DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 28, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #4,726 of 22,021
Also phantom touch issue is just a problem with sweaty hands and bad screen protector. It's sad everyone think the device is faulty.

Don't you guys try it on your phone before?

While I never have that problem, the touchscreen needs improvement. There is definitely a delay in response to button press. I think this this a reason for the phantom touch issue. Where you get used to a phone then DX200 suddenly pauses while it queues multiple screen gestures and button press.

I learn to wait for the screen to respond on my first button press after I turn on the screen. After that the response time gets better.

Feb 28, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #4,727 of 22,021
Also phantom touch issue is just a problem with sweaty hands and bad screen protector. It's sad everyone think the device is faulty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTckqstWXz8 - is this sweaty hands problem? Don't think so, the device is faulty and the person who posted it had his player replaced

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #4,728 of 22,021
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTckqstWXz8 - is this sweaty hands problem? Don't think so, the device is faulty and the person who posted it had his player replaced

oh gosh, look at your dirty oily screen.

My Nexus 7 LTE has this kind of problem before and all gone after I tear down that stupid screen protector. Clean the screen and try again, it will feel much better for the moment.

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #4,729 of 22,021

It clearly isn't, my device is actually worse than this video and completely unusable. Sweaty hands? Please.

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #4,731 of 22,021

You are incorrect - it has nothing to do with your hands or screen protector. I'm not sure why you would choose to comment on this issue if you haven't experienced it yourself.

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #4,732 of 22,021
I got a full review of this device coming up soon.
I hope my re cabled ma-900 in balanced come in before I finish it up

Looking forward to it bro.

You are incorrect - it has nothing to do with your hands or screen protector. I'm not sure why you would choose to comment on this issue if you haven't experienced it yourself.

Because nobody can say anything bad about the flavor of the month. God forbid people bring up shortcomings on a device. Let's just sing praise.

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #4,733 of 22,021
Looking forward to it bro.
Because nobody can say anything bad about the flavor of the month. God forbid people bring up shortcomings on a device. Let's just sing praise.

seriously i will face some "phantom touch" on my dx200 too, but it can be avoided by regular cleaning on the screen.

i am not in odds with people saying about the short coming of this device but if this is very common for every touch screen products then it is not fair to highlight it on this device.

However, more tolerance can be added to kernel to avoid such "phantom touch", but it will be less accurate/ sensitive/ more battery demanded.

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #4,734 of 22,021

I am sure no manufacture wants to have issues. It is frustrating for them and very much so for their customers. We tested many DX200s for months before release and never had a screen issue. It seems that these things wait until after a product is released. If there are problems we want to know as soon as possible and will do everything we can to correct them. A new firmware coming out will fix many current screen issues. If some are still present then we will repair or replace and this is what we ask our distributor/retailers to do. We do this for the music and absolutely do not want frustration to be part of what your experience. Please feel free to contact me with questions.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 28, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #4,735 of 22,021
  I am sure no manufacture wants to have issues. It is frustrating for them and very much so for their customers. We tested many DX200s for months before release and never had a screen issue. It seems that these things wait until after a product is released. If there are problems we want to know as soon as possible and will do everything we can to correct them. A new firmware coming out will fix many current screen issues. If some are still present then we will repair or replace and this is what we ask our distributor/retailers to do. We do this for the music and absolutely do not want frustration to be part of what your experience. Please feel free to contact me with questions.

Yeah all of company have problems, but resolve it fast is important, and iBasso in this point is very slow apparently.

--------------

I read reviews and bla bla
Soundstage is not the best
On highs have a better devices but the cost is much

In SQ..  which highlights? i don't talk about price

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #4,736 of 22,021

Yeah all of company have problems, but resolve it fast is important, and iBasso in this point is very slow apparently.

I think they are just collecting all the fixes and optimizations based on forum suggestions to release at once.  Makes no sense to release one fix at a time
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #4,739 of 22,021

I am sorry you feel this way. But they are your feelings and that is ok. We devote a lot of resources to our products for after sales and will continue to do this.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 28, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #4,740 of 22,021
Paul - iBasso That comment wasn't meant towards ibasso or your gear. It's just a general statement about people and their gear. Everything has some sort of shortcoming. Unfortunately, people praise everything, and ignore the shortcomings. There are a lot of people that are interested in certain products, they should be made aware of not just the good, but whatever bad there may be as well.

CracKinGDucK Sorry, I didn't intend for that comment to be directed at you. Please see above. I have no gripe with anyone and I think the DX200 performs up to par, as in I have zero issues with mine. I'd just like to see more of the downsides of products. Some people save up for a very long time to purchase devices, electronics, etc. I think it's only fair that we share our experiences fully with others. If someone has an issue, it shouldn't be disregarded immediately if someone else doesn't. Also doesn't mean it should be blown out of proportion either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back