DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 19, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #18,901 of 22,021
I use the same 4.4 into xlr3 for amp setup. Other ways can be used by buying Amp3 and use balanced line out :)
What is the difference between the line out on AMP8 vs line out on the AMP3? They are both line out.

So is there a way to use the DX200 only as a source and dac but not have double amping that ranjitotski refers to?

Nov 19, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #18,903 of 22,021
AMP3 does have li e out, amp8 don't. It's just a phone out.
Oh. I thought the AMP8 had a Line Out combined with HP Out but now that I think about it, I don't think that would be possible (or make sense).

1) I guess using the Line Out on the AMP1 and AMP3 would be better to pair up with the desktop amps then?

2) And would the Line Out on the AMP3 be a balanced 2.5 and would that be better than the Line Out from AMP1?

Nov 19, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #18,904 of 22,021
Oh. I thought the AMP8 had a Line Out combined with HP Out but now that I think about it, I don't think that would be possible (or make sense).

1) I guess using the Line Out on the AMP1 and AMP3 would be better to pair up with the desktop amps then?

2) And would the Line Out on the AMP3 be a balanced 2.5 and would that be better than the Line Out from AMP1?

1/ if you hear the differences, which I don’t

2/ yes, line out on Amp3 is better than Line out on Amp1 because Amp1 line out is single ended 3.5mm. But the Amp3 is in general sound better than Amp1. I modified my Amp3 and i would still use Amp8 phone out into my desktop amp

Line-out is usually having maximum of 1Vrms, but nowadays technology has improved so much that even DAC out is rated at 5Vrms such as in the case of the LKS004 as following this manual
http://www.mu-sound.com/files/MH-DA004.pdf

So then again, trust your ears, because that is what all this hobby is about....technology and other things is second priority :)

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #18,906 of 22,021
Hi guys, I wanted to once again raise the topic of rattling cymbals... It's a bit annoying, and I'm not sure is it the recording quality or the DAP. And if it's the DAP, why nobody ever writes about that in reviews? Because the cymbals do rattle! What might be the cause of that? You might try Eric Johnson Live in Europe for reference. Overall SQ there is very good, and cymbals a crisp, but certain cymbals... they just rattle, and are grainy, and one can clearly hear it. Or perhaps they are supposed to sound like that? Do you hear that? I mean, I really enjoy my DX208+Andro, but these cymbals... Perhaps I should try iFi iE Match, and it helps? Or should I replace the Andro? Or perhaps I should go for a a higher end DAP to rid me of rattling cymbals? Thank you, I will appreciate any reply and opinion!

Nov 19, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #18,907 of 22,021
How is your Amp8 with Dx150 :) ? I don’t have one and I am curious lol

It sounds fantastic! Although no where near as good as the DX200, they're simply not in the same league to my ears!

Nov 19, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #18,908 of 22,021
Hi guys, I wanted to once again raise the topic of rattling cymbals... It's a bit annoying, and I'm not sure is it the recording quality or the DAP. And if it's the DAP, why nobody ever writes about that in reviews? Because the cymbals do rattle! What might be the cause of that? You might try Eric Johnson Live in Europe for reference. Overall SQ there is very good, and cymbals a crisp, but certain cymbals... they just rattle, and are grainy, and one can clearly hear it. Or perhaps they are supposed to sound like that? Do you hear that? I mean, I really enjoy my DX208+Andro, but these cymbals... Perhaps I should try iFi iE Match, and it helps? Or should I replace the Andro? Or perhaps I should go for a a higher end DAP to rid me of rattling cymbals? Thank you, I will appreciate any reply and opinion!
I also have the Andro and for me, while good, is not the best pairing. I use Low Gain mode and Filter 4 with AMP8. Having said that, I prefer AMP4 much more with Andro, better musicality & liquidity. Music sounds clearer at the expense of some sub-bass.Just my two cents

Nov 19, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #18,909 of 22,021
I love DX200Ti so very much, and this is how I demonstrate my love for her :

After all, what is a better DAP that can do DSD512 natively even with USB DAC feature ? Swapping amp modules, and ES9028Pro by 2X ? None! Not even AK expensive DAP

38730EE5-67E8-4D33-9E99-CAAC4C2265EA.jpeg

Nov 19, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #18,910 of 22,021

After all, what is a better DAP that can do DSD512 natively even with USB DAC feature ? Swapping amp modules, and ES9028Pro by 2X ? None! Not even AK expensive DAP

You had a new finish put on it?

The DX200 is a warrior. I am using mine line out to a discrete high end amp and the sound is exceptional. Open, airy, layered. . . . on and on. I sometimes look at it and wonder if something is wrong, how can it sound this good and keep sounding this good. Is it a trick? lol Then on the go or at the desk, phone out, just good stuff.

Nov 19, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #18,911 of 22,021

The DX200 is a warrior. I am using mine line out to a discrete high end amp and the sound is exceptional. Open, airy, layered. . . . on and on. I sometimes look at it and wonder if something is wrong, how can it sound this good and keep sounding this good. Is it a trick? lol Then on the go or at the desk, phone out, just good stuff.

That is just Amp8 body :D
Yeah, I defintely agree, I sometime mistaken dx200 for being my dedicated desktop DAC...just because it sound so awesome. I got tricked by it from times to time

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #18,912 of 22,021

That is just Amp8 body :D
Yeah, I defintely agree, I sometime mistaken dx200 for being my dedicated desktop DAC...just because it sound so awesome. I got tricked by it from times to time

Agreed. I am already excited with DX200TI and fully mod amp8 through EA Eros II 8. My next excitement will be using DX200TI/amp 8 connected with Dynalo amp to listen with SR1 in balanced mode. :L3000:

Nov 19, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #18,913 of 22,021

Do you plug the Andromeda directly to the DX200 without any output impedance adapter (iFi Earbuddy or iFi IEMatch)? Even with AMP8, i had to buy one and now my Andromeda can perform exactly as it should be. There are some reviews which said that the IEMatch is very important for Andromeda, here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ifi-audio-iematch-headphone-travel-accessory.22072/reviews

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #18,915 of 22,021
I wanted to bring about that Timbres and transient energy from WM1Z, but still retaining the airy, immersive and expansive soundstage with improvement upon the abysmal depth and greater bass articulation and greater sense of control. I got it and some more....What is even better ? If WM1Z was slightly warmer in it ways to achieve the timbres density and realism, DX200Ti is achieving it but with the senses of neutrality and transparency.

DX200Ti has so much capability!!

D1CA3BD0-7A26-4C14-BB95-A6FAC33C702D.jpeg E9B02F6A-A8D1-49EB-9493-60E077B885BF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back