DUNU LUNA - Impressions and Discussion
Mar 20, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #181 of 878
The Luna being as resolving as it is. Your sources matter. I can clearly hear differences from my sources using the Luna. Be it my Ibasso DX160, Shanling M5s or my Fiio M15.

The Fiio M15 has the brawniest bass notes out of the 3, 2nd Shanling M5s and then my DX160. However out of all of them I have yet to actually feel that bass needs to be increased on any of them.

Mar 20, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #182 of 878
Yeah agreed re: source and bass (if you haven’t read my earlier comments).

I was going to say that I thought if people aren’t getting enough bass the seal might be the issue. Or positioning properly... But this is a good point re: source - source does matter.

For instance, the ZX300 didn’t seem to pair well with the Luna. (kind of unresolving or wooly sounding bass with the zx300). The N6ii, Lotoo 6000, etc. performed leagues of magnitude better.

Ghost by Ookay - So much bass there. I’m sure there are better examples.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #184 of 878
I've been following this thread since it's inception as a silent witness (stalker). The time has come for me to weigh in. You're all bast ards. You know that though already, don't you? As a guy who recently escaped the clutches of the man to set up his own business, now is not the time to be yearning for a $1600 iem, and yet that is exactly what has transpired. If I make the purchase not only could my business go under, but so could my marriage. But on the other hand, I bet watching your life descend into chaos couldn't sound any better... literally.

Mar 20, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #185 of 878
I've been following this thread since it's inception as a silent witness (stalker). The time has come for me to weigh in. You're all bast ards. You know that though already, don't you? As a guy who recently escaped the clutches of the man to set up his own business, now is not the time to be yearning for a $1600 iem, and yet that is exactly what has transpired. If I make the purchase not only could my business go under, but so could my marriage. But on the other hand, I bet watching your life descend into chaos couldn't sound any better... literally.
I posted this early on with the announcement of the Luna. I think it applies here as well. Lol.

Ground breaking audio requires sacrifice my friend.
Option #1
Why pay your mortgage. You can skip out on a month or two. They say you can refinance with better mortgage rates now a days and skip out on a month of payment on most terms. Skipping out a month of pay means new audio!

Option #2
Sell something. You know most of what you got is not going to cut it after you get such ground breaking audio. Might as well sell the goods the whole lot. None of what you have is gonna matter afterwards. Places take clothes for cash as well. Look into that as a bonus

Option #3
Uber and Lyft. Yes it might be time to get that side hustle. Requirements can't be that tight if you see news of Uber driver shooting passengers. If you know what I mean.

Option #4
If you be kinda hard on your body, party too much ect and you know your life has some limitations. There are dark places in China and some 3rd world countries that will gladly pay you in cash for an organ you don't need. Cus blood and sperm don't pay out as much as you think.

Option #5
I know you all have a collection of something in your house. Most folks have a prized possestion of something old and spendy. An old family heriloom perhaps. Time to use the ebay.

Option #6
If you have good credit. Time to take out a small loan for a down payment on a car. But you know where that money is going. OR a sub option is to actually go for a car but get a junker that requires not much down so you can spend the rest where it counts. Car might be a lemon but at least you got good sound to cruise around with your lemon.

Option #7
People all have someone in their family thats got some cash. You know what to do there cus you haven't asked that person yet to let you borrow $1700. It has to be a first time cus if you asked in the past. They will most certainly not let you borrow cus they don't want that to be a habit. Promise you will pay em back of course and you can then now use options #1-#6, #8-#11 to repay that family member or friend.

Option #8
Try your hand at gambling. You never know but if this option gets you more in the hole,it usually does. Hey at least it is an option with what money you got.

Option # 10
I got a call from a Lawyer from Uganda. Says I have a long lost uncle that left me a lot of money. But the catch is I have to pay a small fee in order to get that long lost money.
He said a small fee which equated to about $5000 but it would have been better it if was $1700. You know where I am going with that. This tactic evidently works as it exists. I saw it on the news too so I know it works.

Final Option #11
All else fails. Time to dig into your life savings. Life is short as you all know. Why not treat your hearing with something ground breaking. Enjoy the best of what audio has to offer in the short span of life that we all have. If your significant other has a fit as that was money you was putting away for a vacation. Most vacations are overrated anyway.

Mar 20, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #186 of 878
@Dsnuts I remember reading your post of this a while back, laughing out aloud whilst appreciating the comedic value of it. Suddenly it doesn't seem so funny. I think option #10 seems legit, though. Time for me to place a call to Nigeria; I must have at least 37 different brokers bookmarked for this very occasion!

Mar 20, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #187 of 878
Currently, we have five cables that we offer to users with our patented modular plug cable system:
  • DUW-02: a silver-plated OCC copper cable, with individually enameled strands (Litz wire), and a standard twist braid; comes with the DK-2001
  • LYRE: an OCC pure copper cable, put through a secondary fire refinement process that puts it at near the top (if the the top) of the purity ladder for copper cables, with a round Litz braid; comes with the DK-3001 PRO
  • CHORD: a mixed strand cable, with alternating strands of OCC pure copper and OCC pure silver, with a tight round Litz braid; comes with the 17th Anniversary Limited Edition model
  • HULK: an OCC pure copper cable with Type II Litz wire configuration, thicker at 22 AWG (168 strands of wire per core), with a round Litz braid; a standalone cable that comes with all four plugs
  • NOBLE: our current flagship cable, also a mixed strand cable with alternating strands of OCC pure copper and OCC pure silver, but with an additional non-conducting OCC copper shielding layer all around it --- this shielding layer acts like a mini-Faraday cage, reducing crosstalk across channels and EM interference. This cable is included with the DK-4001. An extremely similar cable is included with the LUNA --- the only difference is that
We are also introducing three new cables, first to the domestic Chinese market.

11203172.jpeg
11203173.jpeg

This cable is currently unnamed. However, it is a very high-end, mixed-strand cable, composed of gold-plated silver and a single core of pure copper.

11203174.png

This cable is going to be on a similar price point to the NOBLE, perhaps a little higher or lower, depending on how much it ends up costing us to make en masse. This will be our first pure silver cable, with 8 cores.

11203175.jpeg

This last cable, also pure silver, is more affordable, and is a 26 AWG, 4 core silver cable with individually-enameled strands (Litz wire). Its distinctive green sheath is a perfect cap off for today!
(*_*) That green color

Mar 20, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #188 of 878
Thumbs up for the Luna-N6ii (E01) pairing. They have a really good synergy together. Complementing each other. And it sounds expensive too, which I know many are fond of.

Mar 21, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #190 of 878
I can confirm that the Luna and Kann Cube is an excellent, dynamic pairing. I also use the iBasso DC01 with the S20 Ultra and think it is a stellar pairing. I have not swapped cables and find the sound quality to be fine. At this point, I see no reason for an additional cable purchase, unless the ergonomics are not to your liking.

20200321_083937.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #191 of 878
Has anyone other then @subguy812 heard both Luna and Dream XLS? Seem to be the best single DD offerings in the last few years, though they also seem to have quite different tuning philosophies.

Mar 21, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #192 of 878
Has anyone other then @subguy812 heard both Luna and Dream XLS? Seem to be the best single DD offerings in the last few years, though they also seem to have quite different tuning philosophies.
I do have both, plus JVC HA-FW10000. All of them are single DD configuration. I'm still doing tip rolling for Luna seeking for better seal. I will report once I find a good seal.

Mar 21, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #195 of 878
i think he explains here:

Polyurethane surrounds for suspension. Now this is similar to Utopia, and that is great! Titanium housing and cavity ! That is very interesting indeed! The inner wires are OCC coppers as posted a while ago. Will there be other versions that uses Pure Silver or silver Goldplated wires ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back