DX200/220 Amp8, MAX and other EX modifications
May 26, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #152 of 473
I'm sorry. Removed duplicates.

----

D72f9MxUYAAMJcx.jpg:large

It is perfect for the case if you replace it without thinking.
As the vibration is transmitted to Cap as it is, I cut the case:triumph:

It is a sample that it is better to reattach it honestly:relieved:

Because I wasted writing, I inserted it:rolling_eyes:

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #157 of 473
DX227EX
In my environment I wanted to reduce the Hi range a bit, so I added KZH 220uF to AMP7.
The capacity is gradually reduced to 100uF.

------ Appending
I changed it to 22uF, and removed the KZH Cap.
After all, it took 500 hours for burn-in before the sound settled down.

D8BsuwCV4AIzjZE.jpg:large

Since the shield was strengthened with DX220, the induction noise of the smartphone cooler was not bothered at all.
D8B0-vAUwAUA_lT.jpg:large

It is comfortable even for 24 hours playing.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #159 of 473
I tried to listen to SR1 with DX228EX ECHU exchanged.
(SR1 has 3 holes of about 2mm in the housing)
PT1 and cable are CB15.
The sound stage is wide and sounds very natural.
There is only a small amount of characteristic sweetness in the low to mid range.

When it changes to the cable of the silver coating, in the wide range, the afterglow of the high region is beautiful.
SR1 may be able to hear sensual sounds on AMP9 and DX220EX, which will be released in the future.

Jun 13, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #160 of 473
The resolution of DX227EX is further sublimated by ECHU.
The sound is as delicate as silk and captures even the subtle afterglow when the sound disappears.
With KO-Cap and ECHU, the bandwidth is straight in a wide range.

KO-Cap is a replacement for high-grade tantalum Cap, but ECHU is a replacement for ceramic Cap, so it is separate from iBaaso's sound design.

It takes time to evaluate ECHU in EX.
PPS Film Cap can easily check the change in sound quality when it is used directly for signal lines such as coupling, but it is often used, but EX is adopted for the jack part.

As it takes time to repair the damage caused by the added heat, depending on the situation, please give about 300 hours for evaluation.
(The sound gradually turns clear and delicate)

D88TktmUIAAM3AH.jpg:large

Finish of DX227EX
The sound is gradually adjusted with the passage of time, but the sound balance of the amazing resolution is as straight as a measuring instrument.
It's not a pyramidal music balance that gives you comfort, so it gives the test to the pair Hp/earphones.

At the same time, you will get the opportunity to maximize your knowledge of the sound quality of Cap obtained by DIY.
If you have the patience of EX's devil's DIY charm, you can stop at KO-Cap to save time and enjoy music.

The DX227EX pair is a capacitor type KSE1500, so it forms the necessary music balance.
I used Nichicon KA.

Nichicon has a very strong 1-point relief audio Muse series.
Audio Cap has a peculiarity in sound quality, but Muse is not all-arounder and is the most difficult class to use.

I think that I would like to make the low to mid range a natural music balance with KA.
I think 470μF is a little larger capacity, but also aims to expand the dynamics at the same time.
The only concern is the claim that the highs are clean.

In about 100 hours, the whole sound was quite well-set, and the high-range rundown arrived calmly.
From now on, electrolytic capacitors will show their abilities, so I would like to listen to them as they are.

So far the power supply smooth part
Nippon Chemi-Con APSF160ELL471MHB5S 16V 470μF
Toshin kogyo (TK) 1CUTSJ221M0 16V 220μF
Nichicon KA UKA1 C 471 MPD 16 V 470μF
Is a combination of three.

---
The first impression of KA is the worst.
It sounds like a white noise-like server with a mistuned radio that does not seem like a high grade audio product.
The noise disappears after about 24 hours, and the volume rises slightly, but in about 50 hours, the high-range EX and KA sounds can still be heard separately.

Jul 12, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #163 of 473
D-whXGRVAAA7oP5.jpg:large

I tried to play AMP9 for 7 consecutive days.
I feel that there is a slight overtone over a general vacuum tube, but this sound is fun.
As 6P1 is good to listen while tilting brandy glass, I feel that EX conversion is not necessary.
Since hiss noise can be controlled by a cable, I think it is better to select an earphone for AMP9.

Certainly you may choose a genre.
Sometimes I think it's fun to listen to AMP9 as it changes the mood from AMP7, 8EX to enjoy the classic.

I would like to think about remodeling of AMP9 after the matching earphone is decided.

Jul 13, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #164 of 473
Back with 156Silmik2 on 156ES + Cerafine in the power supply. Had to drill into the Cabinet hole 2.8 mm for output Cerafine. I thought silmik 2 was the ultimate tweak. But buying on Ali a new cable by fully copper, without silver content. I again took a chance on a replacement. And. .. the power contacts fell off. But I was not discouraged... I soldered the power wires from the back side))) Cerafine was on the cabinet. And this is the last tweak. Because the ES gives maximum musicality, resolution, and atmosphere. Bipolar truly suited for music playback... I'm stuck on Emily Sande... Daddy(feat. Naughty Boy) was mind-blowing. Non nobis domine non nobis sed nomini tuo da gloriam.

Attachments

• 20190713_153629.jpg
    20190713_153629.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190713_153618.jpg
    20190713_153618.jpg
    973.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190713_153335.jpg
    20190713_153335.jpg
    819.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 13, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #165 of 473
Back with 156Silmik2 on 156ES + Cerafine in the power supply. Had to drill into the Cabinet hole 2.8 mm for output Cerafine. I thought silmik 2 was the ultimate tweak. But buying on Ali a new cable by fully copper, without silver content. I again took a chance on a replacement. And. .. the power contacts fell off. But I was not discouraged... I soldered the power wires from the back side))) Cerafine was on the cabinet. And this is the last tweak. Because the ES gives maximum musicality, resolution, and atmosphere. Bipolar truly suited for music playback... I'm stuck on Emily Sande... Daddy(feat. Naughty Boy) was mind-blowing. Non nobis domine non nobis sed nomini tuo da gloriam.
Pictures Please :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back