Dunu Mirai - A Collaboration between Headphones.com, Dunu and Precogvision
Oct 26, 2023 at 2:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 57
We gave a sneak peak at Mirai during CanJam Socal this year and now, Mirai is finally live and brought to life!

Pre-Order the Dunu Mirai Now

DSCF4335.jpg

The Mirai is something we at Headphones.com, Precogvision and Dunu have been hard at work for the last two and half years to deliver an IEM experience that we feel is truly different from others. irai is intended to encapsulate the type of sound that the market might be more open to in the future—except you get to hear it now.

While many IEMs strive for neutral benchmarking, the Mirai intentionally ventures into more colored waters. Despite these deliberate frequency alterations, it doesn’t compromise on tuning fundamentals, resulting in a sound that's both musical and tastefully executed.

DSCF4508-2.jpg

The Mirai is infused with the high standards of Precogvision, leverages the strengths of both DUNU and Headphones.com. While DUNU brings its rich history and technical prowess, Headphones.com offers its community-driven focus, product design insights, and industry knowledge. The result? An IEM that both parties are proud to present to audiophiles.

The Mirai comes with a custom, white Dunu DUW02S cable (not featured in our lifestyle photography as it wasn't complete yet but you can see it below) and has ear tips carefully sampled and selected by Precogvision to give you the best out of the box experience with Mirai as possible

white duw02s.jpg

The Dunu Mirai is our first product collaboration from top to bottom and we're incredibly proud of what we were able to achieive.

The Mirai is expected to start shipping in early December in limited quantities. Price is $1099 USD.

To learn more about the Mirai and pre-order, click the link below!

Learn More about the Dunu Mirai and Pre-Order

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Oct 26, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #2 of 57
Is there any possibility for sharing measurement with the regular 711 rig? The 5128 is nice and all but for people who is familiar the old standard, the graph provided tells me nothing about the tonality of this interesting IEM besides hand waving “in the shaded area so it’s good”

Oct 26, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #3 of 57
Oct 26, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #4 of 57
Oct 27, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #6 of 57
I miss the old Dunu iem shape, the DK series, the Luna… they fit so perfectly, and were identifiably Dunu. Now many of their iems look like any other brand, and have the same fit issues I find with most acrylic shell monitors, which prevents me from enjoying wearing them :frowning2:

Oct 27, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #7 of 57
Is that 8k peak a resonance peak?

Oct 30, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #8 of 57
I'm guessing it's not possible to buy this outside of the US?

Oct 30, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #9 of 57
What's the material like on the cable? Is it just like the DUW02S? I really like that cable, but this custom white one looks a bit thicker than the ones I have at home.

Oct 31, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #11 of 57
US and Canada are OK. This is explain on Shipping policy.
"Due to our vendor agreements with the brands that we carry, we are unable to ship outside of the United States or Canada. "
Yes for most regular items we only ship to US and Canada.

However, Mirai is special and with Mirai we are opening up shipping to Europe and Australia / New Zealand as well!

It's been quite a few years since we've had international shipping open and Shopify's backend (our e-commerce platform) has changed quite a bit since then so there may be a kink or two to figure out on our end. If you're having any issues with getting shipping to display with where you're located feel free to send us an e-mail at info@headphones.com or live chat with us and we'd be happy to get it figured out!

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Nov 1, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #12 of 57
For anyone looking into more of the background of the Mirai, check out this video with @Precogvision where he talks about his thought process when it came to tuning the Mirai, choosing the drivers and the collaborative process between himself, Dunu and Headphones.com

Nov 2, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #13 of 57
nevermind I forgot to read about the shipping policy to Europe ^^"

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #14 of 57
For those waiting on your Mirai pre-order, our first shipment just cleared customs yesterday. All pre-orders should be filled early next week as long as there are no unforeseen delivery issues to our warehouse (this time of the year is always a tough one with delivery estimates)!

Dec 12, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #15 of 57
We gave a sneak peak at Mirai during CanJam Socal this year and now, Mirai is finally live and brought to life!

The Mirai is something we at Headphones.com, Precogvision and Dunu have been hard at work for the last two and half years to deliver an IEM experience that we feel is truly different from others. irai is intended to encapsulate the type of sound that the market might be more open to in the future—except you get to hear it now.

While many IEMs strive for neutral benchmarking, the Mirai intentionally ventures into more colored waters. Despite these deliberate frequency alterations, it doesn’t compromise on tuning fundamentals, resulting in a sound that's both musical and tastefully executed.

The Mirai is infused with the high standards of Precogvision, leverages the strengths of both DUNU and Headphones.com. While DUNU brings its rich history and technical prowess, Headphones.com offers its community-driven focus, product design insights, and industry knowledge. The result? An IEM that both parties are proud to present to audiophiles.

The Mirai comes with a custom, white Dunu DUW02S cable (not featured in our lifestyle photography as it wasn't complete yet but you can see it below) and has ear tips carefully sampled and selected by Precogvision to give you the best out of the box experience with Mirai as possible

The Dunu Mirai is our first product collaboration from top to bottom and we're incredibly proud of what we were able to achieive.

The Mirai is expected to start shipping in early December in limited quantities. Price is $1099 USD.

DSCF4335.jpg

DSCF4508-2.jpg

white duw02s.jpg

I received my set today. The unboxing was a very nice experience. The white accessories (case & cable) are pretty special. I've got them plugged into my Chord Mojo2 and am enjoying my first listen. More to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back