DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 30, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #5,536 of 22,021

As many others already chimed in, from the description of that connector it says 2.5mm balanced to 3.5mm stereo.  I know that ExtremeAudio, which btw iBasso distributor in US and associated with ProStudio Sound on Amazon which is their authorized seller, used to have 2.5mm balanced to 3.5mm balanced.  So, make sure you are looking at the right adapter.

In a nutshell, if you want to keep it balanced, you either go with 3.5mm TRRS (Hifiman wiring, female part of the connector) to 2.5mm TRRS (A&K wiring, male part of the connector going into DX200).  Or you get 4pin XLR to 2.5mm TRRS like this:

or 4pin Kubicon to 2.5mm TRRS - Whiplash makes modular cables using 4pin Kubicon balanced wired connectors so they can make one for your.

The key here, once you switch to 3.5mm "stereo" which I interpret as TRS, you are tying grounds together to use with your regular non-balance headphones.  To keep it truly balanced, you need to keep 4 wires separate from a source to a target, meaning using only balanced connectors.  TRRS - tip ring ring sleeve allows 4 wire connection, TRS - tip ring sleeve ties grounds together to have 3 wire connection.

Thanks this exactly the type im looking for. Looking at ebay for such as custom cables here for xlr4pin to 2.5mm is almost the same price as custom cables for iem. ✌

$28 from Lunashops: http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4956

Mar 30, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #5,537 of 22,021
If you have a song or songs that does this on a regular basis can you send it to service@ibasso.com using WeTransfer? We can look into this further. I have many DSD in different rates and hi res and they don't do this but I want to find out what is going on so we can correct this. With your new FW that will be available today, please see if this still occurs.

Hi Paul,

Besides the known popping sound when I switch track with different frequency, I do get soft popping or ticking sound randomly while playing some hi-Res files. I will try to isolate if it is just 1 specific file or a few files and revert on the observation.

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #5,539 of 22,021
This is the link for the new DX200 firmware.

http://www.ibasso.com/down.php

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 31, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #5,540 of 22,021
Responsiveness and speed in pure Mango OS mode are much better with the new update. 
smile.gif

Mar 31, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #5,545 of 22,021

Responsiveness and speed in pure Mango OS mode are much better with the new update. 
smile.gif

Try swiping left/right.

Yeah, it has been greatly improved compared to the prior firmware release (I have skipped the Beta FW though). Mango OS doesn't feel slow to me anymore.

You are correct that when swiping left/right, the settings and music library screens don't appear immediately but after a delay, however to me it doesn't look like a typical responsiveness/speed issue but rather like it is an intentional delay so that the player can recognise whether it really was an intentional swipe or not.
I however definitely agree that it would be nicer without this (likely intentional) delay, and even nicer if the Android Mango Player app's UI/responsiveness/swiping animations and swiping recognition were implemented into pure Mango Player mode.

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #5,549 of 22,021
Only copy the inner .zip file onto the internal storage/memory card.

If also took me several tries to figure that out.

My computer just died so can I download it to the player itself?

You could try to. Using the file explorer that is on the DX200, you might probably be able to copy/move the inner folder to the first layer of the internal memory/micro SD card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back