ibasso_amp2_cb13-06.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back