Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Dec 22, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #31 of 3,012
Mine just arrived (plus I'm travelling later today - so only a 10 minute listen so far)

Fit is good - very good - and comfortable!

Build is really classy - Dunu knows how to tick all the boxes on build.

Sound ........ wow.  I like these.  I really like these.  In fact if you don't need a "high" level of isolation, then these are one of the best sounding earphones I've heard for a while.  Quite balanced - maybe a mild V. Very clear. Very spacious. More once I get a chance to put another 15-20 hours on them .......

Dec 23, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #34 of 3,012
Got these today. I'll be comparing them to a pair of Phiaton, the form factors are exactly alike. Although Phiaton likes to use polycarbonate and carbon fiber in their designs while Dunu is using their aluminum finish. From an initial impression, the treble has a sense of heat to them with a storng low-to-mid bass which gives it a strong, well-defined punch. It's not the fastest, but still respectably tight. The midrange has a bit of lushness to it that feels quite special, though can still carry on sweetness and energy in vocals. Detailing is ample and most certainly not in your face. I'll be getting some initial frequency response measurements soon.

In terms of fit, you won't get isolation out of a shallow-insertion earbud, somewhere between IEM and earbud. However, the shallow insertion helps loads with comfort as they sit gently on your ears. It should be noted that microphonics becomes issues with these.

I also did get the Alpha in today as well. I'm actually enjoying those a little more for some odd reason, but that's a story for a different day :wink: That's all for now.

Dec 24, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #36 of 3,012
Yes, they're really good, Dunu pretty much nailed it again like last year with the DN-1000 hybrid. The soundstage and imaging are strong aspects, especially soundstage depth with a Cowon J3, I either use the Cowon or FiiO X1. Give it some time these will take off for Dunu.

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #39 of 3,012
  How easy are they to drive ? I would be using a Iphone 6....

Used an iPhone 6 to test them out last month. They should be very easy to drive, though a tiny bit more juice should make them sound better. I haven't had time to confer with DUNU, so I don't have a unit that I can test out at home. One of the other members with test units should be able to answer more definitively.

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #40 of 3,012
How easy are they to drive ? I would be using a Iphone 6....

Sure, your iPhone will drive them fine, they don't mind a little power but are totally fine from any phone or Walkman for example.

I'm completely enjoying this product, it's a special one in my view. And I think there's much more to come.

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #41 of 3,012

Used an iPhone 6 to test them out last month. They should be very easy to drive, though a tiny bit more juice should make them sound better. I haven't had time to confer with DUNU, so I don't have a unit that I can test out at home. One of the other members with test units should be able to answer more definitively.

Thanks...

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #42 of 3,012
Sure, your iPhone will drive them fine, they don't mind a little power but are totally fine from any phone or Walkman for example.

I'm completely enjoying this product, it's a special one in my view. And I think there's much more to come.

That's great, thanks. Will definitely be look at them. Really like the design and the sound description.

Jan 6, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #43 of 3,012

X2, no problem at all driving them from any source.

For the price, I think they're outstanding. Very much on the analytical side for DDs though. Switching to these from my JVC woodies was quite a contrast lol.

Jan 6, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #44 of 3,012
Anyone been able to compare the Dunu with the GR07, them both being single dynamic drivers?

Jan 6, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #45 of 3,012

X2, no problem at all driving them from any source.

For the price, I think they're outstanding. Very much on the analytical side for DDs though. Switching to these from my JVC woodies was quite a contrast lol.

Interesting...how would you describe there tone, bright or warm. I am loving the Ostry KC06A at the moment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back