Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Nov 24, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #2,506 of 3,012
I agree of the HD650 front. It does sort of remind me of them. It's smooth and detailed, and has one of the most comfortable listens while at the same time being fun without being overly exagerated anywhere. 

I picked the T5 from looking at @Brooko
's graphs and straight away thought that the T5 would be better than the T3 for me. I was not disappointed with the decision.

I've only read this far so far, but you guys are killing me with these T5 descriptions!

Repeat after me: I love my t1's and don't need the t5's. I love my t1's and don't need the t5's. I love my t1's and don't need the t5's.

Nov 24, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #2,507 of 3,012
I've only read this far so far, but you guys are killing me with these T5 descriptions!

Repeat after me: I love my t1's and don't need the t5's. I love my t1's and don't need the t5's. I love my t1's and don't need the t5's.

T1's are awesome and for the price/performance alone it's hard to beat. Granted I have not heard the T5, but the fact that it doesn't have the feature that makes the T1 special leaves it at a different category for me. The T5 may perform better but it certainly won't have the kind of staging the T1 offers.

Nov 24, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #2,508 of 3,012
I agree of the HD650 front. It does sort of remind me of them. It's smooth and detailed, and has one of the most comfortable listens while at the same time being fun without being overly exagerated anywhere. 

I picked the T5 from looking at @Brooko
's graphs and straight away thought that the T5 would be better than the T3 for me. I was not disappointed with the decision.

I got it, you love your T1 and don't need T5, what you need is T3 :p

Nov 24, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #2,509 of 3,012

T1's are awesome and for the price/performance alone it's hard to beat. Granted I have not heard the T5, but the fact that it doesn't have the feature that makes the T1 special leaves it at a different category for me. The T5 may perform better but it certainly won't have the kind of staging the T1 offers.

You do make a good point. But, if the Titan3/5 is an excellent performer on it's own(reviews indicate so) and is similar to the T1 in many ways except stage, it makes it a great option on-the-go.
I miss the T1 when I'm not at home. And if, like me, you do not have an excellent IEM(T1 level or beyond) with good isolation, it makes sense to look at the T3/T5 before any other.

But yes, ideally I'd like to have that special soundstage with better isolation
etysmile.gif
And it may not be impossible since cheaper IEMs like the Havi B3P1 manage to project a good sense of space while maintaining decent levels of isolation.

Another point I'd like to bring up is the build quality. My T1 has been through IEM hell (for the sake of realistic testing) and has held up beautifully. And it manages this without looking too beefy/heavy/inflexible.

Nov 25, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #2,511 of 3,012
Guys and girls in order to save me from going through the entire thread is the sensitivity of the T5 better than the T1 ?... I could not get a decent volume level with the T1 so had to return them.

Nov 25, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #2,512 of 3,012
  Guys and girls in order to save me from going through the entire thread is the sensitivity of the T5 better than the T1 ?... I could not get a decent volume level with the T1 so had to return them.

I believe that the T5 is a little bit more efficient than the T1.

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #2,514 of 3,012
smith

T5 are easy to drive at 16 Ohms, 110 dB/mW. I noted differences in volume steps needed to achieve same SPL @ 1kHz with my FiiO X5 on low gain at a comfortable listening level. This info is in my reviews of EX1, T3, and T5. You can find them in the Head Gear section.

EX1 (T1 surrogate): 35/120
T3: 28/120
T5: 30/120

Hope that helps!
:beerchug:

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #2,516 of 3,012
Hi titan users. So upond reading back of this thread, I've something about the "bass mod (covering 2-3 holes / vents)" which some people claim it improves the sound quality.

I wanna try it but not sure which holes should I cover. The vents on the body plate or holes on the nozzle?

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #2,517 of 3,012
Hi titan users. So upond reading back of this thread, I've something about the "bass mod (covering 2-3 holes / vents)" which some people claim it improves the sound quality.

I wanna try it but not sure which holes should I cover. The vents on the body plate or holes on the nozzle?

I haven't done that mod, so feel free to ignore me. But, I don't recall a lot of people mentioning that a mod for the t1, or that the t1's sq can (or should) really be improved (apart from tip rolling for personal preference), so I'm not sure it's worth trying. But, no harm trying so feel free to go for it.

Btw, you could consider the T3 or T5 depending on what you're looking for (which ultimately would involve lesser soundstage).

Nov 26, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #2,519 of 3,012
I haven't done that mod, so feel free to ignore me. But, I don't recall a lot of people mentioning that a mod for the t1, or that the t1's sq can (or should) really be improved (apart from tip rolling for personal preference), so I'm not sure it's worth trying. But, no harm trying so feel free to go for it.

Btw, you could consider the T3 or T5 depending on what you're looking for (which ultimately would involve lesser soundstage).

Here you go. I quoted a statement from Paulus below. Hehe

It's explained.

BTW, just realized how good this IEM is with Heavy Metal. With bass mod, of course. It's simply the best I've heard till date for this genre. ManoWar and Accept. The purity and the power of the electric guitars, the bass, the instrument separation. It's incredible.

Titan 3 and 5 are tempting. From the review of headfonics, sounds like an upgrade from titan 1 especially the mids but a downgrade in terms of soundstage.. The removable cable is great too.

Nov 26, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #2,520 of 3,012

The vents on the body plate. The result, apart more bass, is a bit more elevated mids, since they're a bit recessed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back