DUNU LUNA - Impressions and Discussion
Jul 4, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #496 of 878
Not sure. Not enough Android experience, personally. WIll check with the team. BTW, @Audio Addict was asking about whether it worked with software volume control in UAPP. Have you had experience?
Just gave it a shot, nope software volume control doesnt work on this, would be great if it did though!

Jul 7, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #497 of 878
Extremely impressed with the pairing of Luna & Blanche. There is a holographic soundstage expansion and the overall presentation feels very open. The micro details are better. With cable pairings, it is all about synergy. Having tried Luna with many high end cables, I don't think they can come close to the Blanche for synergy. It is as though the Blanche is made for Luna. Brilliant.

photo_2020-07-07_23-00-11.jpg

Jul 7, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #498 of 878
Yes, MusicTeck has our first small batch of BLANCHE cables. We're working with them to gauge user interest in the cable. Officially, we won't ship until 7/13, as we're holding a pre-order event from this weekend until 7/12.

The details on BLANCHE are simple. It is 8-core, pure silver Litz (from Neotech). We're really happy with how soft and pliable the sheathing feels, so ergonomics are portable-friendly. We then switched to palladium plating on the plugs and exterior accents are chromed. We think it's quite a handsome cable.
Extremely impressed with the pairing of Luna & Blanche. There is a holographic soundstage expansion and the overall presentation feels very open. The micro details are better. With cable pairings, it is all about synergy. Having tried Luna with many high end cables, I don't think they can come close to the Blanche for synergy. It is as though the Blanche is made for Luna. Brilliant.

Just when I had talked myself out of trying the Blanche, you come along and post this.

Probably going to have to say "sorry wallet"

😂🤣😂🤣

Jul 7, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #499 of 878
Just when I had talked myself out of trying the Blanche, you come along and post this.

Probably going to have to say "sorry wallet"

😂🤣😂🤣
I was surprised myself when I tried the Luna & Blanche. Really a great cable and perfect for the Luna.

Jul 7, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #501 of 878
I just posted my review of the LUNA comparing it to my A8000.

Jul 7, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #503 of 878
Any chance you could show us the Blanche and the Noble cable side-by-side? How much thicker is the Noble compared to the Blanche? Also handle wise, which one seems easier to handle of the two?
Yea definitely. I will take a picture of all the Dunu cables. Cheers.

Jul 8, 2020 at 6:56 AM Post #504 of 878
Any chance you could show us the Blanche and the Noble cable side-by-side? How much thicker is the Noble compared to the Blanche? Also handle wise, which one seems easier to handle of the two?
Luna Stock
Blanche
Chord
Noble
DUW-02
Lyre
Hulk
Viridian

photo_2020-07-08_18-50-40.jpg

Jul 8, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #505 of 878

I am glad to hear someone else liking silver with Luna. I had not planned on pairing the Luna with a silver cable. Silver and Luna did not make sense in my simple mind. I had my Null Audio Thera 8 wire cable available and tried it out with the Luna. Surprisingly it made a marked difference right away. More detail and separation. Without any coldness. This is such an impressive IEM. Also finding the right tip is extremely important. The perfect tip depends on the person and the IEM so it is good to try a bunch.

IMG_0206.jpg

Jul 8, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #507 of 878
Anyone here have a IER Z1R? I'm thinking about getting the LUNA, but not sure how it complements the Z1R or if getting a LUNA even makes sense haha
I have tried the Z1R and all I can say is Luna vocals are better. It definitely makes sense since it complements the Z1R. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back