Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Jan 6, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #47 of 3,012
guys pls help! i have difficulty in choosing - Vsonic GR07 classic or Titan 1? i have a stationary dac. what the IEM have better SOUND? Titan 1 have 13mm diafragm vs 11mm on Gr07 - so maybe Titan 1 have more sub bass? pls help))

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #48 of 3,012
guys pls help! i have difficulty in choosing - Vsonic GR07 classic or Titan 1? i have a stationary dac. what the IEM have better SOUND? Titan 1 have 13mm diafragm vs 11mm on Gr07 - so maybe Titan 1 have more sub bass? pls help))

I'm going to be honest, actually I'm just going to say it, I prefer Titan over my GR07 MK2. Funny you ask actually as I did a quick comparison the other night. GR07 was sounding quite sibilant (vocals) and very much like a wall of sound compared rather than the spaciousness and better center channel depth of Titan. If it's just about bass then, they pretty close in quantity, maybe a slightly fuller impact from GR07,but the Titan to my ears is sub-bass focused. (but not necessarily more than GR07)

My opinion, be daring, try something knew, but inevitably you won't make a mistake with either.

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #49 of 3,012

Interesting...how would you describe there tone, bright or warm. I am loving the Ostry KC06A at the moment!

Actually, my KC06 (not KC06A) was the first IEM that came to mind when I heard the Titan 1. The Dunus may be even more clear and analytical sounding though.

I'm saying "may be", because I didn't have them long enough for any A/B listening. Next day I went to a local meet with a fellow head-fier, bringing along my modded FX850, FX1100 and the Titan1... and guess what, I left the meet with empty pockets.
wink.gif

From my short audition I didn't get the impression that they're sub-bass emphasized. Rather a tad rolled-off down there, similar to the GR07.

Here, for a limited time, I think they're actually selling for extremely cheap, well under $100. But likely only here, where they have a local presence.

I got them from the UK for 90 pounds, which I think is a pretty fair price.

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #50 of 3,012
guys pls help! i have difficulty in choosing - Vsonic GR07 classic or Titan 1? i have a stationary dac. what the IEM have better SOUND? Titan 1 have 13mm diafragm vs 11mm on Gr07 - so maybe Titan 1 have more sub bass? pls help)r

Welcome to Head-fi and sorry about your wallet!

Whats your sound preference? Btw,leave behind driver sizes as micro drivers too have the sound qualities that larger dia drivers has to offer,if not full.....

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #51 of 3,012
I should clarify after James's post I don't think Titan is sub-bass enhanced or forward in the signature, more so the bass that's there leans towards sub-bass rather than mid-bass.

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #52 of 3,012
I listen many music genres ... but electronic music for me is most popular. Right now i have AKG ip324)))  cheap but good sound for this price. I think it is time to replace them. Thanks for the quick feedback and sorry for offtop))

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #53 of 3,012
Guys, what he needs is an A71 or a EPH-100, right? Or a DN-1000, or even a GR07 BE (less bass quantity of all these I believe)... He wants some slam :p Though DN-1000 is probably the best investment if he wants only one IEM.

Actually, my KC06 (not KC06A) was the first IEM that came to mind when I heard the Titan 1. The Dunus may be even more clear and analytical sounding though.

I got them from the UK for 90 pounds, which I think is a pretty fair price.

But the KC06 have not recessed mids and Titan 1 are a mild V shaped from what I'm reading right? Why exactly you say they remind you of KC06?

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #54 of 3,012
^ DN-1000 would suit the member, if he wants good bass impact. If he wants to up the cash outlay from around $100 to $200. If not then I'll recommend the EPH-100 over A71, mainly for the ease of fitting. But I still prefer Titan over GR07.

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #55 of 3,012
I'm going to be honest, actually I'm just going to say it, I prefer Titan over my GR07 MK2. Funny you ask actually as I did a quick comparison the other night. GR07 was sounding quite sibilant (vocals) and very much like a wall of sound compared rather than the spaciousness and better center channel depth of Titan. If it's just about bass then, they pretty close in quantity, maybe a slightly fuller impact from GR07,but the Titan to my ears is sub-bass focused. (but not necessarily more than GR07)

My opinion, be daring, try something knew, but inevitably you won't make a mistake with either

I should clarify after James's post I don't think Titan is sub-bass enhanced or forward in the signature, more so the bass that's there leans towards sub-bass rather than mid-bass.

Thanks for the clarification! It may seem like I was referring to your post, but in fact I only noticed it after submitting mine.

As for sibilance, don't you think that the Titans, too, sound at least borderline sibilant at times?

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #56 of 3,012
Thanks for the clarification! It may seem like I was referring to your post, but in fact I only noticed it after submitting mine.

As for sibilance, don't you think that the Titans, too, sound at least borderline sibilant at times?

For sure borderline, Titan can tread close to biting in vocal sibilance but seems to find that fine line between letting it slip past the mind. Rather than GR07 at times gets a real bite or edge to. It.

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #58 of 3,012
For sure borderline, Titan can tread close to biting in vocal sibilance but seems to find that fine line between letting it slip past the mind. Rather than GR07 at times gets a real bite or edge to. It.

So it's probably easier to correct that mild sibilance in Titan 1 with narrow bore silicon tips or foams right? (If it's too much for your liking) That's nice.

Jan 6, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #59 of 3,012
So it's probably easier to correct that mild sibilance in Titan 1 with narrow bore silicon tips or foams right? (If it's too much for your liking) That's nice.

Maybe to some extent, wouldn't be the first time I've had a tip reduce sibilance if it's the case. When my Titan arrived I popped the large Sony hybrid clones on (first I saw in the box), that was it, closed up the box, put it away so I don't lose anything and here we are. I liked the sound so much as is I'm not going to change anything.

Twas an easy transition. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back