DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 22, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #18,526 of 22,021
when turning on USB DAC from the USB Audio app menu, DX200 plays at 100% volume
Thank you, I'll check it. Frankly, never tried this under 8.1, and no a beta tester reported :frowning2:

Oct 23, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #18,531 of 22,021
Awesome! Thank you @Lurker0 for fixing the DSD512 playback ability on the Dx200. Pure Mango is awesome again!

I installed the Beta and was not able to play DSD512. Now I flashed Lurker Bootloader which was very straight forward. I then followed the Device ID registration to google store for my account, and now I can log-in, and use Google playstore too! Which was previously not able to officially done so. I can not thanks @Lurker0 enough for this. My Dx200Ti is now an official Google device.

Next up, my DSD512 is fixed! Oh...goodness....how I have missed it.

Hi @Whitigir ,
which dsd512 track did you used? Usually I find music until 256.
Did you see some difference with lower format?(maybe, if you had the chance, to compare the same track from the same master 512 vs lower format)

thanks

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #18,532 of 22,021
I've been finding the SQ under 8.1 with Lurker's Addon no different/better, and possibly very slightly less impactfull compared to the previous firmware (I was using Lurker's modded V2.10.215-L0).

I'm using Amp8 with the IT04s.

I find I have to turn the volume up higher than before as the sound is also not as loud for a given setting as before. Have tried mainly Flac, AAC and HiRes Flac with a bit of DSD. I've only been using pure Mango.

Perhaps I am experiencing a reverse placebo effect?

Oct 23, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #18,533 of 22,021
I've been finding the SQ under 8.1 with Lurker's Addon no different/better, and possibly very slightly less impactfull compared to the previous firmware (I was using Lurker's modded V2.10.215-L0).

I'm using Amp8 with the IT04s.

I find I have to turn the volume up higher than before as the sound is also not as loud for a given setting as before. Have tried mainly Flac, AAC and HiRes Flac with a bit of DSD. I've only been using pure Mango.

Perhaps I am experiencing a reverse placebo effect?
Maybe reverse. :^) I wasn't expecting anything, just a new Android system but for me, without a doubt, I noticed an improvement in sound. It was stated somewhere that a shorter path for the signal is used so that alone would seem to change the sound and there were some other changes in the way the signal is handled.

Oct 23, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #18,534 of 22,021
Would the DX150 + AMP8 claw close to the DX200 or would it better to get the stock DX200 outright?
The difference most likely to be audible is the details which the DX200 does provide more details that can be called relatively superior fidelity. But the textures of them are difference. Some may find DX150 softer than DX200, more comfortable in other word. It just depends on listening preferences.

Oct 23, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #18,535 of 22,021
Thanks for the reply !
I'd like to test it before but unfortunately I can't find any shop near wich demo the DX200...
My main use will be FLAC files on micro SD + Spotify premium, from what I read the DX200 seems like the perfect deal (for me).
The Quad dac LG G6 sound quality is fine but I'm really looking for more details / soundstage / clarity
Neutron was the music app I had been using since Samsung Galaxy Note 2 until Note 3 (then I became an Apple fan)
It was really glad seeing it support the DX200 with an exclusive driver that makes the native DSD mode work.

Oct 23, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #18,536 of 22,021
Not sure if this was mentioned before, but have any of you noticed that the right channel and the left channel replace each other when playing some hi-res files (e.g. 24/192 or 24/96 flac) on mango mode?
This problem occurs only in mango player on mango mode, and never happens when running on Andorid mode, using whatever players.

Oct 24, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #18,537 of 22,021
Hello I today push to playback songs in mango mode and again test my DSD 512 album... again result is big fail! device is very heat, big drained the battery! sound is better, but still flat without pure highs on my shure se 846! mid is to much sharp and not clear, bass nothing have depth and nice attack... iBasso DX200 is not portable DSD 512 player! again test flac file and sound is still flat but device is not overheated... filters not function after playback... after check, only hear pop and nothing chhange... equalizer still go to flat position, after player go to next song! i am very disappointed! (AMP8 with shure se846 in balanced silver cable) after now go to android mode, any player does not play stable DSD512 file... sound again and again have pops and scratch...

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #18,538 of 22,021
Hello I today push to playback songs in mango mode and again test my DSD 512 album... again result is big fail! device is very heat, big drained the battery and sound is nice but still flat without pure highs on my shure se 846! mid is to much sharp and bass nottinghame but not nice depth attack... iBasso DX200 is not portable DSD 512 player! again test flac file and sound is still flat but device is not overheated... i am disappointed!
Sell it and move on.

Oct 24, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #18,540 of 22,021
I thought he sold it already and replaced by LG because of tidal

No, I changed Tidal for this qobuz store. https://www.qobuz.com/de-de/shop this store not available to slovakia, I must use VPN to registered in the shop and now able store work without VPN... I buy album on this store, download flac version and remake flac album to DSD512 in xivero program... next go to mango mode and test sound.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back