DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 19, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #2,626 of 22,019
Interest piqued!

175 pages to read through so here's my dumb questions prior to the researching....

The price of $869 I'm assuming is in US dollars?
Grey is the only colour option. Will other options be offered eventually?
Balanced audio?
Only a single MicroSD card slot?
Replaceable battery?

Again, apologies in advance. Will go checking things out now over coffee...
tongue.gif

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #2,627 of 22,019
Just got the phone call from DHL..my review unit will arrive tomorrow! Can't believe it was shipped yesterday and arriving today.

Thanks Paul.

My unboxing will be first then initial impressions, then testing begins! Very excited about this!

Steve from NYC

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #2,628 of 22,019
Re. Buying for iBasso,

I purchased mine two days ago, I received the PayPal email almost immediately, my iBasso confirmation followed the next day along with a tracking number. My DAP is due for delivery on the 26th :)

Just got the phone call from DHL..my review unit will arrive tomorrow! Can't believe it was shipped yesterday and arriving today.

Thanks Paul.

My unboxing will be first then initial impressions, then testing begins! Very excited about this!

Steve from NYC

We are waiting for your 4k YouTube video unboxing and initial impressions :grin::grin::grin:

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #2,629 of 22,019

Thanks Paul.

Steve from NYC
DHL can be very fast. Hope to read your review.

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #2,630 of 22,019
We are waiting for your 4k YouTube video unboxing and initial impressions :grin::grin::grin:

LOL you got it MD. Not sure how I'm going to get 4K video out of my little iPhone...but hey...I'll try. 
darthsmile.gif

I'll post 3 running reviews...initial impressions, then another one month down the road, and the last 3 months down the road. This way I can document the SQ changes over time. 

As others have said before in the thread...kudo's to iBasso for putting out such a high-end unit that's affordable to the masses.

Steve from NYC

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #2,631 of 22,019

LOL you got it MD. Not sure how I'm going to get 4K video out of my little iPhone...but hey...I'll try. :darthsmile:

I'll post 3 running reviews...initial impressions, then another one month down the road, and the last 3 months down the road. This way I can document the SQ changes over time. 

As others have said before in the thread...kudo's to iBasso for putting out such a high-end unit that's affordable to the masses.

Steve from NYC

720p is good enough and thank you.

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #2,632 of 22,019
Interest piqued!

175 pages to read through so here's my dumb questions prior to the researching....

The price of $869 I'm assuming is in US dollars?
Grey is the only colour option. Will other options be offered eventually?
Balanced audio?
Only a single MicroSD card slot?
Replaceable battery?

Again, apologies in advance. Will go checking things out now over coffee...:p

Yes, the price is USD.
Only one colour option. (no further plans)
Balanced out 2.5mm and optional amp modules coming.
One card slot.
Non user replaceable battery. (If you ever need it changed I assume iBasso can do so when required)

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #2,633 of 22,019
Jan 19, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #2,634 of 22,019
Yes, the price is USD.
Only one colour option. (no further plans)
Balanced out 2.5mm and optional amp modules coming.
One card slot.
Non user replaceable battery. (If you ever need it changed I assume iBasso can do so when required)

Do you know what modules might be coming?
smile.gif

The battery is not replaceable like the DX90 or 50 but much easier when compared to the DX80. We wanted to make sure that for future needs that access wasn't difficult.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 19, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #2,635 of 22,019
Do you know what modules might be coming? :smile:

The battery is not replaceable like the DX90 or 50 but much easier when compared to the DX80. We wanted to make sure that for future needs that access wasn't difficult.

Nope, I have no idea what modules might be coming! I bet someone called Paul knows. :wink:

One thing that's excellent news is the ability to have the user change the battery (if possible to send out). Hats off to the design team for that move, for both iBasso and the end user. Going to save lots of back n forth.

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #2,636 of 22,019
Nope, I have no idea what modules might be coming! I bet someone called Paul knows.
wink.gif

One thing that's excellent news is the ability to have the user change the battery (if possible to send out). Hats off to the design team for that move, for both iBasso and the end user. Going to save lots of back n forth.

I'm sorry I find your response very confusing. This is the quote from Paul - iBasso "The battery is not replaceable like the DX90 or 50 but much easier when compared to the DX80".

But then you responded, "One thing that's excellent news is the ability to have the user change the battery (if possible to send out)". 

How does this reconcile with the battery is not replaceable?

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #2,637 of 22,019
  I'm sorry I find your response very confusing. This is the quote from Paul - iBasso "The battery is not replaceable like the DX90 or 50 but much easier when compared to the DX80".

But then you responded, "One thing that's excellent news is the ability to have the user change the battery (if possible to send out)". 

The battery is replaceable. You have to take out some screws and the back. The access is much easier than the DX80. The DX50 or 90 had a back that slipped off and so the battery was easy to replace. The difference is you have to take screws out of the DX200. The battery we are using in the DX200 is extremely good and should last years under normal use.

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #2,638 of 22,019

If iBasso have made easy access to the battery inside DX200 without damaging any internals easily, it's quite possible they can send a battery to the user to replace themselves. This is a much better alternative than shipping a DX200 unit back to them.

Now, whether iBasso are willing to do this, I don't know yet, we'd need Paul to confirm.

Edit: Paul beat me to it. :)

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #2,639 of 22,019
If iBasso have made easy access to the battery inside DX200 without damaging any internals easily, it's quite possible they can send a battery to the user to replace themselves. This is a much better alternative than shipping a DX200 unit back to them.

Now, whether iBasso are willing to do this, I don't know yet, we'd need Paul to confirm.

It will depend upon the shipping regulations. It is easy for us to make a short video to do this but some countries have made it very difficult to ship batteries if not impossible. For a while there was not problem then no battery not in the device and now a few countries don't allow device with a battery. It will vary and I truly believe that the battery life will be very exceptional. We will always do all we can to help out our customers and even people who are not customers. I have people email me that do not buy our product but ask for some help and I am still happy to help them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back