DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 19, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #17,461 of 22,021
By the way: did you try to compress your DSD512 with WavPack? AFAIK Neutron supports it, but I never tried myself. WavPack should save a lot of space, and produce less load on the SD-card as well.

Edit: Just recalled I've already mentioned it, but you never reacted...

My apologies, I am very slow with software and firmware stuff :frowning2:. I will get around it someday, or maybe someone else can try it

I am struggling to find out why 768KHz out as usb connection doesn’t work with windows 10 :frowning2:

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #17,464 of 22,021
I LOVE my DX200Ti but am annoyed that it hisses with my Phantom (especially given that the total investment in the setup is not insignificant). When I pair with my Shure SE215, no hiss at all, though.

Any possible solutions other than the IEMatch adapter that supposedly changes the SQ and colors the sound?

Would it be possible to do a hardware mod? @Whitigir

Or perhaps a software mod? My Hibino R10 (Japanese DX100) had 3 settings for gain (low, medium, high) and the low had the lowest hiss of all. Is it possible to make an "ultra low" gain mode then? @Lurker0
Interesting. I have no hiss at all in Hi gain with the volume turned up to 150. I have the Noble Encores.

Sep 19, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #17,467 of 22,021
Well here's another one...

Not mine. Just saw on Canuck Audio Mart. Considering the $600 cost, I figured I'd post here and possibly someone looking for a used DX200 w/Amp4 might get a better deal than what's available on HF. Screen is scratched though. I bet Paul would send you a new one on the cheap if you asked nicely...so be handy. If you're worried about international shipping, I wouldn't. Canadians like most round the world have to purchase a lot of product from outside our country, so we're pretty good at understanding customs concerns $$$...plus we're nice.
https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/det...200-with-amp-4-module-and-ca-02-4-mm-adapter/

Speaking to modding Amp 8 really quickly. I'm of the frame of mind that once a company decides to implement a $10 Jap cap in a $200 product*, they have then won my trust in the rest of their component decisions. Sure you can toss cap options in her, but at what cost, at what cost I say??.....Oh, just a few bucks?? Proceed then.

* That's gotta be a record for cap cost relative to product cost

Sep 19, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #17,470 of 22,021
Well here's another one...

Not mine. Just saw on Canuck Audio Mart. Considering the $600 cost, I figured I'd post here and possibly someone looking for a used DX200 w/Amp4 might get a better deal than what's available on HF. Screen is scratched though. I bet Paul would send you a new one on the cheap if you asked nicely...so be handy. If you're worried about international shipping, I wouldn't. Canadians like most round the world have to purchase a lot of product from outside our country, so we're pretty good at understanding customs concerns $$$...plus we're nice.
https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/det...200-with-amp-4-module-and-ca-02-4-mm-adapter/

Speaking to modding Amp 8 really quickly. I'm of the frame of mind that once a company decides to implement a $10 Jap cap in a $200 product*, they have then won my trust in the rest of their component decisions. Sure you can toss cap options in her, but at what cost, at what cost I say??.....Oh, just a few bucks?? Proceed then.

* That's gotta be a record for cap cost relative to product cost

If you want the best of the best SQ you got to spend more money to find rare caps like BGs N or NX type (red in colors). I saw an used pair of them cost ~$100 but be careful don’t get the counterfeit ones. Few bucks of caps are not worth to practice your soldering skills. :wink:

Sep 19, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #17,471 of 22,021
Sep 19, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #17,474 of 22,021
$1200 for a minty LTPG on Flea Bay. Less that the Ti. Is it better? I have no idea.
Lotoo Paw Gold Touch, it is retailing $2,600 in China. Rumoring to be $3,100 in the US with Trump Tariff and so on ?

It can upsample by it own OS with FPGA and the uses of AKM-DSP chip.

Can it be better ? No clues.

7B73AF04-BFBD-43B8-AC32-EEF2A21A8B03.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #17,475 of 22,021
Yeah, that was a joke, probably they jump to LPGT
Lol you aiming at me? I love fancy gold knobs oooh yea come to papa sweety...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back