Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Aug 11, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #2,956 of 3,012
Try some SpinFits if you can, they make them for like every size nozzle these days.
Spinfits don't work on the Titan 6 according to Dunu. I asked them already. Titan 6 has it's own tips

Aug 11, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #2,957 of 3,012
Spinfits don't work on the Titan 6 according to Dunu. I asked them already. Titan 6 has it's own tips
I’ll be the judge of that! SpinFits are the best though.. You get noticeably better extension at both ends of the frequency response along with less peaky treble and even a more coherent soundstage.

Aug 11, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #2,958 of 3,012
I’ll be the judge of that! SpinFits are the best though.. You get noticeably better extension at both ends of the frequency response along with less peaky treble and even a more coherent soundstage.

From Dunu:
Hello, We confirm your problem with factory staff, they said CP100, CP145, T500 are not fit for TITAN6.
The nozzles of TITAN6 is short, if you really want use Spinfit with T6, you can try CP360 . DUNU put some ear tips in the retail box.
Suggest you use TITAN6 original ear tips for TITAN6 .

Aug 14, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #2,960 of 3,012
Out of curiosity, anyone here can or is willing to compare the Titan 6 with the CA Lyra 2, Dorado or any other of their IEM with beryllium/coated drivers?

I'll be comparing them to the Periodic Be, Flares Pro 2HD and/or IMR R1 Zenith for my review (which are all pure beryllium or Beryllium coated), but might be a little while to post as I have a few things in the queue first.

Lyra II wouldn't be a million miles away from the T6 from memory - the T6 has a little more substantial bass and is less shy in the treble, but shares a similarly warm and musical non-bright sort of tuning.

Comfortable to say as an the IEMs I'm thinking of comparing it to are a fair bit more expensive, it's definely a good IEM for its price bracket.

Aug 14, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #2,961 of 3,012
I'll be comparing them to the Periodic Be, Flares Pro 2HD and/or IMR R1 Zenith for my review (which are all pure beryllium or Beryllium coated), but might be a little while to post as I have a few things in the queue first.

Lyra II wouldn't be a million miles away from the T6 from memory - the T6 has a little more substantial bass and is less shy in the treble, but shares a similarly warm and musical non-bright sort of tuning.

Comfortable to say as an the IEMs I'm thinking of comparing it to are a fair bit more expensive, it's definely a good IEM for its price bracket.

Amazing :) I saw that at one point or another you owned quite a few ear/headphones, I'm looking forward to read your impressions.

Aug 15, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #2,963 of 3,012
Listening to the 6 straight off my Nano for now. These were used so I assume they don’t need much burn in. SpinFits are indeed a bit loose, the ones that leave the nozzle fully exposed that is. Spiral Dots seem to work fine. Not sure if I could get used to the comfort of the ear pieces though..

Initially it sounds pretty bassy but I dig that aspect, nice staging too. Mids sound open. Highs come off with a little too much sheen for my liking.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #2,964 of 3,012
Have you tried the stock tips, either blue (balanced) or red (vocals)?

From my experience, the tips make such a big difference that I never use any other than the stock ones. If the stock ones do not fit me the IEMs they’re attached to are an automatic no-go.

Got rid of my Empire Ears Bravado just for that.

No regret.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #2,965 of 3,012
Have you tried the stock tips, either blue (balanced) or red (vocals)?

From my experience, the tips make such a big difference that I never use any other than the stock ones. If the stock ones do not fit me the IEMs they’re attached to are an automatic no-go.

Got rid of my Empire Ears Bravado just for that.

No regret.
Stock tips are always too stiff for me but I may try them. Either way, I’m probably gonna put these up in the classifieds. Not to discredit them, I’d just rather have money to spend elsewhere. I think the Titan 1 wowed me more.

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #2,967 of 3,012

@Jackpot77

Any feedback? Especially compared to the Atlas?

I'm considering upgrading to either to the new Campfire Audio Atlas or Andromeda GSE but I'm freaked out by the law of diminishing return on investment past the 1k barrier... :p

Currently doing some A/B with the CA Comets I still own and the Titan 6 blows them away which makes think I'm just not a BA-type person. I find them to be so close to the Cascade it's unbelievable.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #2,968 of 3,012
I've been following the Dunu T6 for a while, i really like the Titan 5, but i lost mine for a robery. I'm not sure if i must buy the T5 again, or the new T6, i think the signature of the T6 will be closer to the T5 than the T3, but i can't find any comparison on internet. So, anyone who has heard both can tell me about the differences between the T6 and the T5 in performance or signature? Thanks

Sep 19, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #2,970 of 3,012
What I should do is compare the Titan 6 to the SIMGOT EN700 PRO. Two Dynamics duking it out in the same price range. Well. The EN700 PRO is technically a micro driver IEM, but close enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back