DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 31, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #1,922 of 22,021
Ordered from Headphoniaks in Spain to UK along with a IT03s but there was a 35€ fee as well..

Was that shipping or tax fee?  If the latter I'm a bit surprised by that as still being in the eu shouldn't of meant any afaik?

Dec 31, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #1,923 of 22,021
Reported Trouble for DX200 in tieba: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4922549500

Using google translate it is just a minor issue, I think.

Dec 31, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #1,924 of 22,021

The sockets on my Sony PHA-3 are like that. It has never been an issue. 

Dec 31, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #1,925 of 22,021

The sockets on my Sony PHA-3 are like that. It has never been an issue. 

To quote Shakespeare: "Much ado about nothing"

I'd rather have sockets protrude 1.5mm, than have weak sockets like Onkyo/Pioneer (although I am told this issue has now been rectified), but the point still stands - a little protrusion is really harmless & irrelevant. What matters is whether they perform their intended function reliably.

Dec 31, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #1,927 of 22,021

To quote Shakespeare: "Much ado about nothing"

I'd rather have sockets protrude 1.5mm, than have weak sockets like Onkyo/Pioneer (although I am told this issue has now been rectified), but the point still stands - a little protrusion is really harmless & irrelevant. What matters is whether they perform their intended function reliably.

I have a couple of amps that have the sockets recessed a little. That Is a hassle because it is easier to lose a good connection as the plug is always on the verge of not making good contact. Anyway, once the DX200 is more in the wild we will know but I am not concerned since the sockets they have been using for some time have proved to be very reliable. 

Dec 31, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #1,928 of 22,021
Yes, there is definitely an advantage of the socket sticking out a little bit - makes attachment more secure.  The socket is soldered to a printed wiring board and takes quite an abuse where after awhile it could shift and loose the alignment with the DAP's shell port cutout.  When it sticks out a little bit, it can't move side-to-side.

Dec 31, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #1,929 of 22,021
  Yes, there is definitely an advantage of the socket sticking out a little bit - makes attachment more secure.  The socket is soldered to a printed wiring board and takes quite an abuse where after awhile it could shift and loose the alignment with the DAP's shell port cutout.  When it sticks out a little bit, it can't move side-to-side.

We also design it this way so that there is no metal to metal contact. With metal to metal it could short the circuit. This prevents that with the insulation gap. It also makes a solid mechanical support as you state.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 31, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #1,930 of 22,021

We also design it this way so that there is no metal to metal contact. With metal to metal it could short the circuit. This prevents that with the insulation gap. It also makes a solid mechanical support as you state.

I remember a competitor's DAP (made from Stainless Steel) that cost 3x as much and had exactly the shorting behaviour described above.

Jan 1, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #1,932 of 22,021
Was that shipping or tax fee?  If the latter I'm a bit surprised by that as still being in the eu shouldn't of meant any afaik?

It is a paypal fee, why so much?

Jan 1, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #1,934 of 22,021
Jan 1, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #1,935 of 22,021

There is simply no yet. The socket and the chassis and the main board are isolated from one another. I need to clarify it though, the design is different, even Sony has the socket a bit outward by the brass ring and then the socket itself as well. They made it look good and not too noticeable though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back