DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 25, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #15,647 of 22,021
Try them all for yourself :). I did, and as much as I like to cheap out in space, I had to give in for DSD512 :D

Heat dissipation is nothing really to be worrying about, just take it out of the leather case, set it on a cool surface, and you can listen for 4+ hours before you need to charge it again. Find me another DAP that can do this.....and driving HD800S to a satisfying level.

Haha I am scared of trying DSD512 because I might not be happy with PSM after I hear it. It's like I'm happily addicted to cocaine (PSM) right now but people say that there's this thing called crack cocaine (DSD512) going around. and this new thing is much better but costs you more (space) and might not be as healthy in the long run (heat) :p

The truth is that any delta-sigma DACs do the same math inside, with up to 8x oversampling. So, converts to DSD64 and DSD128 should be no better, a slight improvement with DSD256 because of more precision of the offline process, and only DSD512 is high above the DACs internal convertor.

But native recordings in DSD64 are much better than 16/44 PCM, analog recordings sampled to DSD128 directly are almost ideal (better than 24/192 made on the same equipment), DSD256 improves in selected recordings, and DSD512 does not justify resources. I tell you that from experience of listening vynil and tape rips, including 38-76 ips 1/2" tapes. For modern digital recordings, DSD128 is just enough because of the source and the process resolutions.

Well noted and this helps a lot, thanks! I think I'll stay with PSM for now.

Jul 25, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #15,648 of 22,021
On a separate note, I just got my DX200Ti. AMP1Ti is something special, CLEAN, airy, engaging, fast, punchy, less hiss too. I'm enjoying it so far even more than DX200 + AMP8 (which I have been listening to lately and have found so smooth when paired with the Phantoms that I fall asleep 9 times out of 10).

Did I read somewhere that the DX200Ti box was different? Mine was in the same box as the original one.

Where can I find the serial number? Is it not the number on the box? I bet we could figure out the max and min of the numbers and figure out which one we have of the 66.

Jul 25, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #15,650 of 22,021
On a separate note, I just got my DX200Ti. AMP1Ti is something special, CLEAN, airy, engaging, fast, punchy, less hiss too. I'm enjoying it so far even more than DX200 + AMP8 (which I have been listening to lately and have found so smooth when paired with the Phantoms that I fall asleep 9 times out of 10).

Did I read somewhere that the DX200Ti box was different? Mine was in the same box as the original one.

Where can I find the serial number? Is it not the number on the box? I bet we could figure out the max and min of the numbers and figure out which one we have of the 66.

Congratulation ! Are you in the US ? Just curious as I saw people post no dealer in the us actually carry it.

Welcome to the club, and enjoy the music

Jul 25, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #15,651 of 22,021

You might give a try the EA Aries II 8 wired since I have heard that cables match pretty well with Phantom. The DX200/amp8–> Aries II 4 wired—> Spartans woke me up so many times at night?!

Jul 25, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #15,653 of 22,021
Congratulation ! Are you in the US ? Just curious as I saw people post no dealer in the us actually carry it.

Welcome to the club, and enjoy the music

I am in the US and was able to get one of the last few units because of @aaf evo . It arrived on Monday but I was out on vacation til Tuesday.

Enjoying the DAP so much that I am looking for more stuff to listen to. Super excited to hear how it burns in and how it pairs with the AMP8.

You might give a try the EA Aries II 8 wired since I have heard that cables match pretty well with Phantom. The DX200/amp8–> Aries II 4 wired—> Spartans woke me up so many times at night?!

Will do! Ares 8 wire has been on my "to try" list. I'm currently waiting for my Penon OS849 to arrive and hope it pairs well with the AMP1Ti and AMP8.

Haven't heard the Spartans but you have me intrigued! Am on the EE demo tour and looking forward to hearing how the Bravado and ESR pair with the DX200Ti.

Jul 25, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #15,654 of 22,021
I've been listening to the TiDX200 w/Ti AMP1 with my Shure KSE 1200 via the line out and volume around 145...and it was hard to get any work done...

Billy Joel sounded like he was right in front of me...bass was hitting hard and that is so unlike the Shures KSEs. The overall presence (for lack of a better term) was visceral; definitely not analytical...hard to describe.

I did try some DSD512 conversions and they sound very good; also with visceral bass slams - I was shocked that I could get that type of bass from the Shures...

Interesting...

Jul 25, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #15,657 of 22,021
Anyone got a 512 track so I can try with the dx200?

I don't know how to convert my music files properly. But first I'd like to see what this fuzz about 512 is. Please help
What kind of music do you listen to? I can send you one of mine.... or If you forward one of your tracks to me I'll convert it.

Jul 26, 2018 at 3:46 AM Post #15,660 of 22,021
I've been listening to the TiDX200 w/Ti AMP1 with my Shure KSE 1200 via the line out and volume around 145...and it was hard to get any work done...

Billy Joel sounded like he was right in front of me...bass was hitting hard and that is so unlike the Shures KSEs. The overall presence (for lack of a better term) was visceral; definitely not analytical...hard to describe.

I did try some DSD512 conversions and they sound very good; also with visceral bass slams - I was shocked that I could get that type of bass from the Shures...

Interesting

Now you see why this feature needs to be highlighted and widespread :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back