Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Feb 27, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #481 of 3,012
I tried comply s 200 tips but found them irritating in my ear, too much pressure, and too warm. And these are the small ones. The stock silicone tips already on the Titans were much better.

Feb 27, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #482 of 3,012
You guys ought to check out the single Amazon US review for the Titan 1s. Kind of comical.

Feb 27, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #483 of 3,012
You guys ought to check out the single Amazon US review for the Titan 1s. Kind of comical.

You're not kidding! That's funny enough to post:
Very nice! Worth buying.
By ogenmatic on February 24, 2015

I'm no Audio Sage but these sound pretty good, fit securely, & are comfortable in my ears. Lots of tips to choose from. Excellent case. 1/4 inch adapter. The cord-wrap that's molded onto the cord is a nice touch! They sure could use better photos here so I've included one.

Not being a pompous audiophile I cannot say with certainty whether they're every bit as good as numerous reviewers have pointed out. I know nothing of the issue of their sound signature inducing listening fatigue. Cannot say with certainty that their level of detail and clarity is exceptional considering their price. Who knows if the bass boasts just the right balance between quantity and quality or even what the heck phrases like that even mean!?! Not me!!
Perhaps several reviews have pointed out that their mids are relatively laid back, but not by any means lacking intelligibility but I haven't the foggiest idea if that's even important. It could be that despite their laid-back nature, detail and clarity are not at all compromised which is another statement that makes not one lick of sense to me. Attach a 33 Ohm impedance adapter (e.g. Cowon Sound Capsule), and the mids gain an even more balanced presentation which might or might not be a good thing. Who knows? Their treble very well might have a raw and edgy nature to it, but remains well within tolerance according to reviewers who think they know what their made up phrases mean. An airy and expansive soundstage is the Titan 1's true forté according to some but, again, no clue how that even is supposed to describe how they sound. Isolation is near non-existent unless you're an audiophile living in a dream world.

To reiterate: they sound good to me. They fit well in my ears. They remain comfy. All those flowery descriptions mean nothing. Got mine on Massdrop for considerably less.

Feb 27, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #484 of 3,012

[COLOR=111111]Very nice! Worth buying.

[COLOR=555555]By [COLOR=0066C0]ogenmatic[/COLOR] on February 24, 2015[/COLOR]
[/color]

I'm no Audio Sage but these sound pretty good, fit securely, & are comfortable in my ears. Lots of tips to choose from. Excellent case. 1/4 inch adapter. The cord-wrap that's molded onto the cord is a nice touch! They sure could use better photos here so I've included one.

Not being a pompous audiophile I cannot say with certainty whether they're every bit as good as numerous reviewers have pointed out. I know nothing of the issue of their sound signature inducing listening fatigue. Cannot say with certainty that their level of detail and clarity is exceptional considering their price. Who knows if the bass boasts just the right balance between quantity and quality or even what the heck phrases like that even mean!?! Not me!!

Perhaps several reviews have pointed out that their mids are relatively laid back, but not by any means lacking intelligibility but I haven't the foggiest idea if that's even important. It could be that despite their laid-back nature, detail and clarity are not at all compromised which is another statement that makes not one lick of sense to me. Attach a 33 Ohm impedance adapter (e.g. Cowon Sound Capsule), and the mids gain an even more balanced presentation which might or might not be a good thing. Who knows? Their treble very well might have a raw and edgy nature to it, but remains well within tolerance according to reviewers who think they know what their made up phrases mean. An airy and expansive soundstage is the Titan 1's true forté according to some but, again, no clue how that even is supposed to describe how they sound. Isolation is near non-existent unless you're an audiophile living in a dream world.

To reiterate: they sound good to me. They fit well in my ears. They remain comfy. All those flowery descriptions mean nothing. Got mine on Massdrop for considerably less.

Lol, hilarious :)

Feb 27, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #485 of 3,012
Very funny, who is this Audio Sage?!?!?

Very funny, who is this Audio Sage?!?!?

Feb 27, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #486 of 3,012
That IS hilarious.  Not sure I have ever read 3 paragraphs before that said not only said absolutely nothing....but the writer seemed unsure whether his comments even had any relevance.  Gotta be careful doing reviews under the influence.  LOL....

Feb 27, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #487 of 3,012
OK, on another point my Comply Tx200s arrived, now the Titans are grooving. They are no longer tilted to the treble, there is more yin to their yang, much better balance, isolation, and yes speed does indeed kill!!!!

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #488 of 3,012
That IS hilarious.  Not sure I have ever read 3 paragraphs before that said not only said absolutely nothing....but the writer seemed unsure whether his comments even had any relevance.  Gotta be careful doing reviews under the influence.  LOL....

Yes, I really should stop doing that :) :wink:

Feb 28, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #491 of 3,012
Damn, the Flaming Lips, Comply TX200s, and my iPhone, it's love:heart_eyes:!!!

Mar 1, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #494 of 3,012
  I posted my review in the review section:

About time you wrote something up, OP. Great job!
beerchug.gif

Mar 1, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #495 of 3,012
I posted my review in the review section:

Thanks, Tom. I love it when a review is very clear on the weaknesses of a pair of phones so the reader can clearly note if this is the right pair for them to buy. Imho all reviews do a fine job in expressing the strengths so I appreciate the complete honest breakdown of also the weaknesses. Awesome read.

Can't wait to recieve my Titans this week. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back