DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 12, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #9,961 of 22,021
Alright so any idea about the AK240/240SS deal if they are still worth it? Actually when they came out 2-3 years ago they were the best but i am hoping and praying that they are truly outclassed by the dx200 now

AK240 is for vocal and jazz. Only If you enjoy polite EDM/Rock.

Nov 12, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #9,962 of 22,021
Update Log for latest FW.

Official Link: http://ibasso.cn/?p=2272

Updated as follows:
01. Solved the Android system, the list loop, a small probability of playing automatically suspended;
02. Solved the Android system, long press the folder can not play subfolders songs;
03. Solved the Android system, From MangoPlayer switch to third-party APK player software, a small probability of third-party player silent problem
04. Solve the Android system, exit the player process notification bar still displays the music name problem;
05. Solved the Android system,
06. Solve the Android system, the song is played by the media pause button, a small probability of failure, there is a pause for a few seconds and automatically play the problem;
07. Solve the problem of scanning and then re-scanning the song scan, and optimize the scan rate; Android system, shutdown and then reboot, a small probability of reducing the number of songs, the need to re-scan the problem
08. Solve the Android system, some of the source song information garbled problem;
09. Solved the Android system, the list of artists Part shows the actual number of songs is inconsistent (part of the source is not displayed) problem
10. The system solves the Android, random play mode the song will be a high probability the same problem of continuous playback of the song;
11. solves the Android system, when the player using the fast forward, rewind function, fast stepping rate problems;
12 Solved the Android system, under the desktop or third-party APP to adjust the volume will block the status bar volume display (has adjusted the location of the original volume bar)
13. Solved the Android system, some of the source song when the progress bar Will jump to a random time to return to 0;
14. Solve the Android system, the equalizer settings are not remembered, there rebalance equalizer is turned off or inconsistent with the mode before restart
15. Solved the Android / Mango system, some of the audio source in the equalizer will be open error / restart problem;
16. Solved the Android / Mango system, DSD audio files greater than 2G probability can not play the problem of
17. Optimization Mango system, the continuous click on the next song, switch the song number is inconsistent and easy to Caton problem;
18. Solved Mango system, playing the entire ISO soundtrack file, in the song list or playback interface, click to view the song Information, there reboot or stuck problem;
19. Optimized Mango system, system information version number inconsistency with the Android system
20. Optimized the Mango system, left and right sliding fluency

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #9,963 of 22,021
AK240 is for vocal and jazz. Only If you enjoy polite EDM/Rock.

That’s not my cup of tea then....dx200 with amp1 might still do the trick for edm/vocals/rock to a good degree if not exceptionally well...the only problem is I cant audition these DAPs I have to rely on community feedback and professional reviews alone and that’s exactly how I bought the se846.

Nov 12, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #9,964 of 22,021
According to the official and community reviews sony’s WM1Z the rich and warm sounding DAP is the one that seems to match my listening taste better than others but it costs 3x as much as dx200 if not more...any idea how it compares to DX200 with AMP3? I have found a feedback related to amp1 where its more analytical and revealing compared to smooth and warm wm1z I was wondering if amp3 makes it sound closer to the sony

Nov 12, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #9,965 of 22,021
That’s not my cup of tea then....dx200 with amp1 might still do the trick for edm/vocals/rock to a good degree if not exceptionally well...the only problem is I cant audition these DAPs I have to rely on community feedback and professional reviews alone and that’s exactly how I bought the se846.

If you are using single ended, then AMP2 might be a good choice as it adds a little oomph in the low register. As for 2.5 TRRS, you might be happy with AMP1 or AMP3. Otherwise, you might want to wait for what the AMP5 could offer.

As for me, I use AMP2 with CA Vega and JHA Angie II. So far I have no problem in listening variety of musics (top 40, classic, rock, jazz, bossa) with the DX200.

Anyway, if you are looking for bass, you might want to try AK Kann? I have not myself, but people said that the mid and bass is good.

Nov 12, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #9,966 of 22,021
According to the official and community reviews sony’s WM1Z the rich and warm sounding DAP is the one that seems to match my listening taste better than others but it costs 3x as much as dx200 if not more...any idea how it compares to DX200 with AMP3? I have found a feedback related to amp1 where its more analytical and revealing compared to smooth and warm wm1z I was wondering if amp3 makes it sound closer to the sony
I would go with the AMP3 for a little less analytic sound but with great separation and dynamics. To my ears the top players regardless of price are the SP1000, WM1Z and the DX200.

Nov 12, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #9,967 of 22,021
Use google translate the link. It is there.

Updated the Google Drive Download link.
Sadly i'm at work...if I tried that, I may get fired :wink:. Thx for copying/pasting the changelog here.

Nov 12, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #9,968 of 22,021
Sadly i'm at work...if I tried that, I may get fired :wink:. Thx for copying/pasting the changelog here.

I am at work also. Thankfully Not quite strict though.

Nov 12, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #9,969 of 22,021
If you are using single ended, then AMP2 might be a good choice as it adds a little oomph in the low register. As for 2.5 TRRS, you might be happy with AMP1 or AMP3. Otherwise, you might want to wait for what the AMP5 could offer.

As for me, I use AMP2 with CA Vega and JHA Angie II. So far I have no problem in listening variety of musics (top 40, classic, rock, jazz, bossa) with the DX200.

Anyway, if you are looking for bass, you might want to try AK Kann? I have not myself, but people said that the mid and bass is good.

CA VEGA is on my list as an upgrade to the se846 so its good to know that pairs well and yes i am using the single ended 3.5 stock shure cable but I can upgrade to 2.5 balanced if needed be so amp3 is also a possibility but as As for Kann i dont know much will digg in.

The amp5 is up for sale in China now i would gladly wait for initial reviews before buying the extra amp be it amp2,3 or 5

Nov 12, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #9,970 of 22,021
I would go with the AMP3 for a little less analytic sound but with great separation and dynamics. To my ears the top players regardless of price are the SP1000, WM1Z and the DX200.
yeah AMP3 seems like a better overall choice and indeed the DAPs you have listed are the best of the best out there just different sound signatures

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #9,971 of 22,021
CA VEGA is on my list as an upgrade to the se846 so its good to know that pairs well and yes i am using the single ended 3.5 stock shure cable but I can upgrade to 2.5 balanced if needed be so amp3 is also a possibility but as As for Kann i dont know much will digg in.

The amp5 is up for sale in China now i would gladly wait for initial reviews before buying the extra amp be it amp2,3 or 5

You can see mini review from Chinese user here (All AMP1-5)
use Google Translate and language sense to interpret
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5427396255

Nov 12, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #9,972 of 22,021

Yes, I suggest you to wait first, as looking at the (planned?) trait of the AMP5 which is the power, I suspect it will prone to hiss with the 846. I don’t know, it is just a speculation on my side.

As for the CA Vega, my only gripe with it is the driver flex. Other than that the sound is blissful.

Nov 13, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #9,973 of 22,021
You can see mini review from Chinese user here (All AMP1-5)
use Google Translate and language sense to interpret
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5427396255
Nice review.

From the review
Best sounding balanced is AMP4, it has everything AMP3 but does it better. Both are energetic and more tiring to listen to for the reviewer than AMP2 and AMP5.

AMP2 still holds it's own against AMP5 as AMP2 vocal is closer than AMP5 while AMP5 have more air and space for instruments to articulate. So up to personal preference.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #9,975 of 22,021
Nice review.

From the review
Best sounding balanced is AMP4, it has everything AMP3 but does it better. Both are energetic and more tiring to listen to for the reviewer than AMP2 and AMP5.

AMP2 still holds it's own against AMP5 as AMP2 vocal is closer than AMP5 while AMP5 have more air and space for instruments to articulate. So up to personal preference.

That’s nice thanks for the help so amp3 seems like a better choice thus far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back