DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 18, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #4,456 of 22,021
Guys, does anyone experience static noise? It's in my left channel, only when WiFi is on and growing when data is transferring. And it's not some background hiss but pretty loud noise. I updated firmware last night and did factory reset. The noise is not depended on volume or either music playing or using app. It's just there when WiFi on.

All stream apps like Tidal are unusable.

Tried to downgrade FW, same issue. Back to latest one and still the same. Clean FW after factory reset. Turning on my DX plug my Dita or EX1000 and there is silence. I'm turning on WiFi and there it is, audible static noises. This is no hiss, this is static noise from WiFi data transfer.

Just try to open a web browser and do some browsing with Your iems on, with no music.

@Paul - iBasso any ideas?

How do I mention someone?

Feb 18, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #4,457 of 22,021
AnakChan of Head-fi who has owned or at least tried about every totl dap - demoed my DX200 at the show too..

http://www.head-fi.org/t/836988/fujiya-avic-winter-potaken-in-tokyo-18th-february-2017

3c648f0c18aea951b442797526a9a1a7.jpg

a7201ad0b338dbc13e9ba7b703e18acc.jpg

Excellent little meet up by the sounds of things!

Feb 18, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #4,458 of 22,021
Tried to downgrade FW, same issue. Back to latest one and still the same. Clean FW after factory reset. Turning on my DX plug my Dita or EX1000 and there is silence. I'm turning on WiFi and there it is, audible static noises. This is no hiss, this is static noise from WiFi data transfer.

Just try to open a web browser and do some browsing with Your iems on, with no music.

Again I can't hear any static noise no matter what I do. Music on/off browsing the internet etc. Pitc black. But I do not use very sensitive iems.

Maybe something wrong with your unit.

Feb 18, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #4,459 of 22,021
My main concern atm is after getting a few weeks in with DX200 / 1Plus2.2, its now putting my other 2 setups a good few notches behind the game. 

1. DX90 / 1Plus2 (somewhat sounds like a baby version, I will keep this)
  2. Tralucent DacAmp One / Ref.1 (losing in areas like refinement and resolution)

I might put Ref.1 on the chopping block after some further consideration.

Feb 18, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #4,461 of 22,021

@Paul - iBasso any ideas?

How do I mention someone?

Are you on 2.4 or 5g WiFi? 5g should work fine.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 18, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #4,463 of 22,021
Tried both but I will test it again later this evening. I will get another unit from a friend tomorrow so I can compare them. Will report back here.

Thanks!

Please let me know so we can get this worked out. You can also email me at paul@ibasso.com .

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 18, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #4,464 of 22,021

Are you on 2.4 or 5g WiFi? 5g should work fine.

Tried both but I will test it again later this evening. I will get another unit from a friend tomorrow so I can compare them. Will report back here.

Thanks!

What headphones are you using?  Do you get the same static noise with all of your headphones?

I have been using DX200 for awhile, playing music from internal flash storage, uSD, streaming, browsing, bluetooth, many different earphones/headphones - never experienced a static noise.  I even had it tested right next to my smartphone.

If you hear it with every pair of headphones, rather than a particular one which picks up noise like an "antenna", then there could be something wrong with your dx200.

Feb 18, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #4,465 of 22,021
What headphones are you using?  Do you get the same static noise with all of your headphones?

I have been using DX200 for awhile, playing music from internal flash storage, uSD, streaming, browsing, bluetooth, many different earphones/headphones - never experienced a static noise.  I even had it tested right next to my smartphone.

If you hear it with every pair of headphones, rather than a particular one which picks up noise like an "antenna", then there could be something wrong with your dx200.

Faulty unit, this is my conclusion so far. Tested it with Dita The Answer, Sony MDR-EX1000 and Flare Audio R2S. All getting almost the same noise level. Easily audible when playback is low or not playing. What is interesting that changing volume does not affect on noise volume.

Feb 18, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #4,466 of 22,021
What would be interesting is to have a new OOTB dx200 and one with 200+ then listen to them in blind tests. Get somebody else to switch between the 3.5 jack of the daps and keep the same songs...

Feb 18, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #4,467 of 22,021
I appreciate that iBasso aren't giving away too much with regards to the different amp modules, but could you at least tell us if there will be 'weaker' amps? Would like to try a weaker amp to see if it resolves the hiss from the Andromeda.

Feb 18, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #4,469 of 22,021

Same here. I've never had any kind of noise like that with my unit at all.

Feb 18, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #4,470 of 22,021
What is the general consensus on gain level, please? I am using Westone W30, Oppo PM-3 and Focal Elear headphones in balanced mode with the DX200 and both low and high gain will achieve adequate volume ranges (obviously low gain is turned up slightly higher on the volume control). I feel as though high gain is giving slightly more dynamic/punchy sound, although not sure if this is a placebo effect? I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter. Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back