1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
  1. pali
    I LOVE my DX200Ti but am annoyed that it hisses with my Phantom (especially given that the total investment in the setup is not insignificant). When I pair with my Shure SE215, no hiss at all, though.

Any possible solutions other than the IEMatch adapter that supposedly changes the SQ and colors the sound?

Would it be possible to do a hardware mod? @Whitigir

Or perhaps a software mod? My Hibino R10 (Japanese DX100) had 3 settings for gain (low, medium, high) and the low had the lowest hiss of all. Is it possible to make an "ultra low" gain mode then? @Lurker0

jasonho and Vitaly2017 like this.
  2. Vitaly2017

Whaaaaat it hisses I knew ittt. i was not imaginating hisss daaang.

Thanks for sharing :]

3. BLmusic
    May I know with Amp8 how many hour of play time can you achieved?

4. iranonfr
    From 6 with sine to almost 8 with w500.

5. BLmusic
    Thank you for your quick response,
    May I know what is your volume level and is it with low gain?

6. Whitigir
    Sadly, it is a thing that happens when a device is being connected to multiple drivers gears (headphones or in ear), that has a cross over unit. Every devices (players, DAP) will have it and nothing is immune from it. It doesn’t mean that as expensive as SP1000 will not hiss with your Phantom either. Back when AK380 released, many people heard it hissing with SE846, and there were nothing either Shure, nor A&K can do something about it. You just have to move away from either the DAP or your gears (your choices)

In your situation, you alread hear that your single driver unit 215 do not have any hisses. This, is your most solid proof of this problem I am trying to say

Your best bet is to try out the combination. If it doesn’t work, you just need to give one up.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    chaiyuta likes this.
  7. iranonfr
    W500 low level 80. Audeze Sine high gain and 100/110.

8. Glasha
    Is there a "search" option in the pure Mango mode?

9. alan_g
    wow I just did a dsd512 conversion bloody 22gb it ended at. 2 albums on the internal storage if that's the size im going to need more cards :ksc75smile:

HungryPanda likes this.
  10. Whitigir
    It would swallow Tb cards ! Lol...I hardly fit 400Gb and 256Gb with it. But it is totally worth it!

11. iranonfr
    No, or it is well hidden. You can sort by song name, artist, album name or type and the scrollbar efficient.

Glasha likes this.
  12. Whitigir
    Probably need Lurker to pull it out, you mean ? Lol

13. alan_g
    400gb are still expensive are they not?

14. Whitigir
    Not as it used to be. I snatched them on Amazon primeday and it was $140 or whatever

alan_g likes this.
  15. Lurker0
    By the way: did you try to compress your DSD512 with WavPack? AFAIK Neutron supports it, but I never tried myself. WavPack should save a lot of space, and produce less load on the SD-card as well.

Edit: Just recalled I've already mentioned it, but you never reacted...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018