Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Apr 15, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #946 of 3,012
Finally got my hands on a loaner Titan 1 and two minutes in... Holy Sh#t! I should've gotten a pair ages ago. This is officially my favorite dynamic driver iem!

They're really good huh

Apr 15, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #947 of 3,012
Better than the Altone? 

I love the titans as well, for the priece they really are incredible. 

Tuning and sound signature wise, yes! Better than the altone. But the hybrid goodness does come with a few perks that a single dynamic in this price range can't have.

Apr 15, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #948 of 3,012
Tuning and sound signature wise, yes! Better than the altone. But the hybrid goodness does come with a few perks that a single dynamic in this price range can't have.

Totally understand. 

The Titan 1 is different from other IEMs, they seem to present music like a full sized headphone. 

Apr 15, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #949 of 3,012
They're really good huh

For the price, it's amazing! If the bass was a little tighter this could have been a mid-tier killer!

Apr 15, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #950 of 3,012
For the price, it's amazing! If the bass was a little tighter this could have been a mid-tier killer!

And it sounds good out of every source even the clip. No need to amp

Apr 15, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #952 of 3,012
Originally Posted by lin0003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Totally understand. 

The Titan 1 is different from other IEMs, they seem to present music like a full sized headphone. 

Low noise isolation, shallow insertion and not excessively bassy.

Apr 15, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #953 of 3,012

Low noise isolation, shallow insertion and not excessively bassy.

I found them quite bassy (in agood way) especially with the double flanges

Apr 15, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #954 of 3,012
smily_headphones1.gif
Brooko, No disrespect intended. You have to know I was yanking your Chain about the Colored rings and re-cabling. It's obvious you are a techie. Your fantastic ability to analyze and dissect tone and presentation is the main reason that you have recently cost me more $$$$ than anyone else on this forum. Take a Bow. I really was serious though about whether or not it made a difference as to channel orientation. I'm 61 Have been a musician since learning to play guitar around age 12. been in many Cover Bands, original Bands and even recorded a bit. As I'm getting older though my real joy has been Building / rebuilding Guitars and Amps,( mostly Marshall Tube). But unlike you I have never been that analytical about my music. For the life of me I couldn't honestly tell you If the Alarm Clock on Dark side of the Moon comes from left, Right, or both channels or where the Flying saucer on EXP  (Axis Bold as love) emanates from, even though I've heard these recordings thousands of times. I just know If I like the Tone. I rely on You and Mark and H20 to tell me WHY I like or don't like what I'm hearing. Plus the fact that like you, AGE (and years of amplification), have also reduced my hearing range as well.

Now for some FUN. Have You ever heard of Screaming Lord Sutch? If not, He was a REAL? English Lord, (recently deceased), I believe in house of commons. But also a Rock Star somewhat in Britain. He recorded an album, I'm guessing somewhere around 1971, Called "Lord Sutch and Heavy Friends".
Now, as a singer he was absolutely dreadful, but the Artists on this album are stellar, including Jeff beck, Jimmy Page, Nicky Hopkins to name but a few. On this Album he does a song called "Flashing Lights" That has a VERY unique recording effect. I'm going to try and post a link, if you have time give it a listen. Preceeding each lyric, in the background, he is going to be saying "Flashing Lights". See if you can pick up on how he gets the effect on these words. I think you will get a kick out of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L58xNpnqxk

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Apr 15, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #955 of 3,012

Hmm, I prefer the Altone200's but that's because I have H20's special pair with me :wink: To me his pair is almost perfectly tuned
...but Titan's presentation is really something to behold, it's actually has kind of a similar presentation to the HE-500 iirc, very surprising

Apr 15, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #956 of 3,012

Now for some FUN. Have You ever heard of Screaming Lord Sutch? If not, He was a REAL English Lord

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

I don't think he was a real lord. You may be being mislead by the fact he had his own political party (the Monster Raving Loony Party) and stood in the elections a few times. Or maybe by Lord David Dundas, who really is a real Lord.

Apr 15, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #957 of 3,012
smily_headphones1.gif
That's very Possible tjw. I'm not all that familiar with Blighty Politics, being a Colonial and all. I've always understood (Maybe erroneously) that he was actually a real English Lord.

I know he couldn't sing. I certainly hope he was better at Politics.
biggrin.gif

Thanx

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Apr 15, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #958 of 3,012
  Hmm, I prefer the Altone200's but that's because I have H20's special pair with me :wink: To me his pair is almost perfectly tuned
...but Titan's presentation is really something to behold, it's actually has kind of a similar presentation to the HE-500 iirc, very surprising

Is it because of the tighter and more impactful bass, plus the added clarity up top?
My Altone is also one of the early prototypes and it actually sounds quite close to the Titan except for the ones I mentioned above...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back