DUNU LUNA - Impressions and Discussion
Jul 9, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #514 of 878
The Luna is extremely light weight and small. For me the fit is perfect (using the red centered spinfits), helps with comfortable long listening sessions. I would guess that the size of these are an often overlooked benefit of these small powerhouse IEMs.
I would encourage you to try other tips. Luna is incredibly tip dependent. They are a dynamic that's for sure.

The tip comparison I did https://audiorabbithole.com/dunu-ramblings/

Jul 9, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #515 of 878
I would encourage you to try other tips. Luna is incredibly tip dependent. They are a dynamic that's for sure.

The tip comparison I did https://audiorabbithole.com/dunu-ramblings/

I ran across your article prior to purchasing the Luna, it set me up for what to expect. I'm lucky that the best fitting tip produces the best sound for me. A couple of your music suggestions has also made it to my playlist. Many thanks!

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #517 of 878
Jul 10, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #522 of 878
The Luna is extremely light weight and small. For me the fit is perfect (using the red centered spinfits), helps with comfortable long listening sessions. I would guess that the size of these are an often overlooked benefit of these small powerhouse IEMs.

Fully agree here about the size, the fit for me was the best I’ve yet had with a universal design.

Jul 10, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #523 of 878
I ran across your article prior to purchasing the Luna, it set me up for what to expect. I'm lucky that the best fitting tip produces the best sound for me. A couple of your music suggestions has also made it to my playlist. Many thanks!
You're welcome

Jul 13, 2020 at 1:40 AM Post #524 of 878
I have tried the Z1R and all I can say is Luna vocals are better. It definitely makes sense since it complements the Z1R. :)
I second this comment! I own the Z1R and I was part of the Luna tour. The Luna just has a more intimate rendering for vocals(both for male and female). While the Z1R renders female vocals better than male vocals, you're just placed more further back in the room compared to the Luna's right in your ear whispering type of rendering lol
It really comes down to preference, but I can confidently say the two really complement each other. The Luna has lusher and intimate mids, punchier bass (especially in the mid-bass), and a relaxed high treble, while the Z1R has this ever so deep rumbling bass, energetic treble, and just a bit more spacious rendering.

Jul 13, 2020 at 4:06 AM Post #525 of 878
I second this comment! I own the Z1R and I was part of the Luna tour. The Luna just has a more intimate rendering for vocals(both for male and female). While the Z1R renders female vocals better than male vocals, you're just placed more further back in the room compared to the Luna's right in your ear whispering type of rendering lol
It really comes down to preference, but I can confidently say the two really complement each other. The Luna has lusher and intimate mids, punchier bass (especially in the mid-bass), and a relaxed high treble, while the Z1R has this ever so deep rumbling bass, energetic treble, and just a bit more spacious rendering.
Definitely. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back