DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 30, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #5,506 of 22,021
I was tryying, but it' s impossible. The file is hosted in Baidu, and you need to do it with his download manager. This software is in chinese, and you need to register via a chinese telephone number... So... no way. At this moment.

Please, is someone have this file... share it! :)

Mar 30, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #5,507 of 22,021
Apple and oranges, but anyone with HD650 on a Schiit Jotunheim and the DX200 care to make a comparison?

Not sure how good a comparison it would end up being but I use the HD650 with the Schiit Bifrost Multibit and the Asgard 2. So far I've only used the DX200 with IEMs so it will be interesting to see what it's like with the HD650,

Mar 30, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #5,509 of 22,021

Do you get this during a song or when changing formats?

Wasn't originally my question but I get a pop/click when changing formats. My understanding is this is common/acceptable.Is that correct? Happens every time on my Bifrost and I've noticed it on the DX200 as well. 

Mar 30, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #5,510 of 22,021

Do you get this during a song or when changing formats?

​Yes, louder pops occur sometimes when changing sample rate, which isn't too bothersome when you're listening to an entire album at the same sample rate (but might be on a random play list). I think it should be avoidable by a high end DAC (my Benchmark DAC2 makes no noise when switching sample rate).

But also, I've been using native Mango, which has the problem of not playing album tracks in order many times. So I though I'd try the Android Mango player, to see if it played them in order. I've only listened to Android Mango for a very short time, just testing the track order. And it did seem to play the track order back for the album I was listening to in the correct order. But it was a 24 bit, 96k album, and I noticed little ticking noises in the audio at the beginning of a track or two, that weren't part of the source audio. It seemed to clear up as the track progressed. I just assumed it was a known bug that would be fixed, as I hadn't noticed it occurring with the native Mango. I'll have to listen to the Android Mango more, now, to know for sure what that noise was, and when exactly it happens.

Mar 30, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #5,512 of 22,021
  Firmware downloaded via JDownloader (slow but effective). Installed with no problems. :)

Download link to my Dropbox waiting for moderators approval. 

Happen to know what the updates are?

Mar 30, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #5,513 of 22,021

The download for the latest FW will be up on our website very soon. The list of changes will be with the download.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 30, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #5,514 of 22,021

The firmware update content: 

1, to improve the support of the 352kHz music files 
2, to optimize the DST format ID3 support 
3, modify the timing may not exist after the shutdown settings 
4, to solve the state of DSD songs off the screen is not the opportunity to switch The problem 
5, to solve the resumption of the channel after the restoration of the balance of the problem 
6, repair digital filtering and other options are not finished completely 
7, to solve some APE and DSD songs do not scan can not play the problem 
8, to solve the Mango system under chance Play the problem does not move 
9, the overall operation optimization

Sorry for the chinese to english Google translation.

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #5,515 of 22,021

The firmware update content: 

1, to improve the support of the 352kHz music files 
2, to optimize the DST format ID3 support 
3, modify the timing may not exist after the shutdown settings 
4, to solve the state of DSD songs off the screen is not the opportunity to switch The problem 
5, to solve the resumption of the channel after the restoration of the balance of the problem 
6, repair digital filtering and other options are not finished completely 
7, to solve some APE and DSD songs do not scan can not play the problem 
8, to solve the Mango system under chance Play the problem does not move 
9, the overall operation optimization

Sorry for the chinese to english Google translation.

Close but some are off a little. We will have the official list of changes very soon with the download.

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #5,516 of 22,021

​Yes, louder pops occur sometimes when changing sample rate, which isn't too bothersome when you're listening to an entire album at the same sample rate (but might be on a random play list). I think it should be avoidable by a high end DAC (my Benchmark DAC2 makes no noise when switching sample rate).

But also, I've been using native Mango, which has the problem of not playing album tracks in order many times. So I though I'd try the Android Mango player, to see if it played them in order. I've only listened to Android Mango for a very short time, just testing the track order. And it did seem to play the track order back for the album I was listening to in the correct order. But it was a 24 bit, 96k album, and I noticed little ticking noises in the audio at the beginning of a track or two, that weren't part of the source audio. It seemed to clear up as the track progressed. I just assumed it was a known bug that would be fixed, as I hadn't noticed it occurring with the native Mango. I'll have to listen to the Android Mango more, now, to know for sure what that noise was, and when exactly it happens.

What type and speed of a card are you using?

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #5,520 of 22,021

Wasn't originally my question but I get a pop/click when changing formats. My understanding is this is common/acceptable.Is that correct? Happens every time on my Bifrost and I've noticed it on the DX200 as well. 

Yes when changing formats you will often hear a sound. This can be a tick sound or a little louder. It varies but is a change in the hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back