Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Mar 11, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #2,911 of 3,012
Yeah, saw that. Listing 1, 3, and 5 kinda means you had to have heard of the 1 :wink:

I know what you mean. Not in between but perhaps a mix of the best traits. Stage/air of the 1, mids more up like the 3, treble and bass reach of the 5. If they could pull that off and up the resolution a bit also and price it ~ 169 that would be pretty great. Maybe throw in a bit bigger case and some longer length tips :)

I'm surprised, because all titans do things in a superb way...it just needed a little something and it'd be hard to be at the price range. T3 had the timbre, T5 had the sweetness and 1 was definitely super balanced though could use more mids in the forefront (and less leakage).

strangely enough, I couldn't decide which to buy and bought the A4. man talk about a chameleon -- goes from N to V with a little flip in them nozzles. Sweet sweet mids.

Mar 11, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #2,912 of 3,012
As much as I used to love the Titan 1, I was looking for something better and tried the Titan 3 and 5, DN1000, DN2000, DN2000J and DN2002 but I was not satisfied with their performance until I accidentally stumbled upon the Dynamic Motion DM200H at E-Earphone Tokyo. The DM200H to me is the best refinement in sound quality above the complete Dunu range. Just in case you're wondering, I do not work for nor in any way affiliated to Dynamic Motion. I'm just giving credit to a great sounding IEM when credit is due.

I will definitely give the new DK3001 a try when I get my hands on them and perhaps that might sound better than the DM200H. For now, DM200H is my go to IEM.

Mar 27, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #2,914 of 3,012
Hi, guys!

Which do y'all think is better between the Titan 3 and the HiFiMan RE-400?

I'm looking for a neutral iem with slight emphasis on the mids, wide soundstage and good imaging. Mainly to be used with vocal-centric, instrumental jazz, acoustic, and live tracks.

Thanks!

Mar 27, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #2,915 of 3,012
Hi, guys!

I'm looking for a neutral iem with slight emphasis on the mids, wide soundstage and good imaging. Mainly to be used with vocal-centric, instrumental jazz, acoustic, and live tracks.

Thanks!

T3 trumps the RE 400 in all areas. 

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #2,916 of 3,012
Hi, guys!

Thanks!

From my review

Comparing the Titan 3s to the Hifiman RE400
The quantity of the bass on the Titan 3 is more comparable to the RE400, except with a bit more weight. The Titan 3’s midrange is brighter and more forward with a “glossy, brassier” texture compare to the more transparent, drier midrange on the RE400. The lower treble on the Titan 3 in comparison is more enthusiastic, with more flavor or colour, whereas the RE400 can be a bit grainy, and dull up top.
Considering positive feedback from the RE400 (especially here on head-fi as one of the staples under $100), I feel that Titan 3 would be a good alternative for those users that find the RE400’s “safer” tuning a bit “bland”.

Mar 27, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #2,917 of 3,012
Hi, guys!

Thanks!

yep, what the other two gents said. mind you, you'll also get timbre and micro details for days!

Apr 6, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #2,918 of 3,012
​I've just gotten my Titan 1ES back from a warranty claim, and I've noticed that the new cable is not the rubbery one than came with the old unit. I prefer this one a lot more, as there is much less memory in the cable, and the strain relief is easier to adjust. They look identical to the cables on the new Fiio IEMs, but are silver, and do not have the control unit. Just a FYI.

Apr 15, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #2,919 of 3,012
Hi, guys!

Thanks!

I liked the titan 1,

Jun 12, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #2,922 of 3,012
I loved the Titan 3 coming off the Dunn 1000 and 2000j. I suppose I got "brain burn" as I started using Shure 535s for the isolation during the past several months and the clarity and natural sound won me over and I started to love them.

I just listened to the 1000 and Titan 3 and they seemed so bass heavy, something happened in my brain as I used to think the Shures were light on the bass side and loved the deep bass of the Dunn.

Now the only one I can listen to comfortable is the 2000j as it is more neutral. I never thought I'd say that but I am convinced that your brain burns into Irma and headphones as opposed to the items burning in!

Strange but true.

Jun 20, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #2,923 of 3,012
Hey everyone.

I'm wondering what are your thoughts on the Titan 3 VS Mee Pinnacle P1. Both are using a single dynamic driver. I have a feeling P1s will be top, but Titan 3 is a bit cheaper...
Opinions?

Also, do the Titans use a standard MMCX connection (like no locking mechanism or something)?

Jun 22, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #2,924 of 3,012
Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back