DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 18, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #17,446 of 22,021
I LOVE my DX200Ti but am annoyed that it hisses with my Phantom (especially given that the total investment in the setup is not insignificant). When I pair with my Shure SE215, no hiss at all, though.

Any possible solutions other than the IEMatch adapter that supposedly changes the SQ and colors the sound?

Would it be possible to do a hardware mod? @Whitigir

Or perhaps a software mod? My Hibino R10 (Japanese DX100) had 3 settings for gain (low, medium, high) and the low had the lowest hiss of all. Is it possible to make an "ultra low" gain mode then? @Lurker0

Sep 18, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #17,447 of 22,021
I LOVE my DX200Ti but am annoyed that it hisses with my Phantom (especially given that the total investment in the setup is not insignificant). When I pair with my Shure SE215, no hiss at all, though.

Any possible solutions other than the IEMatch adapter that supposedly changes the SQ and colors the sound?

Or perhaps a software mod? My Hibino R10 (Japanese DX100) had 3 settings for gain (low, medium, high) and the low had the lowest hiss of all. Is it possible to make an "ultra low" gain mode then? @Lurker0

Whaaaaat it hisses I knew ittt. i was not imaginating hisss daaang.

Thanks for sharing :]

Sep 19, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #17,451 of 22,021

Sadly, it is a thing that happens when a device is being connected to multiple drivers gears (headphones or in ear), that has a cross over unit. Every devices (players, DAP) will have it and nothing is immune from it. It doesn’t mean that as expensive as SP1000 will not hiss with your Phantom either. Back when AK380 released, many people heard it hissing with SE846, and there were nothing either Shure, nor A&K can do something about it. You just have to move away from either the DAP or your gears (your choices)

In your situation, you alread hear that your single driver unit 215 do not have any hisses. This, is your most solid proof of this problem I am trying to say

Your best bet is to try out the combination. If it doesn’t work, you just need to give one up.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #17,454 of 22,021
wow I just did a dsd512 conversion bloody 22gb it ended at. 2 albums on the internal storage if that's the size im going to need more cards :ksc75smile:

Sep 19, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #17,458 of 22,021
It would swallow Tb cards ! Lol...I hardly fit 400Gb and 256Gb with it. But it is totally worth it!

400gb are still expensive are they not?

Sep 19, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #17,460 of 22,021
It would swallow Tb cards
By the way: did you try to compress your DSD512 with WavPack? AFAIK Neutron supports it, but I never tried myself. WavPack should save a lot of space, and produce less load on the SD-card as well.

Edit: Just recalled I've already mentioned it, but you never reacted...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back