DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 25, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #4,651 of 22,021

Thanks for the reply. I contacted Paul who I must admit was very responsive, great support from iBasso. I started a replacement process already and I hope the new unit doesn't have the same issue. Though Paul did mention that they will be fixing the screen issues in firmware soon. Hope it works out!
Meanwhile the sound coming out of this thing... I don't want to part with it. 

I know what you mean about the sound. I sent mine back more than a week ago, and I really miss it. I'm still waiting for the Amazon vendor to send me a replacement. Even though I could do a lot worse than the DX90 I'm using as a backup.  :)

It would be great if the touchscreen problem can be fixed with a firmware update. However, I still feel a lot better that the vendor will be sending me a new unit. It means starting burn-in all over again, but that's something I can live with.

Thanks for the update, Paul!

Feb 25, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #4,652 of 22,021
I have the player for close to a week now. All these times, I am using the Andriod player on single ended with my FitEAR MH334 CIEM and the sound out of the box is very pleasing. There is a sense of depth/sound stage and good details. This is definitely one of the better player I have owned where I love the sound out of the box with ease (the other still being QP1R). My journey with this was to go through the experience of listening to each feature thoroughly before I proceed to the next. Just yesterday, I decided it's time to switch to Mango OS on single ended and the sound quality was much better and what a pleasant surprise! I will be on this mode for some times to thoroughly enjoy and understand what aspects of it I like best. I like to think of different mode (Andriod mode for the Spotify and Mango for the music I own) for different occasions and purposes. Once done, I will proceed to balanced on both modes and begin another journey with this player. Overall, it's been a nice experience with pleasant surprises along the way! Can't wait for future FW to improve it further!

Feb 25, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #4,653 of 22,021
I have the player for close to a week now. All these times, I am using the Andriod player on single ended with my FitEAR MH334 CIEM and the sound out of the box is very pleasing. There is a sense of depth/sound stage and good details. This is definitely one of the better player I have owned where I love the sound out of the box with ease (the other still being QP1R). My journey with this was to go through the experience of listening to each feature thoroughly before I proceed to the next. Just yesterday, I decided it's time to switch to Mango OS on single ended and the sound quality was much better and what a pleasant surprise! I will be on this mode for some times to thoroughly enjoy and understand what aspects of it I like best. I like to think of different mode (Andriod mode for the Spotify and Mango for the music I own) for different occasions and purposes. Once done, I will proceed to balanced on both modes and begin another journey with this player. Overall, it's been a nice experience with pleasant surprises along the way! Can't wait for future FW to improve it further!

Enjoy your journey and discovery!!!

Feb 25, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #4,654 of 22,021
Curious, anyone manage to pair DX200 with a remote via bluetooth or wireless means?

@Paul - iBasso, idea or scalability?
tongue_smile.gif

Will be useful if the player is in a bag and you need quick access to skip or pause or play songs.

Feb 25, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #4,655 of 22,021
Curious, anyone manage to pair DX200 with a remote via bluetooth or wireless means?

@Paul - iBasso
, idea or scalability? :tongue_smile:  

Will be useful if the player is in a bag and you need quick access to skip or pause or play songs.

Maybe this might work?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/791531/dx200-details-features-and-specifications-1st-page-with-wifi-and-bluetooth-interchangeable-amps/3570#post_13224276

Any feedback if it does would be helpful too since I'd wanna try it once I buy my DX200

Feb 25, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #4,656 of 22,021

@Paul - iBasso, idea or scalability?
tongue_smile.gif

Just tried this one - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Satechi-MediaRemote-Bluetooth-Multi-Media-Control/dp/B00824948U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488071268&sr=8-1&keywords=satechi+remote

It does work as a remote but I'm getting constant interference in left channel. I also get it with my 5GHz wifi. Random static noise, average one halfsecond crackling in 1-5 minutes period. I wasn't able to get a pattern for it yet.

That makes me reconsider my unit as faulty one. And that's the moment I'm gonna hit Paul's mailbox.

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #4,657 of 22,021
We will have a FW to fix for the lag with Mango. We also have a fix coming for the few screens with touch problems where the screen reacts on it own.

nice!!

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #4,658 of 22,021
I appreciate it for delivering this great DAP.
Thanks to ibasso team and Paul!

With this ES9028pro DAC like God, The DX200 completely overturned the hierarchy so far.
There is no turn for WM1Z next to me. :p

Feb 26, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #4,660 of 22,021
  We will have a FW to fix for the lag with Mango. We also have a fix coming for the few screens with touch problems where the screen reacts on it own.

Can't wait!
biggrin.gif
  Sounds like the next FW update is going to be MASSIVE, rather than a small dot update
wink.gif

Feb 26, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #4,661 of 22,021
Not sure whether this is intended feature or not, but I just found this strange, is there any settings I can change to fix this?

1. Play any song
2. Power off or change track in the middle of the song
3. Go back to the song that was previously playing
4. The song will play at the position where it was playing before (e.g. in the middle of the song)

Is there any way that when go back it will play at the beginning of the song?

Feb 26, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #4,662 of 22,021
  Not sure whether this is intended feature or not, but I just found this strange, is there any settings I can change to fix this?

1. Play any song
4. The song will play at the position where it was playing before (e.g. in the middle of the song)

I think this is the problem of the Mango Player. DX80 also has such problem.

Feb 26, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #4,663 of 22,021

1. Play any song

I've just tested it. Always starting from a beginning. Both android and pure music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back