DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 19, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #2,658 of 22,021
  How you get Tidal to DX200 without Google Play store?

On your pc / mac, you go to playstore then search for Tidal. Copy the whole URL (in this case = https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aspiro.tidal) then go to https://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/

Paste the tidal url and click Generate Download link then download it. Now you have tidal APK.

Now to your DX200, go to setting > Security > Unknown sources turn it on.

Plug DX200 to your pc /mac, make sure it's in File Transfers mode then copy / move Tidal APK to where ever you want. Open file explorer, go to where you put APK, then open it. Install >> Enjoy

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #2,659 of 22,021
  On your pc / mac, you go to playstore then search for Tidal. Copy the whole URL (in this case = https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aspiro.tidal) then go to https://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/

Paste the tidal url and click Generate Download link then download it. Now you have tidal APK.

Now to your DX200, go to setting > Security > Unknown sources turn it on.

Plug DX200 to your pc /mac, make sure it's in File Transfers mode then copy / move Tidal APK to where ever you want. Open file explorer, go to where you put APK, then open it. Install >> Enjoy

This is probably a silly question... are we able to also extract PlayStore's APK this way and install it?

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #2,660 of 22,021
This is probably a silly question... are we able to also extract PlayStore's APK this way and install it?

No. I tried install GAPP and it fails at last step. It cannot connect to google server so even you install playstore successful, it is not gonna work. Until ibasso unblock.

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #2,661 of 22,021
Does anyone can install youtube app or any app that can watch youtube? I just installed MX player (APK) and DX200 becomes my mini portable theater. So great haha. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 20, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #2,664 of 22,021
Anyone know if Tidal offline music can be store on the external sd card or only available to store in the DX200 internal drive?

can choose in app setting

Jan 20, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #2,666 of 22,021
Great news that DX200 appeared :))

Has anyone asked Ibasso for MQA support in DX200? With TIDAL streaming MQA music this might be (or may be not) a game changer, as well as another reason to choose DX200.. Or may be even cooperation with TIDAL when TIDAL app comes preinstalled on DX200...

Jan 20, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #2,667 of 22,021
Has anyone asked Ibasso for MQA support in DX200? With TIDAL streaming MQA music this might be (or may be not) a game changer, as well as another reason to choose DX200..

Isn't it Tidal business to support MQA in its own client application?

As I understand, MQA is just one more codec, and its decoder should be implemented on the client side. The client side license is required only to decode, i.e. for Tidal itself, or for an application that is intended to communicate with Tidal server directly. So, nothing to do for iBasso.

Jan 20, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #2,668 of 22,021
Privet :)

Codec support (still unclear where it takes place) could be on TIDAL app (rumours only, still TBC, again rumours - limited to 24/96???), but still there is no mobile app to check that.
It could be on firmware level (still not sure whether certain chips have certain compliance to decode MQA).

As a selling feature (and IBasso is selling at the end :) this could be a good one.

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #2,669 of 22,021
Finally got my DX200, coming with firmware 1.2.44, so no need to update myself, which is great 
wink.gif

One question not sure whether it is asked already: is there any way to disable or lock the volume wheel when the screen is turned off? 

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #2,670 of 22,021
  Finally got my DX200, coming with firmware 1.2.44, so no need to update myself, which is great 
wink.gif

One question not sure whether it is asked already: is there any way to disable or lock the volume wheel when the screen is turned off? 

I have a DX200 now. Excellent by the way. Right now the volume wheel changes the sound with the screen off but maybe there is something in the menu for this, I don't know but the volume change is so small that you would have to move the wheel a lot to cause any problem. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back