DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 2, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #4,832 of 22,021
I've been doing exactly your steps 1 to 4. Maybe I have (another) hardware problem, but every time I try this, Android File Transfer slows, then freezes, the DX200 freezes and needs to be rebooted by holding down the power button. Am I the only person this isn't working for?

I have a Mac and use the Android File Transfer for Mac. Maybe use Disk Utility and run it on your Mac. I find the transfer speed to the DX200 from my mid 2014 Mac to be very fast, surprisingly so. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #4,833 of 22,021
  Over 6 hundred hours on mine and I swear it keeps getting better. Listening to some live Allman Brothers Band, balanced to the Utopia. Cymbals, drums, guitar, singing, layered and all there dynamic. Great stuff and I have to go some where! NO. . . . . lol 

I just received mine and only have about 10 hours on it.So far though I'm very pleased with the sound quality. Last night alone I spent until the wee hours of the morning listening to it. So far just with the IT03 but it's pretty amazing. And a lot of my listening last night was live Allman Brothers as well. Specifically Live from A&R Studios. You Don't Love Me w/ Soul Serenade is really something. I'm looking forward to trying this out with some of my other IEMs and maybe with the CB12 cable once they're in stock again. Just really pleased so far. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #4,834 of 22,021
As of the firmware yesterday, it has been confirmed that the DX200 can now play this exclusive DST ISO format.   
Thanks for confirmation! Yesterday I found out in firmware binaries that it was added, but I don't have a device to check myself. It's really great and worth to be bolded in the list of changes!

Could you please also check whether gapless is supported for SACD ISO playback as well? That's what I'm waiting for too!

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #4,835 of 22,021

DX200 ==> CB12 ==> IT03   
gs1000.gif

This ^^^^

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #4,838 of 22,021
  Hello, does anyone have problems transferring files using mango on windows?
The computer recognizes the device but I can not see the folder with the files, someone has experienced this problem and solved it?

My company Notebook cannot detect also. But my home PC does detect. Not knowing how to solve as well...

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:42 AM Post #4,839 of 22,021

Hello, does anyone have problems transferring files using mango on windows?
The computer recognizes the device but I can not see the folder with the files, someone has experienced this problem and solved it?

My company Notebook cannot detect also. But my home PC does detect. Not knowing how to solve as well...

I have had the same issue -> workaround: connect the DX200 to you PC -> go to settings -> developer options (those need to be activated first, you can google "developer options android" which gives you plenty guides on how do do it) -> "Select USB Configuration" -> tap "MTP" -> tap "MTP" again -> it should be recognised by your PC now.

Mar 3, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #4,840 of 22,021
So, I've managed to collect 6 flagship (or almost flagship) DAPs from well-known companies: Lotto Paw Gold, A&K320, OPUS#2, Questyle QP1R, iBasso DX200 and Fiio X7 and I've made a video with comparison. It's really subjective, and I have an accent, so I've warned you:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akzQr9d6O2E[/VIDEO]

I'm not sure, which topic I should put it, so, I've decided to put it to all related player's topics and hide video under spoiler to reduce annoyance

Mar 3, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #4,841 of 22,021
So, I've managed to collect 6 flagship (or almost flagship) DAPs from well-known companies: Lotto Paw Gold, A&K320, OPUS#2, Questyle QP1R, iBasso DX200 and Fiio X7 and I've made a video with comparison. It's really subjective, and I have an accent, so I've warned you:
I'm not sure, which topic I should put it, so, I've decided to put it to all related player's topics and hide video under spoiler to reduce annoyance

appreciate your work, thank you for the comprehensive comparison. How would you rank them in terms of sound quality and UI?

Mar 3, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #4,842 of 22,021
appreciate your work, thank you for the comprehensive comparison. How would you rank them in terms of sound quality and UI?

it's really subjective question, as it highly depends on your preferences. My personal #1 is LPG, as it's really energetic and powerful. From other side, LPG is really, really basic in terms of functionality: just player and nothing else. And there are mixed impressions about that, someone like this minimalism, and someone don't.
And if we took into attention features and price, I'd give #1 to DX200, it's the solution with biggest potential for now. iBasso just need to fix small bugs in FW and release few amps :)

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #4,844 of 22,021
I just completed a non-representative battery life test for my review (that will probably take some time to be finished & released, as I'm probably waiting for one or two firmware updates beforehand) under these conditions: purely Android mode, Superlux HD6668B as load, single-ended, volume 75/150, playing FLAC files from the micro SD card, streaming 90 minutes of music, occasionally unlocking the screen and navigating through the menus.
I managed to reach a little more than 8 hours, which I think (while it is not revolutionary or breath-taking) is fairly decent considering the features and especially the power-hungry dual DACs.

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #4,845 of 22,021
I just completed a non-representative battery life test for my review (that will probably take some time to be finished & released, as I'm probably waiting for one or two firmware updates beforehand) under these conditions: purely Android mode, Superlux HD6668B as load, single-ended, volume 75/150, playing FLAC files from the micro SD card, streaming 90 minutes of music, occasionally unlocking the screen and navigating through the menus.
I managed to reach a little more than 8 hours, which I think (while it is not revolutionary or breath-taking) is fairly decent considering the features and especially the power-hungry dual DACs.

Nearly the same as I get regardless of which player I use (Pure Mango, Android Mango or ArmAmp) More, of course, would be nice but compared to the 6 hrs of my Pono Player, this is not bad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back