DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 20, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #2,686 of 22,021
  Interesting comparison Jamato against the wm1a. I think the 1a can sound leaner on the original settings, but could you put it on high gain, I realized the sound does get considerably fuller esp in the bass and mids. Looking forward to more impressions.

I use everything on high gain. I also use my Utopia to do a lot of the comparison and then an IEM, the JH13 Pro freq phase or the IT03, which holds its own against my custom JH13 Pro. 

Jan 20, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #2,692 of 22,021
What about price?

Jan 20, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #2,694 of 22,021
Jan 20, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #2,696 of 22,021
Jan 20, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #2,697 of 22,021
  64gb for internal memory is very bad..., min 128gb...

Same here, one slot and 64Gb = no go, especially considering the competition in this price bracket.
Seems like a recurrent issue with Chinese DAPs, they always save on memory...

While new smartphones are released with more and more memory each year, DAPs are stuck way behind regarding capacity.
And to make it worse, technical limitations (Android being one) are making 2 slot DAPs more and more uncommon.

Really sorry to see such good specs/design ruined by a limited capacity (for me)... people should realize that a DSD or FLAC library is taking serious space. At least we should have the option to get a memory upgrade, if bigger modules are not available in large quantities.

Jan 20, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #2,699 of 22,021

Same here, one slot and 64Gb = no go, especially considering the competition in this price bracket.
Seems like a recurrent issue with Chinese DAPs, they always save on memory...

While new smartphones are released with more and more memory each year, DAPs are stuck way behind regarding capacity.
And to make it worse, technical limitations (Android being one) are making 2 slot DAPs more and more uncommon.

Really sorry to see such good specs/design ruined by a limited capacity (for me)... people should realize that a DSD or FLAC library is taking serious space. At least we should have the option to get a memory upgrade, if bigger modules are not available in large quantities.

What other DAPs in this price range?
There is literally ZERO daps with coaxial out and tidal support under $1k. (AFAIK, please prove me wrong).

AK doesn't use android does it? As expensive as AK's are, they seem to be one of the few with GOOD UI/UX, especially with tidal/groove etc. Most others just plop you into a 2 year old version of stripped down regular android and let you go. The problem with that is, 10 minutes in, part of my brain will be thinking "geez this android phone really sucks...my nexus is so much better..eww" Really like how AK is doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back