DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 24, 2018 at 5:58 AM Post #18,541 of 22,021
guys, why bother with this format, isn't it a gimmick? one can hardly hear any sound difference, also it's oversized and making devices discharge faster! no?

Oct 24, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #18,543 of 22,021
guys, why bother with this format, isn't it a gimmick? one can hardly hear any sound difference, also it's oversized and making devices discharge faster! no?
I was able to hear a subtle difference with my Sony MDR-Z1R (blacker background mainly), but I didn't find it worth the storage and battery drain. You can always up-sample a FLAC song for free and hear for yourself. Use a song you are very familiar with.

Paul - iBasso recommends to leave the DX200 plugged in the charger, while fully charged, when listening to DSD512. The high battery drain affects all portable devices. Don't bother with DSD512 when you're on the go.

Oct 24, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #18,546 of 22,021
Thank you to all, I now back to old stable official 6.01 firmware and download only official updates. no again experiments! no google play store and playback only purchased and downloaded albums in qobuz, with amtra and DSD128 rebuild albums in xivero programs... not again fail experiments with my device and only playback standard with or without mango or hear music plug-in USB Cable to DAC mode for imac... Bye all!

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #18,548 of 22,021
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 26, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #18,554 of 22,021
My Dx204S don't charge anymore :disappointed_relieved:
Contacted Paul but the real question is, how can I survive without it if I have to send it back? :astonished:
I had a problem with the battery draining really fast after 50%, turned out there was an issue with the battery. Emailed Ibasso about the issue and they sent over a replacement battery no questions asked. Installed battery myself (easy) and now working perfectly. Great support Ibasso!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back