DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 20, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #2,701 of 22,021
Jan 20, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #2,702 of 22,021

900 euro.

Thanks for review link, mine will be here next week,you can come over listen to 1a too, Vega and harmony 8.2 non custom:thumbsup::headphones::notes::beers:

I would like that very much. Hopefully we can meet sometimes in the near future.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #2,703 of 22,021
  Maybe we can ask iBasso that in one of the next amplifier module to include another SD slot if possible?

Great idea but I can't see them changing their manufacturing process to just include that at this late stage of the game. If they would, that would be awesome though. 

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #2,704 of 22,021
  Maybe we can ask iBasso that in one of the next amplifier module to include another SD slot if possible?

oooh that'd be nice. I wonder though, how much of extra coding is required to put 2 sdcards into an android device. Or those extra outputs like S/PDIF

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #2,706 of 22,021
  What other DAPs in this price range?
There is literally ZERO daps with coaxial out and tidal support under $1k. (AFAIK, please prove me wrong).

AK doesn't use android does it? As expensive as AK's are, they seem to be one of the few with GOOD UI/UX, especially with tidal/groove etc. Most others just plop you into a 2 year old version of stripped down regular android and let you go. The problem with that is, 10 minutes in, part of my brain will be thinking "geez this android phone really sucks...my nexus is so much better..eww" Really like how AK is doing it.

Onyko DP-X1 and Pioneer xdp-300r; They don't have Coaxial but Tidal support and android are common things, they also have balance, 32-64gb with Dual SD slot.  Sorry it's just fact

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #2,707 of 22,021
  What other DAPs in this price range?
There is literally ZERO daps with coaxial out and tidal support under $1k. (AFAIK, please prove me wrong).

AK doesn't use android does it? As expensive as AK's are, they seem to be one of the few with GOOD UI/UX, especially with tidal/groove etc. Most others just plop you into a 2 year old version of stripped down regular android and let you go. Really like how AK is doing it.

No need to get agressive right away, you have your needs, please understand that mine CAN be different.
You need Tidal, I don't, so I get that capacity is less of an issue for you if you're mainly after streaming. My need is beyond 300Gb, and 3G/4G network in my country is far from being good enough to stream hi-res.

You need coax out, I just need any output (optical or USB can do the job as well). And there are good alternatives in this pricebracket if you do not need the DAC capability (which I don't).

Unfortunately, UI can be improved/updated, memory can't, regardless of how good SQ can be. Unless manufacturers are getting smart enough to propose several capacities for a price (like for smartphones).

If you find your hapiness in this DAP, good for you, I'm not here on a crusade to discourage people, they're free to buy or not.

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #2,708 of 22,021
I think most of the people who will buy and indeed enjoy the DX200 are the same more or less who owned or heard the legendary DX100, which for its time was quite impressive.
So iBasso have quite a bit of experience in this field....all we nees is to step over the memory issues problem and we have a very good music player.
I can see 512 GB micro SD cards coming out in 6-8 months,so that will fix it for sure especially as they are getting cheaper and chapter by day.

Jan 20, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #2,710 of 22,021
Early yet but the DX100 is still a beautiful sounding dap, IMO. From what I am hearing I don't think there is much in the DX200's league. I have the Sony 1A with many hours on it and it sounds really good but the DX200 has more power and sounds fuller. I need more hours with them. Surprisingly, I am not running into any real bugs and the scan speed is super fast as is the download to the internal memory. The speed to the to internal memory is faster than to my fast micro SD cards. I didn't believe it at first but loaded a lot of DSD etc, in not too long a time. 

I mainly use the Mango player since it would be the pure music mode from what I can tell and I like playing the music and in Mango this is very straight forward. It is in Android also but I just like Mango. 

Whilst early days, somewhat skirted the X7 comparison. Appreciate, when ready, any thoughts between the two.
Many thanks.

Jan 20, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #2,711 of 22,021
I think most of the people who will buy and indeed enjoy the DX200 are the same more or less who owned or heard the legendary DX100, which for its time was quite impressive.
So iBasso have quite a bit of experience in this field....all we nees is to step over the memory issues problem and we have a very good music player.
I can see 512 GB micro SD cards coming out in 6-8 months,so that will fix it for sure especially as they are getting cheaper and chapter by day.
The DX100 sound is opposite of the DX200 sound.

Jan 20, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #2,712 of 22,021

Early yet but the DX100 is still a beautiful sounding dap, IMO. From what I am hearing I don't think there is much in the DX200's league. I have the Sony 1A with many hours on it and it sounds really good but the DX200 has more power and sounds fuller. I need more hours with them. Surprisingly, I am not running into any real bugs and the scan speed is super fast as is the download to the internal memory. The speed to the to internal memory is faster than to my fast micro SD cards. I didn't believe it at first but loaded a lot of DSD etc, in not too long a time. 

I mainly use the Mango player since it would be the pure music mode from what I can tell and I like playing the music and in Mango this is very straight forward. It is in Android also but I just like Mango. 

That is very encouraging to hear... Me likey full rich sounding players.

Jan 20, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #2,713 of 22,021
The new Fiio X5(iii) just being released now might suit you. I'm seriously considering it and it would be interesting to see some user comparisons prior to purchase.
I put a 256 gig and a 200 gig sd card into the X5III and it works like a charm. Took 10 seconds to read both cards.

Jan 20, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #2,714 of 22,021
Jan 20, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #2,715 of 22,021
I test if I can play with external hdd or not and it scans works successfully with neutron and stock player. However it of course drains battery. So I think I will find some y splitter to use it with power bank. (This is for home set up)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back