DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 21, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #15,422 of 22,021
Sure jump on the bandwagon why don’t ya!! :p But be careful! There’s a dap ninja at the tikki bar who wants to rip your heart out @cj3209
Ehhh...my SP1000 is still with Aandwhatever for another 3 weeks...
giphy.gif

Jul 21, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #15,423 of 22,021
Hi everybody, I'm about to order a DX200 and need advice on how to burn it in properly. I mean, I know how it works, but is it ok to leave it running non-stop for a week? Isn't it dangerous for the item?
I also wanted to buy an extra amp, and was thinking about Amp4 as I read it was probably the best and had the largest soundstage. But it's not available locally and I thought maybe I should get Amp8. And I use Andromeda. What do you guys think about Amp8 against Amp4 and it's pairing with Andromeda? I tried to read the thread and it's a bit overwhelming. I would appreciate any comment, thanks in advance!

Amp4 has been listed for sale here in the classifieds by one fellow member. So get it if you want one.

Certain iem/headphone go well with certain amps.

So it is better to have amp4 and amp8 if you can afford both.

Dx200 playing 320kbps mp3 files gets noticeably hot with amp1, amp4 and amp4s.

And the battery life is around 8 hrs.

I found the dx200 + amp4 to have a sound quality comparable to chord Hugo 1.

But dx200 is all in one unit. And multiple amps to swap it with. So I'm sure it will meet or best sp1000 or Hugo 2 or whatever.

And all this for a more budget friendly price than the other two. Can't lose with dx200.

I haven't bought amp8. And don't intend to as amp4 and amp4s meets all my requirements

Jul 21, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #15,424 of 22,021
...So I'm sure it will meet or best sp1000 or Hugo 2 or whatever.
Can we try to be a little more objective? Have you actually listened to an SP1000 or H2?

Whatever?

:L3000:

Jul 21, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #15,425 of 22,021
Wow. Bad news: I sold my DX200. My SP1000 is in the shop. All I have is my trusty AK240 for portable use.

Good news: my Ti DX208 is coming Monday.

9heh.gif

Jul 21, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #15,426 of 22,021
Can we try to be a little more objective? Have you actually listened to an SP1000 or H2?

Whatever?

How convenient to take only a portion of the sentence and show it out of context!

"And multiple amps to swap it with. So I'm sure it will meet or best sp1000 or Hugo 2 or whatever."

With those multiple amps that's available now and some more in the near future it is quite likely that dx200 can meet or exceed those super expensive daps in sound quality.

And as I mentioned in that message, I owned Chord Hugo 1 and have compared it to dx200.

Also I didn't say it meets or bests those daps. I only mentioned that "I'm sure it can".

Have fun with your hair splitting if that's what gives you the high. :)

Jul 21, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #15,427 of 22,021
Guys, I am listing my Dx200 that comes with Amp4S as well at a good price.

I won’t be disclosing details about comparison between Titanium VS regular. Because there is no point.

All I can say is that the Titanium is a Limited Edition that is sold out of stock, and it is a worthy special existence to prove how far Ibasso can do. This is also a very exciting confirmations of how good Ibasso is as both a company and enthusiast. That if you can, support Ibasso as much as you can for 2 reasons: Ibasso will never rip off the customers, and Ibasso is always striving for improvements. I can not stop thinking about what future developments Ibasso will bring to us, the enthusiasts

Another reason to be Ibasso fan: if you are a reasonable customer with reasonable expectations, Ibasso may even surpass your expectations. I do not see from any others so called high-end companies (keep in mind the key word “reasonable” as I have seen out of the sane territory “expectations”)

Jul 21, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #15,428 of 22,021
How convenient to take only a portion of the sentence and show it out of context!

"And multiple amps to swap it with. So I'm sure it will meet or best sp1000 or Hugo 2 or whatever."

With those multiple amps that's available now and some more in the near future it is quite likely that dx200 can meet or exceed those super expensive daps in sound quality.

And as I mentioned in that message, I owned Chord Hugo 1 and have compared it to dx200.

Also I didn't say it meets or bests those daps. I only mentioned that "I'm sure it can".

Neither Sp1000 Nor Hugo 2...let alone Mojo can Pump out the Driving power of Ibasso Amp Modules.....and the Amp8 with 2700mAh current and 1.2W in total driving power it is insane!!

I keep repeating this, but Dx200 and Ibasso only disclose Measured specs and not Calculated theory specs. The 125 Dynamic Range is unachievable by SP1000 or anything Astel and Kern....Cross Talk is also -120Db which is Excellent for measured outcome. I have the rights to be skeptical about SP1000 and others companies to disclosed crosstalk specs > -120Db or Dynamic Range >125 Db

Just specs talk, nothing more than that

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #15,432 of 22,021
if I understand correctly there is no big difference in level don between the dx200 and the dx200ti?
There is never any Upgraded DX200. The normal Dx200 is already a good performer that does everything very well. The Dx200Ti is only a special editions that has specials upgrades done to it, and it sounds different (better) than the regular Dx200.

Is it a huge upgrade ?

Depends on how you look at it. Price to performances ratio ? Nope, it is not huge at all in comparison of normal Dx200 price to Ti price. But if you look at it under a hardcore enthusiasts point of view ? Sure, it is considerable. Because if you want something like a Dx200, but better ? There can only be Dx200CU (unconfirmed by me) and Dx200Ti

Jul 21, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #15,435 of 22,021

Nah, hopefully once my TiDX208 comes in, THEN I can get my high...just picked up some new music from Alison Lau, Imagine Dragons and Emile-Claire Barlow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back